Have Destination Questions ? Updated 7/3/11

Andy

Hi Everyone !

I'm meeting with Azamara's Destination Manager tonight. If you have questions for Claudius, feel free to post on this thread. I cannot promise that every question will be answered.

Please do not ask about specific sailing dates or individual excursions. Also, please keep your questions general in nature.

I will be happy to accept questions until 7:30 pm Eastern time. Thanks very much !

Andy - thanks for opening this up to the customers. One locale that has not been on any cruise line radar since 2006 is the Islands of the Pacific Theater during WWII. Princess offered a cruise for us "children of vets" (both my wife and my fathers served and we really think it would be unique for a cruise). Start in Melbourne Australia, Wellington, NZ, sail the Coral Sea, New Caledonia, Guadancanal (sail Iron Bottom sound for memorial), Gizo (PT109), Rabul, Palau, Guam, Siapan, Iwo Jima, Hiroshima Japan.

Zouave

Andy - thanks for opening this up to the customers. One locale that has not been on any cruise line radar since 2006 is the Islands of the Pacific Theater during WWII. Princess offered a cruise for us "children of vets" (both my wife and my fathers served and we really think it would be unique for a cruise). Start in Melbourne Australia, Wellington, NZ, sail the Coral Sea, New Caledonia, Guadancanal (sail Iron Bottom sound for memorial), Gizo (PT109), Rabul, Palau, Guam, Siapan, Iwo Jima, Hiroshima Japan.

Zouave

Hi Zouave !

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm excited that Claudius was gracious to spend time with me.

I thought your idea was interesting - and will be sure to pass it along !

1) Will Azamara be doing an Amazon river cruise in 2013?

2) Does Azamara have any plans to cruise around Africa and the Indian Ocean?

Hi Jade !

I will gladly ask.

I have general questions- how do they combine the information from the destinations team with those from the maritime division to work out what is feasible in terms of time, distance, navigability etc

and a specific question

Do they ever envisage taking a smaller Azamara ship to Australia/New Zealand

and finally

Will we ever see a New England in the fall Azamara cruise

1st Destination....

We are interested in Tahiti area....

in particular a B2B option ...

Hawaii..Tahiti ...Hawaii cruise that could be done as a B2B, so you would only have to fly to Hawaii if you chose to do the B2B option

Of course one way segments would also be available

HNL- PPT and PPT-HNL

2nd Destination....

We are also interested in Madagascar, so any plans for that?

3rd Destination...

Black Sea..will the country of Georgia be added for future sailings?

Thanks

K.

Andy: Did you meet with Claudius last week? Any feedback yet on destinations?

Thanks

Hi Shoesonfire !

I met with Claudius, and I'm in the process of putting my notes together. Unfortunately, work and family commitments are keeping me busy this week. As long as things calm down, I'm hoping to post the responses to your questions this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

Dear Andy,

we are going on our first Azamara Cruise in September (Nice to Rome). I set up an account on my Azamara. How can I specify special occasions there (I have birthday and we have our anniversery).

Special Occasions:

Be sure to let us know if you're celebrating an anniversary, a birthday or another special occasion onboard.

You have specified 0 special occasions

Thanks

1. Silke

Hi Everyone !

I'm meeting with Azamara's Destination Manager tonight. If you have questions for Claudius, feel free to post on this thread. I cannot promise that every question will be answered.

Please do not ask about specific sailing dates or individual excursions. Also, please keep your questions general in nature.

I will be happy to accept questions until 7:30 pm Eastern time. Thanks very much !

Hi Everyone !

As promised, here's the answers to your questions. For clarity, I will post individual replies to each question.

1) Will Azamara be doing an Amazon river cruise in 2013?

Answer : No Current Plans for 2013, but we will be offering this itinerary on Azamara Journey on 10/25/11 & 11/8/11.

2) Does Azamara have any plans to cruise around Africa and the Indian Ocean?

Answer : No current plans to sail along the African coasts. We do have several exciting Indian Ocean voyages that visit India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, India's Andaman Islands and Myanmar.

Zouave

Andy : My pleasure Zouave. It was an amazing experience - having Claudius share his insights on itinerary planning, and various destinations around the World.

Answer : Though an interesting idea, and I have operated a similar itinerary with a previous employer a few years back; it was difficult to fill the ship even on a smaller vessel as the itinerary was very long, included many days at sea and we feel that there is not enough demand for such a specialized voyage in order to capture 694 passengers.

I have general questions- how do they combine the information from the destinations team with those from the maritime division to work out what is feasible in terms of time, distance, navigability etc

Answer : My 30 years of Destination planning experience makes for a smooth process. We also discuss itinerary plans with our Captains and Marine operations. I have also worked onboard ships for a number of years.

and a specific question

Do they ever envisage taking a smaller Azamara ship to Australia/New Zealand

Answer : As of now, it's not in our plans... but never say never.

and finally

Will we ever see a New England in the fall Azamara cruise

Answer : Not currently, but we have looked at the option as part of sending the ship from Europe back to the Americas.

Please ask about Australia and New Zealand. That's where I want to go next.

Hi Feje !

Thanks for your question. Please see above response. Here's some additional comments : never say never - World events could create such a move. There are currently a record number of ships in that market and we are watching the economics.

Thanks for asking Host Andy!

I'd like to know if AZ has any future plans to sail the islands of the Indian Ocean - Maldives, Seychelles, Madagascar?

Andy : My pleasure MightyQuinn !

Answer : On Journey's 11/29/12 sailing - the itinerary will feature Sri Lanka, Maldives, and the Indian Ocean.

For the moment, we prefer to stay away from the African coast line along with its islands off the continent. However, in June, I attended a workshop in South Africa that discussed the future potential of cruises around Africa; so we are looking at it.

Archived