Behind the scenes tour

I have been looking into the behind the scenes tour but there is not much information that I have come up with, has anyone on here done this and if so what were your thoughts?

They say many souvenirs are given what are these?

I would love to take my son and get pictures of him on the bridge! But for us to do it $300 seems a little steep to me. But still to early to judge this so I would like feedback.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been looking into the behind the scenes tour but there is not much information that I have come up with, has anyone on here done this and if so what were your thoughts?

I would love to take my son and get pictures of him on the bridge! But for us to do it $300 seems a little steep to me. But still to early to judge this so I would like feedback.

Thank you

It is called the All Access Tour, and using that as a search term brings up these recent threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046252

including these pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1472939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSxGjGri66Q

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2041393

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2004493

The tour is called the All Access tour. It lasts around 3 hours. You see the bridge, engine control room, galley, laundry, crew mess, crew rec area, and more.

The tour lasts 3 - 4 hours and, although it will vary from ship to ship typically includes the full galley, snacks or quick lunch in the MDR as part of the galley tour, food storage areas, recycling plant, engine control room (but not the engine room), some crew areas, backstage at the main theater Studio B (for those ships with the ice rink), aqua theater (Oasis), laundry facilities, and full bridge tour.

The souvenir is usually a canvas bag tote with some other small items. You can video tape and take pictures of everything except the bridge, which is limited to pictures only.

I believe there may be an age limit on the tour which would include the bridge. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Thank you

Hi

Our family did the all access tour on the Radiance in January and it was very enjoyable and I would do it again. We went to the galley,laundry,crew area,print shop,engine control room,back stage and the bridge and you can sit in the captain chair and you are allowed take a photo (daughter love that). We got snacks and drinks in the crews dinning room. But we didn't get any souvenirs.

We just got off the Allure and my Husband and I did the All Access Tour. It lasted 3 hours. We were given ice cream in the galley and a chocolate covered strawberry. We were also offered some punch or champagne / mimosa in one of the crew bars. As for souvenirs, we received an all access tote bag and an apron. The tour itself was great, and I highly recommend it. Be sure to bring pants and closed toed shoes or you will not be permitted to tour. One guest in our group was turned away (she was wearing a skirt).

We did this in April on the Carnival Breeze and it was amazing. I believe it was $95 each and my DH and I both agreed it was worth the money. Cameras were not allowed but we did have our picture taken with the captain and also the entire group with the captain. Space was limited to about 20 passengers so book early (as on carnival the tour was only offered once).

For the All Access Tour on the Allure, besides pants and closed toe shoes, can I bring my purse/backpack, camera, videocamera, water bottle?

On what days does the Allure offer the tours? And the times?

Is this something that can be booked in advance' date=' or does one have to wait to do this at the Guest Services desk?

[/quote']

I've seen it listed in the Pre-Cruise Planner.

Thank you

It is a very informative tour, behind the doors, that you will never see unless you are on this tour, or an employee. Each stop, you will get a small presentation, and Q&A with a senior staff for the area. You will walk, climb stairs, go from one end of the ship to the other. You will be in a sub-zero freezer, see how they make bread, and soup, etc. You will have some samples of possibly ice cream or chocolate covered strawberries. You will go to the crew activity areas. Have a drink in the crew bar.

I'm happy I went. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't do it again, because once you see it, than there is no need to see it again!

Is it worth it? I think it was pricey and should be offered for less money. However, it is a limited tour, so they can raise the price.

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday and took the All-Access Tour on Thursday morning.

Tour itself was just under 3 hours long. Started at 9:15 and had to be off the bridge before the captain's noon address to the guests. We toured the galley on Deck 4, the stock rooms, walked I-95, stopped by the Engine Control Room, went through the Crew Dining Hall and bar, and then went to the bridge. Pictures were permitted everywhere except I-95, and video was permitted everywhere except the storage rooms, engine room, I-95, and bridge. The only thing we were offered throughout the entire tour was bottled water in the crew disco, which was so close to the end, it might as well have not been offered at all.

It was a good tour, but I'm not sure what we were able to see and experience was worth the $150 per person they charged, especially with some of the restrictions they had in place.

$150/person is quite expensive and if anyone has any remote interests on the operation of a cruise ship, personally I feel it is worth doing at least once in their cruise life.

Again personally I wouldn't tour a smaller ship hence why I did the biggest one out there. I have now been there and done that, it is unlikely I will go on another 'All Access Tour' again.

Is this something that can be booked in advance' date=' or does one have to wait to do this at the Guest Services desk?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

We booked ours in advance, and I would recommend doing so if you want to get a choice of days and times.

For the All Access Tour on the Allure, besides pants and closed toe shoes, can I bring my purse/backpack, camera, videocamera, water bottle?

On what days does the Allure offer the tours? And the times?

We were told only a very small purse was permitted (no backpacks). Camera and video is okay as well.

If the tour could be booked in advance, would it be under "Onboard Activities"? I looked for my Radiance cruise and did not find it.

Roy

The tour I took hadn't been posted in the pre-cruise planner but was promoted on board.

If the tour could be booked in advance, would it be under "Onboard Activities"? I looked for my Radiance cruise and did not find it.

Roy

Yes, that's where it is on one of my upcoming cruises.

For those who stay in a suite your concierge might be able to book these tours for free. When on the Vision we received a different invitation every day for different tours. DH asked on our recent cruise if concierge could arrange for a bridge tour and he did. DH, DS and GS went it was about an hour.;)