NR cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam cocktail party dress code

dcl1710

Hi this is our first venture to the cruise in November and are the cocktail parties casual or business dress? Looking forward to the cruise. We are new to the NR cruises, so any advice would be appreciated.

I assume by NR you are referring to The National Review?

Yes, it is the National Review Gathering. We have been subscribers for years and a friend said it was a great cruise. Need the dress code. Usually in the Caribbean we go really casual. Just don't want to pack wrong or too much.

If this is a group on a HAL cruise with non-NR passengers, the dress code for the evening will be published in the Daily Explorer. All the formal common rooms follow the dress code, and I expect your group will fall in line with that.

If, however, your group has a full-ship charter, then you need to ask them about dress codes. Everything about the cruise would be at their discretion in that case.

If, however, your group has a full-ship charter, then you need to ask them about dress codes. Everything about the cruise would be at their discretion in that case.

Correct on that, Ruth. Our charters have a different dress code e.g we have one formal optional night on a 7 day cruise, jeans, t-shirts and sandals are OK in the MDR (no shorts and tank tops) etc.

This is not a full-ship charter so the dress code should be the same as usually published in the HAL know-before-you-go info on the HAL web site. Usually, on a 7 day cruise there will be two formal nights when dressy pants and tops or cocktail dresses are suggested for women and at least a jacket and tie, preferably a suit and tie for men. (But, it has been a year since I cruised so what do I know? Things change quickly.)

Dccl710, if you have not yet checked us out, come over to our HAL NA Nov. 11 Roll Call. Several of the folks there have been on previous NR cruises and can easily answer your questions.

This Nov. 11 cruise is also part of a 14 day Collector's cruise doing the western and eastern Caribbean so you will also meet people like myself who have no affiliation with the NR group.

This is our first time on HAL - we have Princess status so tend to go there. What is a Collector's cruise? Very new to HAL. Friends have told us that HAL is a tad more formal than Princess (which since Princess has dropped a few points in our minds that is a good thing). Any tips helpful thanks in advance for advice.

If this is a group on a HAL cruise with non-NR passengers, the dress code for the evening will be published in the Daily Explorer. All the formal common rooms follow the dress code, and I expect your group will fall in line with that.

This is not a charter, Ruth. We are booked on this cruise and only one person on the roll call has indicated they are with National Review. I have warned my husband within an inch of his life to stay out of political discussions. :D:D

I will dress according to HAL suggestions..

This is our first time on HAL - we have Princess status so tend to go there. What is a Collector's cruise? Very new to HAL. Friends have told us that HAL is a tad more formal than Princess (which since Princess has dropped a few points in our minds that is a good thing). Any tips helpful thanks in advance for advice.

This is a new name that HAL has given to some of its back-to-back cruises.

Instead of booking 2 cruises back-to-back -- two different itineraries -- and having 2 booking numbers -- you just have one booking number. There is a little savings when you book a Collecctors Cruise.

This is a new name that HAL has given to some of its back-to-back cruises.

Instead of booking 2 cruises back-to-back -- two different itineraries -- and having 2 booking numbers -- you just have one booking number. There is a little savings when you book a Collecctors Cruise.

Another plus is that it is easier to keep the same cabin for both legs.

I have warned my husband within an inch of his life to stay out of political discussions

Holy Crow, Sapper - hope he can heed your words. Isn't November election time for our American friends?:)

Oh he knows that discretion is the better part of valour:D

Archived