Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:46 PM.
Atlanta, Georgia
285 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Several of us booked on the 11/7/12 Quest sailing have noticed that, although many cabins were available several days ago, the cruise now shows up as sold out in all categories, or doesn't even show up at all when searching on the Azamara site.

Does anyone know what's going on? I hope this itinerary isn't changing again!

Thanks,
Doug
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/99 NCL Norway, 5/02 NCL Norway, 3/04 NCL Majesty, 5/05 Carnival Conquest, 3/06 NCL Sun, 3/09 NCL Jewel, 9/09 NCL Gem, 5/11 Holland America Oosterdam, 11/11 Azamara Quest, 2/12 Disney Wonder, 7/12 Azamara Journey, 1/13 NCL Pride of America, 3/14 NCL Jade, 7/14 Azamara Quest, 3/15 Disney Wonder, 12/15 NCL Escape, 12/16 NCL Spirit
Upcoming: 6/17 Azamara Quest
UK
2,588 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by TerryAndDoug
Several of us booked on the 11/7/12 Quest sailing have noticed that, although many cabins were available several days ago, the cruise now shows up as sold out in all categories, or doesn't even show up at all when searching on the Azamara site.

Does anyone know what's going on? I hope this itinerary isn't changing again!

Thanks,
Doug
Doug - don't worry! This cruise was heavily advertised in the UK last week at a really good price for an Azamara cruise and I know many people booked it as soon as they could.....including myself and two friends!

I know other people tried to book the day before yesterday, only to be told that every cabin was indeed booked. Unless anyone cancels, this cruise seems to be fully sold out, so I don't think further itinerary changes will be on the cards.

I look forward to meeting you at the CC Meet and Mingle.
Florida
1,448 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Just a few days ago, there were a lot of cabins left.....but, I am wondering why it no longer shows up on Azamara's web site and the only cruises that do appear for November are on the Journey and not the Quest. If the cruise was sold out, it would still appear on Azamara's site and it would say sold out.

I am hoping it is just a glich.

Lauri
Chicago, Illinois
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by nonrev1
Just a few days ago, there were a lot of cabins left.....but, I am wondering why it no longer shows up on Azamara's web site and the only cruises that do appear for November are on the Journey and not the Quest. If the cruise was sold out, it would still appear on Azamara's site and it would say sold out.

I am hoping it is just a glich.

Lauri
Me too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up Next
Celebrity Constellation ~ Aug 30 & Sept 8, 2018 ~ B2B, The Adriatic and Italy & The Rivera-Rome to Barcelona
Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas ~ Dec 2, 2018 - Eastern Caribbean
Celebrity Edge ~ Jan 27 & Feb 3, 2019 ~ B2B, Eastern & Western Caribbean
Azamara Pursuit ~ Apr 6 & 13, 2019 ~ B2B Spain and France Intensive

Viking Longship Rolf ~ Aug 25, 2019 ~ Paris & the Heart of Normandy

Past Cruises
Viking Mekong, Jan 2018, Magnificent Mekong ~ Celebrity Equinox, Oct 2017, Deep Southern Caribbean ~ Celebrity Solistice, Jan 2017, New Zealand and Australia ~ Viking Tor, Dec 2016, Heart of Germany Christmas Markets ~ Azamara Quest, Transatlantic, Sept 2016 ~ Celebrity Reflection, B2B, Mar 2016, Eastern & Western Caribbean ~ Celebrity Infinity, Jan 2016, Argentina and Chile ~ Celebrity Equinox, Feb 2015, Ultimate Caribbean ~ M/S Anahi, Apr 2014, Galapagos Islands ~ Celebrity Silhouette B2B, Jan 2014, Eastern/Western Caribbean ~ Celebrity Infinity, Oct 2013, Immersive Wine Cruise, Europe ~ MS Sound of Music, Apr 2013, The Danube, Nuremburg to Budapest ~ Azamara Journey, Feb 2013, Discovering Vietnam and Thailand ~ Azamara Quest, Nov 2012, Canary Islands, Madeira and Cadiz ~ Caribbean Princess, Jan 2012, Southern Caribbean ~ Oceana Nautica, Oct 2009, Venice to Athens ~ Island Princess, Feb 2009, Panama Canal Full Transit ~ Coral Princess, May/June 2007, Alaska CruiseTour ~ Star Princess, Aug 2005, The Baltics ~ Celebrity Constellation, Feb 2004, Southern Caribbean ~ Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas, Jan 2003, Southern Caribbean ~ Orient Crown Odyssey, May 2001, Eastern Mediterranean ~ Sun Princess, April 1995, Western Caribbean
Chicago, Illinois
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2002

Hi All -

According to my TA, Azamara has said (after she called to inquire!) that the cruise is being cancelled, however, they have not finalized their plans for a new itinerary or reimbursement package, etc. etc. They don't expect to have this information for a couple of weeks as they are working on those details now.

From other posts I've read, it seems this is a pattern for AZ to wait until someone inquires before they tell the passenger that a cruise is cancelled. I'm sure if they had shared this when they knew, some passengers would not have booked their air.

Not a great first time experience with AZ so far! We'll see how they do with new itinerary offers and reimbursemnt packages.

Tammy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up Next
Celebrity Constellation ~ Aug 30 & Sept 8, 2018 ~ B2B, The Adriatic and Italy & The Rivera-Rome to Barcelona

Past Cruises
Viking Mekong, Jan 2018, Magnificent Mekong ~ Celebrity Equinox, Oct 2017, Deep Southern Caribbean ~ Celebrity Solistice, Jan 2017, New Zealand and Australia ~ Viking Tor, Dec 2016, Heart of Germany Christmas Markets ~ Azamara Quest, Transatlantic, Sept 2016 ~ Celebrity Reflection, B2B, Mar 2016, Eastern & Western Caribbean ~ Celebrity Infinity, Jan 2016, Argentina and Chile ~ Celebrity Equinox, Feb 2015, Ultimate Caribbean ~ M/S Anahi, Apr 2014, Galapagos Islands ~ Celebrity Silhouette B2B, Jan 2014, Eastern/Western Caribbean ~ Celebrity Infinity, Oct 2013, Immersive Wine Cruise, Europe ~ MS Sound of Music, Apr 2013, The Danube, Nuremburg to Budapest ~ Azamara Journey, Feb 2013, Discovering Vietnam and Thailand ~ Azamara Quest, Nov 2012, Canary Islands, Madeira and Cadiz ~ Caribbean Princess, Jan 2012, Southern Caribbean ~ Oceana Nautica, Oct 2009, Venice to Athens ~ Island Princess, Feb 2009, Panama Canal Full Transit ~ Coral Princess, May/June 2007, Alaska CruiseTour ~ Star Princess, Aug 2005, The Baltics ~ Celebrity Constellation, Feb 2004, Southern Caribbean ~ Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas, Jan 2003, Southern Caribbean ~ Orient Crown Odyssey, May 2001, Eastern Mediterranean ~ Sun Princess, April 1995, Western Caribbean
Atlanta, Georgia
285 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by scottam

Hi All -

According to my TA, Azamara has said (after she called to inquire!) that the cruise is being cancelled, however, they have not finalized their plans for a new itinerary or reimbursement package, etc. etc. They don't expect to have this information for a couple of weeks as they are working on those details now.

From other posts I've read, it seems this is a pattern for AZ to wait until someone inquires before they tell the passenger that a cruise is cancelled. I'm sure if they had shared this when they knew, some passengers would not have booked their air.

Not a great first time experience with AZ so far! We'll see how they do with new itinerary offers and reimbursemnt packages.

Tammy
I hate to hear that! We were really looking forward to this itinerary. We even cancelled a cruise on another line to take this one.

Thanks for checking.
Doug
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/99 NCL Norway, 5/02 NCL Norway, 3/04 NCL Majesty, 5/05 Carnival Conquest, 3/06 NCL Sun, 3/09 NCL Jewel, 9/09 NCL Gem, 5/11 Holland America Oosterdam, 11/11 Azamara Quest, 2/12 Disney Wonder, 7/12 Azamara Journey, 1/13 NCL Pride of America, 3/14 NCL Jade, 7/14 Azamara Quest, 3/15 Disney Wonder, 12/15 NCL Escape, 12/16 NCL Spirit
Upcoming: 6/17 Azamara Quest
Chicago, Illinois
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by TerryAndDoug
I hate to hear that! We were really looking forward to this itinerary. We even cancelled a cruise on another line to take this one.

Thanks for checking.
Doug
I'm disappointed too. We really loved the itinerary!

Tammy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up Next

Past Cruises
Florida
1,448 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Wow. I hope this cruise is not cancelled. It was our anniversary and my "significant" birthday cruise. The itinerary was perfect and this would have been cruise number 6 with Azamara.

Bill.....if you are reading this thread, maybe you can offer us some insight.

Lauri
1,485 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Grr.

I was looking forward to trying this cruise line, and I've been hanging in there through a change from TA to a shortened TA to a total change in itinerary, which required another flight, and now it's being changed again? Or possibly canceled?

I have to say I'm not impressed with AZ right about now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
hrhdhd

Cruises Booked: Celebrity Equinox 11/18 Eastern Caribbean, Celebrity Equinox 03/19 Western Caribbean, Celebrity Equinox 03/20 Western Caribbean

Cruises Taken:
HAL Zuiderdam 08/05 Western Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/05 Eastern Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/06 Western Caribbean, Princess Dawn 05/07 Alaska, HAL Westerdam 12/07 Eastern Caribbean, Princess Island 12/08 Panama Canal, HAL Ryndam 11/09 Western Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 01/10 Southern Caribbean, HAL Westerdam 12/10 Southern Caribbean, Disney Magic 05/11 Transatlantic, Princess Emerald 12/11 Southern Caribbean, Azamara Quest 10/12 Sicily/Malta, Princess Emerald 11/12 Eastern Caribbean, HAL Eurodam 03/13 Eastern Caribbean, Azamara Quest 08/13 Northern Europe, HAL Eurodam 11/13 Western Caribbean, Princess Ruby 11/14 Western Caribbean, Princess Regal 12/14 Eastern Caribbean, RCI Brilliance of the Seas 05/15 Transatlantic, Princess Emerald 12/15 Southern Caribbean, Celebrity Silhouette 03/16 Western Caribbean, Azamara Journey 08/16 Western Mediterranean, Azamara Quest 12/16 Eastern Caribbean, Celebrity Silhouette 03/17 Eastern Caribbean,

Celebrity Silhouette 03/18 Eastern Caribbean, Celebrity Silhouette 05/18 Baltics and Russia,
arizona
336 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
I just booked this Cruise yesterday. The cabins were upgraded from an Oceanview Cabin to a Balcony Cabin Thre were rooms available as of yesterday. Talked with my TA after reading the posts concerning cancellation, she called Azamara and was told that they have no plans to cancel this cruise. Don 't know who to belive, but will just wait and see. Hope the information re: Cancellation is just a bad rumor. This pricing and itinerary was perfect for us.
19,902 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by scottam

Hi All -

Tammy
What itinerary were you on? The original itinerary was canceled. Maybe she was talking about the original itinerary?
Chicago, Illinois
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by Jade13
What itinerary were you on? The original itinerary was canceled. Maybe she was talking about the original itinerary?
I wish. The original itin (a trans atlantic) was cancelled back in Jan. I was booked on the "new" itinerary that replaced the cancelled TA (seville to malaga) which has now also been cancelled.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up Next

Past Cruises
1,163 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Once again our Nov 7, Quest cruise has gone missing, along with the cruises following up to the dry docking. ARE WE CANCELLED AGAIN?

Thanks for any help.
Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MARY

RCCL - DIAMOND PLUS MEMBER
AZAMARA WORLD CRUISES - DISCOVERER LEVEL
CELEBRITY CRUISES - ELITE MEMBER
Florida
1,448 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I just called and was told that they have not cancelled it but have removed the cruise from inventory???????? She said they typically do this so they can upgrade passengers. OK....now I am worried. Or - if I am one of the passengers getting upgraded, that would be a cool surprise.

Yesterday someone had their TA call and they were told that the cruise is cancelled.

We would love to know.

Lauri
wales
59 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Hi We experienced this recently with our Black Sea cruise July 2012 when it suddenly disappeared from the website. The ever helpful Lesley at Le Club Voyage in the UK explained to us that the cruise is very heavily booked and so they had removed it from the website as they were sorting out GTY cabins etc. Host Andy also confirmed this.
I hope this is the situation for you all as well.
Boca Raton, FL
18,843 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Hi Everyone,

I've read your posts, but I do not have further information. I've asked Azamara, and hope to have an answer (or Bill Leiber will report back to us), as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience. Stay Tuned !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy

UK
2,588 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
So.....anyone know what is happening for definite yet?

Bill.......I think you really should be finding more information out for us please.

My T/A has told me they won't know anything until next week, but that the cruise is NOT cancelled as yet. The same T/A told my friend Hazel this morning that the cruise WAS cancelled and he is now holding an option for her on another Az cruise in May......one that I won't be able to do because of work commitments and also as I am doing a cruise in April and another in June.

I will be so unhappy if the Nov 7th Quest Canaries cruise is cancelled, but I would really like to know asap if it is going to be, as I'm sure the rest of you would too.

At the moment it is still showing in my cruise planner on the Azamara website.
Chicago, Illinois
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by Host Andy
Hi Everyone,

I've read your posts, but I do not have further information. I've asked Azamara, and hope to have an answer (or Bill Leiber will report back to us), as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience. Stay Tuned !
Thanks Andy! We appreciate any info you can share with us.

Tammy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Up Next

Past Cruises