Epic - Posh Question

lakers4life

Hokiepoq,

Two totally separate areas.

Spa has the thermal pools, indoor lounges, steam rooms, massages, sauna, facial & other beauty treatments.

Posh is simply an area related to the courtyard complex. Original concept was a private South Beach-like club for exclusive use of suite pax. It has not worked as planned. NCL apparently now sells limited number of "passes" allowing access to this area. Looking for a sun lounge? It MIGHT be worth the money. Looking for nightlife? Forget it...save your money.

More confusion arises from fact that NCL originally marketed "spa suites" as having 24hr access to the spa area. This, too, has changed. Access is now nothing more than what every other spa customer enjoys.

It sounds as though you are more interested in the spa. Not sure of current fee for weekly pass...probably around $100/pp, but others can give you a more accurate price.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. A spa pass is what I'm thinking about on our upcoming cruise. The discussions that have gone on have been a bit confusing and I thought certain categories had spa privileges (we don't) and that people didn't want additional passes sold. The latter refers to posh then, not the spa?

I'm probably the biggest mouth about Posh passes here--Posh and spa are 100% different and on opposite ends of the ship. From 99% of the postings here there is no crowding at Posh. My experience was probably due to a combination of the ship being oversold on Christmas week and the crew not preventing people without passes from sneaking in. I've heard recently that they tie the number of passes sold to ship occupancy, which seems very fair. If you want a Posh pass, go right ahead and buy it--if you don't, someone else will!

Spa is aft and has thermal pools, etc. Posh has no pools at all, it's just a lovely, plush sundeck with a bar and nice views.

Help me understand POSH I love to sun worship and read my book or listen to my Ipod. I enjoy a few good drinks while doing this so far this sounds perfect. How far is pool if you want to take a dip if it is hot? Also can you come and go from here for meals etc? Will this save a seat so I don't have to get up at 8am to hit the pool area and if I didn't ask how much and how do I book POSH?

Help me understand POSH I love to sun worship and read my book or listen to my Ipod. I enjoy a few good drinks while doing this so far this sounds perfect. How far is pool if you want to take a dip if it is hot? Also can you come and go from here for meals etc? Will this save a seat so I don't have to get up at 8am to hit the pool area and if I didn't ask how much and how do I book POSH?

YOU can NOT bring food there! It is the exclusive part of the ship! The Butlers or the Bartenders will serve you! YES you will find space...while the pool deck is a zoo you can be up there and enjoy the show down there! The pool is just a elevator ride down!

So far it is only limited passes for $ 15 a day and you can only book it on the ships reception!

The pool is down on deck 15. The pass does not reserve you a chair or guarantee you one.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. A spa pass is what I'm thinking about on our upcoming cruise. The discussions that have gone on have been a bit confusing and I thought certain categories had spa privileges (we don't) and that people didn't want additional passes sold. The latter refers to posh then, not the spa?

The Epic spa is wonderful. It's $119 per person, or $199 for a couple. It includes the use of the facilities but spa services (massages, facials, haircuts, etc.) are extra.

spa1-vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Where is the Posh area' date=' and where is this other,yet unknown area?[/font']

POSH can be accessed from the starboard stairwell forward on deck 17.

The other secluded sundeck area is located on Deck 18 all the way forward.

It is hard to find because the only access to it is through the courtyard.

If you enter the changing rooms behind the pool in the courtyard, deck 16, near the back is a door to a stairwell that will allow you to go to deck 17 where the weights and exercise equipment are at. (note: you could also enter the exercise room from the deck 17 access doors)

If you keep going up the stairs to deck 18, exit the stairs and turn left and you will find a small deck area overlooking the courtyard pool.

If you exit from the stairs to the right follow, the passageway forward you will discover a lovely sundeck area (and shower) equipped with the same furniture and clamshells as POSH. There is almost never anyone up there.

Surely the one at the front of the ship deck 18 is the villas/courtyard sun deck. Thats via their exclusive gym.

The Public sundeck is accessed same level 18 as Posh but on the Starboard side. I believe it's either public lifts starboard to the hghest level (17) and then a flight of stairs or the starboard glass lift to that level 18.

There is a cross-over to a matching sun deck behind POSH on 18 and then a flight up next to the upper posh area (deck 19) is the clothing optional "freestyle" deck.

My husband and I were on the Eastern Carribean sailing on 5/23/11. We immediately purchased POSH all week passes for $59 each on deck 5 at Guest Services. They gave us each a wristband and coded our cabin key for the exclusive access.

POSH overlooks the pool deck and is 2 stories above. There is an elevator from the pool deck up to POSH so it makes it very convenient to go down to the Great Outdoors and get the buffet and bring it up or any of your friendly bartenders will go down for you. We went ourselves, quick up and down and eat and drink in serenity with NO KIDS. At the most we saw 15 or so people up at POSH and we used it every day. Ron and Chocolate Tiger "bartenders" were the best!!! It was amazing to feel like you had this lavish place to yourself. The only seating that went quickly and people stayed long was the pod lounge chairs with the covers. There are only 4 or 5 and one couple hoged one each - come on wouldn't you share as a husband and wife - they fit 2 people. We managed to get one 3 out of the 4 times we tried. They are open til 6:30 at night or until the sail away on port days. They have extra towels, do occassionally pass out fruit kabobs and cold face towels. There are misters, bose stereo when the band isn't playing below and the bartenders are the best with the frozen drinks - Get yourself a frozen mohito - that was our new creation that we started after having them in St. Maarten. This was our favorite part of the ship and we spent more than 1/2 our time there. Well worth it.

• 1 year later...

I've seen both areas. All the Posh chairs are padded, with many being non-reclining chairs. Posh has many umbrellas and a bar. The area is smaller than the public sundeck and there will be fewer people there. The public sundeck was 3X larger, but always had open chairs. Most of the chairs were the loungers that you would find around the pools on the lower deck. At the very front of the ship, there were around 15 padded loungers, 6 padded beds, and 3 padded clamshells (umbrella beds). So shade isn't really an option up there. There is a shower where you can cool off. The padded chairs get taken first, so you may have to take a regualar lounge chair and "watch" for a padded chair to open.

Archived