All Things Navigator of the Seas

Welcome to All Things Navigator of the Seas.

what are your favorite things about the ship?

We sail her a week from Sunday and will be sure to report back so others can enjoy our thoughts!

Please contribute as well!!!

We sail her a week from Sunday and will be sure to report back so others can enjoy our thoughts!

It looks good for its age, I like the large hot tub right in the spa area and the free steam room. I like the solarium of this class and the freedom class the best of all the RC ships.

• 2 years later...

I'm seriously looking into booking with Navi! I'm currently in my research phases, but this thread hasn't been used since her upgrades! Does anyone have anything new to add about the Navigator of the Seas post dry dock?

I'm seriously looking into booking with Navi! I'm currently in my research phases, but this thread hasn't been used since her upgrades! Does anyone have anything new to add about the Navigator of the Seas post dry dock?

Hi Malmo,

Use the "Search this Forum" tool at the top of the page... type in Navigator (or any other topic you are researching). There's plenty of reviews and comments regarding Navigator on this forum post revitalization.

My picture heavy review is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556

Have a great cruise :D

Hi Malmo,

Use the "Search this Forum" tool at the top of the page... type in Navigator (or any other topic you are researching). There's plenty of reviews and comments regarding Navigator on this forum post revitalization.

My picture heavy review is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556

Have a great cruise :D

Thank you! :D

I look forward to reading your review!

The new restaurant, Sabor, is excellent. It's modern Mexican with guacamole made fresh right at your table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've seen most of the specialty restaurants menus, but I haven't seen sabor. Do you know where I can find it?

Here is a link to a "sample menu" from Royal Caribbean's website.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sabor.pdf

We have been on Navi twice since the upgrades and are on her again in 45 days! Izumi is great for lunch...prices are a la carte during that time. Loved watching the FlowRider...but not enough nerve to try it! We love this ship and we will be sad to see her leave Galveston.

Pete

Edited by OKC Cruisers

Have you joined the roll call for your sailing? If not, please do... We're all over there waiting.... 11 more sleeps.

This will be my second sailing on the NOS sincr the refurb! Can't wait to go again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here is a link to a "sample menu" from Royal Caribbean's website.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sabor.pdf

We have been on Navi twice since the upgrades and are on her again in 45 days! Izumi is great for lunch...prices are a la carte during that time. Loved watching the FlowRider...but not enough nerve to try it! We love this ship and we will be sad to see her leave Galveston.

Pete

I love that you call her Navi too! She isn't leaving Galveston til 2016 right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We'll be cruising on her for the third time in december! I love everything about the ship except for one thing. I miss the Viking Crown Lounge! :)

Why will you miss the Viking Crown Lounge? It's still there. The area that was the 19th Hole is now the Diamond Club. The Card room is now Izumi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've heard you have to make reservations for shows. Is that true or only on bigger ships?

Not on Navigator. For sure on Oasis and Allure.

Pete

No reservations for shows but once onboard you will need to pick up tickets for one of the "Ice Dancing Shows". I believe the 1st scheduled time for ticket distribution is on Embarkation Day from 1pm-3pm on the Promenade.

I think Navigator has the best Flowrider of the fleet. The water-return grates at the top and bottom have a softer padding on them so it doesn't hurt as much when you wipe out. The older Flowriders have harder rubber. Plus, they crank up the heated water on those cold days leaving Galveston.

Navigator to me was a smaller version of Freedom Class. The only thing I didn't like was Port of Galveston. It took so long to board and unboard. I am not sure if they will be able to handle the Liberty unless they make some changes.

Changes are in the works to be completeed before Liberty comes. Making the channel deeper & a new, larger terminal.... $10M upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is a must see on this ship?

Must do?

Must eat?

Must eat is Sabor! In my opinion the best specialty restaurant in the fleet. Well worth the $25 pp charge. And this from the person who didn't go there in March because I thought it was crazy to put a Mexican restaurant on a ship sailing from Galveston. In June I decided to try it and in August I was baaack! I will be there again in March and August next year.