What do ladies wear on an Oceania cruise?

Seas_Please

My wife and I are going on the Riveria ship in mid October from Rome to Venice. It's a seven day cruise. We have been on a couple of cruises but never an Oceania cruise. Can any of the ladies who are experienced Oceania cruisers give my wife some advise on proper attire for dining and casual lounge wear?

Thank you

It is not necessary to "dress up" like as in formal, but I always wear something "nice" at night. I carry that simple little black dress that doesn't wrinkle and a couple of other ones I have purchased in my travels. Some men wear jackets, some don't. In general everyone looks "nice". Pants with a nice blouse are fine, even some sparkle is around. Don't stress over it too much. Just try to be comfortable and have fun.

I was going to say something you would wear to a nice restaurant but theses days it seems people wear just about anything when going out

Nice dress slacks skirts or a smart dress for dinner in most dining venues with a nice top sparkles are not required

Daywear can include shorts, capris, sun dress, no bathing attire in the dining venues ..maybe in Waves as it is by the pool

Men for dinner wear dockers or dress slacks, polo shirts dress shirt, Tommy Bahama style shirts, some wear a jacket but not required

think smart casual you will be fine

We like to dress for dinner and pack accordingly. DH will pack a sport coat and a few dress shirts, as well as Tommy style shirts.

I am a dress gal so will be packing several knit jersey dresses for our trip next month, along with nice slacks and a few tops, for dinner aboard. For daytime, jeans, skirts and capri's will be the staples.

Our pre cruise trip begins in the north where we expect to have cooler temps and we will be packing layers so we can add and subtract as needed.

I have been to Italy this time of year quite a few times and personally would not wear shorts in October, except to work out.

LOL, Jan. I was going to answer when there were not any posted yet ... but I knew you'd have the right answer, not to mention far more succinct than I ever am!

Bottom line: this is not something for your wife to worry about!

(And if she likes to dress up, she should feel free to do so! She just doesn't NEED to on Oceania.)

Mura

I also wear dresses here at home and away. Depending upon the weather, I wear Jams World in hotter climates and a Black dress with a glitzy knit cardigan I have made. Jams World dress with a wrap and heels is perfect for dinner. I pair black, white and turquoise and bring gold dress kitten heels and/or silver or black depending on what I am bringing. I only wear shorts to the gym onboard and bring skirts with shorts underneath to tour. Colder climates a black pair of slacks something to layer and always a turtleneck as sometimes the wind is chilly in the evening. :).

Since others have covered the evening wear, I'd like to put in just a couple of words about your daytime touring clothing. We did the 10-day Rome to Venice last year in April. At the very last minute I threw in my waterproof hooded raincoat. I wore it over sweaters practically every day! I guess my advice would be to check the weather a few days ahead of time and then pack layers for the weather. I concur with all of the responses about the "feel" of clothing on Oceania. When they say country-club casual, that's exactly what they mean. My husband did take a sportscoat and wore it to the specialty restaurants a couple of times. I mostly wore capris with sparkly tops and/or sweaters and snazzy low-heeled sandals. Whatever you wear, just remember to have a great time!

Archived