BB King Lounge on Eurodam

Big Al B.

I think I read somewhere that their last trip is over the Christmas/New year period on the Eurodam. Too bad. We enjoyed them last year on our Eurodam cruise, great entertainment, and had hoped they would be on Baltic Cruise this year. No Luck....can you play the guitar Al?

I thought the BB King group was going to another ship (was it Noordam?) for the winter, and then back to the Eurodam for next summer. Where did I see that? Maybe I dreamt it.:)

A BB King group is going to Noordam in the next month or so. I believe the BB King operation can field more than one band.

I think I read somewhere that their last trip is over the Christmas/New year period on the Eurodam. Too bad. We enjoyed them last year on our Eurodam cruise, great entertainment, and had hoped they would be on Baltic Cruise this year. No Luck....can you play the guitar Al?

Jingle Bells with no chords :P. Have you joined our budding roll call?

Will they still be on the Eurodam for the December 18 short four day cruise?? I hope so as I have heard so many good things about them. Anybody know?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I seem to remember them telling me they got off the ship on December 8. I hope I am wrong!

I saw this on the HAL website,

B.B. King's Blues Club Live in the Queen's Lounge 5 Nights a Week!

Join world-class musicians from the B.B. King Blues Club Band as they create a dynamic energy that will move you to sing and dance along. The eight-piece band features two vocalists backed by a drummer, bassist, guitarist, sax player, trumpet player and Hammond B-3 organ player.

To create its own B.B. King’s Blues Club at sea, the Queen’s Lounge has been transformed into a vibrant blues musical experience, trimmed with portraits of the Memphis Blues legend and a special stage crafted to resemble the Memphis club. Exclusive specialty cocktails from the land-based clubs will be served, featuring the tasty, rum-based Lucille and Rock Me Baby concoctions mixed with different fruit liqueurs and juices.

In addition, “Live From B.B. King’s”, a live stage show directed by Louis McKay and produced by B.B. King’s Blues Club, will headline one night on each cruise on the ship’s Mainstage. “Live From B.B. King’s” showcases the true sounds of the American music genre of Memphis Blues performed by the B.B. King Blues Club Band. The 45-minute performance incorporates video projection to tell the story of the blues.

B.B. King’s Blues Club Schedule

I saw this on the HAL website,

B.B. King’s Blues Club Schedule

So, as mentioned, BB King is fielding at least two bands, plus some floating members of the band, as we flew home with the lead female singer when we got off Eurodam Aug 1. Yet the band stayed on, with another female singer.

Best entertainment we have seen on HAL in our almost 20 years of sailing HAL.

Do they play only 1 show a night in the Queen's Lounge and at what time? We are looking forward to this treat next week! :D

On the Eurodam last week They played for five nights in the Queens Lounge, one night on the Main Stage and one night off. When they were at the Queens Lounge they usually played at 9 PM until 11:30 or so, with breaks. If you want to get a seat, you need to get there early as it filled up every night, standing room only.

Don't miss it...they are the best!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal