Legend Asia Voyages canceled!

I receiced this from my TA . I don't think it's an April Fool joke, but for real.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT:

"Please be advised a decision has been made to redeploy the Asia Voyages on Royal Caribbean?s Legend of the Seas from April 23, 2011 through July 16, 2011. As a result of this change all guests who are currently booked on these sailings will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.

Guests currently booked with names and money in house on Legend of the Seas April 23, 2011 through July 16, 2011 can choose to:

Cancel with a full refund and receive an FCC for a later sailing -

10% FCC for guests sailing on 4/23/11, 5/8/11, 5/16/11, 5/24/11, 6/7/11, 6/21/11, 6/25/11, 7/2/11, 7/9/11 & 7/16/11

20% FCC for guests sailing on 4/30/11 (Japan Golden Week)

Or

Re-book on any ship and sail date at prevailing rate and have their FCC applied -

10% FCC for guests sailing on 4/23/11, 5/8/11, 5/16/11, 5/24/11, 6/7/11, 6/21/11, 6/25/11, 7/2/11, 7/9/11 & 7/16/11

20% FCC for guests sailing on 4/30/11 (Japan Golden Week)

Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $150 per person, for Domestic Flights & $200 per person, for International Flights.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel.

Since the last couple of cruises had to re-route because of avoiding Japanese ports of call, and the hue and cry and negative reaction were very loud, RC may have simply decided to completely re-deploy the Legend elsewhere. If all of those cruises were to go to now-cancelled ports of call, then RC is basically going back to the drawing board in designing new cruises for the Legend.

Hey RCCL, wake up. Send the Legend back

to the west coast for cruises during that time

frame!!!!!!!

Anybody else with me on this????

I've always wanted to sail on the Legend but never been interested in the itinerary. My thinking is there was too much demand in the West Coast for the Monarch, but not enough for the Mariner. Maybe the Legend would be a perfect fit.

Nice time for RCI to try a little west coast again..agree with those above...However we will get flamed by those that think us loosing a west coast based ship is our fault ...Everytime I post about bringing one back to us there are some that go CRAZY with their flame throwers !!!!

Nice time for RCI to try a little west coast again..agree with those above...However we will get flamed by those that think us loosing a west coast based ship is our fault ...Everytime I post about bringing one back to us there are some that go CRAZY with their flame throwers !!!!

I am from Texas and I will be glad to put out the fire for you! I love your state and one of the best cruises for me was from San Pedro during the HIV scare. I loved cruising the Pacific Northwest....I think a ship that alternated Mexico with the Pacific Northwest would be a great B2B!

I know about those flame throwers...all I really want is a year round RCL ship!

I am from Texas and I will be glad to put out the fire for you! I love your state and one of the best cruises for me was from San Pedro during the HIV scare. I loved cruising the Pacific Northwest....I think a ship that alternated Mexico with the Pacific Northwest would be a great B2B!

I know about those flame throwers...all I really want is a year round RCL ship!

I am going to assume that you MEANT to say "the swine flu scare". :eek:

Would you like to take a 4 night cruise for less than the cost of a 3 night cruise on Monarch of the Seas? How about a 7 night cruise for only $273*? :D If you answered "yes" to either question, today is your lucky day, for Legend of the Seas is playing limbo in Asia! How low can your prices go??? :D LINK

*Airfare not included. It's not my fault if prices go up or down after I post this...

frame!!!!!!!

Count me in...this year alone I'm spending money on air to Galveston, Ft. Lauderdale, and Port Canaveral. Not looking for sympathy...just pointing out those expenses dictate less purchase power on board and less cruises with RCCL.

Alas, legend has been redeployed for the next few months to Singapore (though the free falling prices may imply difficulty selling it), but I too would love to see a ship come back to the left coast. I try to catch the pacific coastal repos when they come through, but the timing is often bad for me...

As we were booked on legend out of Japan in may, our immediate concern is figuring out what to do in that time slot. I don't blame RCCL a bit for exiting Japan for now, but we still have vacations scheduled (we need to pick our dates well in advance for work reasons), a pair of useless Chinese visas ($170 ea), and a couple of nonrefundable air tickets we need to sort out. RCCL is generously paying 200 of the $250 per ticket change fee, but of course the rates on many may sailings are so much higher now than when we booked, and we're stuck on united because that's where our current flights are. We're still hoping to find a reasonable deal on something that fits our timing. Brilliance and splendour are top contenders, but a comparable cabin is almost $600 more per person.

This of course is nothing in comparison to all the misery and trouble in Japan right now. My heart goes out to them, and I hope to contribute my dollars to their economy in the not distant future when it's safe.

Heck, maybe all this uncertainty "over there" will prompt some kind of clever new strategy to find a way to make more U.S. Home-ported cruises profitable. All the money may be in Europe right now, but thats as nothing if they have to keep redeploying ships to route around unrest or other difficulties.

frame!!!!!!!

Amen, SRAFROG! :p

Legend would be a great choice to put into some variation of the route that her sister, Vision, used to sail out of LA -- summers in Alaska, followed by winters to the Mexican Riviera. I'd also love it if they added some intercoastal Pacific cruises (like the they did during the swine-flu redeployment of Mariner). :cool:

RCCL, are you listening???? ;)

Alas, legend has been redeployed for the next few months to Singapore (though the free falling prices may imply difficulty selling it), but I too would love to see a ship come back to the left coast. I try to catch the pacific coastal repos when they come through, but the timing is often bad for me...

As we were booked on legend out of Japan in may, our immediate concern is figuring out what to do in that time slot. I don't blame RCCL a bit for exiting Japan for now, but we still have vacations scheduled (we need to pick our dates well in advance for work reasons), a pair of useless Chinese visas ($170 ea), and a couple of nonrefundable air tickets we need to sort out. RCCL is generously paying 200 of the $250 per ticket change fee, but of course the rates on many may sailings are so much higher now than when we booked, and we're stuck on united because that's where our current flights are. We're still hoping to find a reasonable deal on something that fits our timing. Brilliance and splendour are top contenders, but a comparable cabin is almost $600 more per person.

This of course is nothing in comparison to all the misery and trouble in Japan right now. My heart goes out to them, and I hope to contribute my dollars to their economy in the not distant future when it's safe.

Heck, maybe all this uncertainty "over there" will prompt some kind of clever new strategy to find a way to make more U.S. Home-ported cruises profitable. All the money may be in Europe right now, but thats as nothing if they have to keep redeploying ships to route around unrest or other difficulties.

Lay out all of the extra costs associated with RCCL's decision, then pick a different cruise you want to be on, and ask RCCL to make up more of the difference you can doccument. You may be able to get more generous options out of them when you can lay out A B C all of the cost changes etc...

Best of luck getting it all changed around to a new cruise you like. Of course going out of Singapore would be a nice option...

Lay out all of the extra costs associated with RCCL's decision, then pick a different cruise you want to be on, and ask RCCL to make up more of the difference you can doccument. You may be able to get more generous options out of them when you can lay out A B C all of the cost changes etc...

Best of luck getting it all changed around to a new cruise you like. Of course going out of Singapore would be a nice option...

Indeed, we are still negotiating but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Really, I don't EXPECT anything... More like I'm hoping for a gesture... I am fully aware that this isn't their fault. As for Singapore, it would be more interesting to me had we not just sailed from there ON LEGEND just two years ago, and were the cruises not all 3/4 days. If we strung three together to cover the time we had booked, we'd spend two turnaround days in singapore, which just isn't what we want right now...

Indeed, we are still negotiating but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Really, I don't EXPECT anything... More like I'm hoping for a gesture... I am fully aware that this isn't their fault. As for Singapore, it would be more interesting to me had we not just sailed from there ON LEGEND just two years ago, and were the cruises not all 3/4 days. If we strung three together to cover the time we had booked, we'd spend two turnaround days in singapore, which just isn't what we want right now...

I can see if you were just there not wanting Singapore....for me, I'd be interested in going out of there since it has been a long time since we were last in Singapore. Guess I will actually go see what the rates are, and then what I can do about flights...ideally Continental FF miles can get me there and back in nice seats.

Went and looked at sailing thet corresponds with DD's birthday...wow rates for OS, GS, and RS are all great. Of course no concierge lounge, but then again the three of us are Diamond.

It is a nice possibility.

Went and looked at sailing thet corresponds with DD's birthday...wow rates for OS, GS, and RS are all great. Of course no concierge lounge, but then again the three of us are Diamond.

It is a nice possibility.

I heard that they had made some changes to Legend during her Asia stint; temporary concierge lounge may have been one of them.

Try the Roll Calls for info.

I heard that they had made some changes to Legend during her Asia stint; temporary concierge lounge may have been one of them.

Before the Legend moved to Asia, the card room was became the concierge lounge (we used it in February, 2008 out of Santo Domingo). I believe they restored the card room to its original purpose for the Asian itineraries. If and when, the ship returns to the US some non-Asian base, we can hope that they will once again add a CL to her. The fact that a CL and DL are due to be added to Splendour during its next drydock gives us some reason to hope that something similar will be done to Legend.:)

I recall hearing something along those lines.

I am about to hop on CP and take a hold on I think the RS is what DW wants to have me hold while working out the other details.

Archived