Alan & Alana

Flo Earl

Hi A&A Fans,

Just received extremely sad news that Alan & Alana after 27 years with Princess will not be returning to sea at least for the foreseeable future.

We have cruised with Alan & Alana from 2008 to 2012 and were looking forward to seeing them again on the 2014 world cruise.

It appears that hard work, dedication and loyalty does not count with Princess.

Cecily & Kevin

Oh my! We enjoyed them many years ago on the Grand (at least I think it was the Grand). But times do change and so do entertainers. We always enjoyed how the duo interacted with the passengers. In fact, I recall having Alana sit at our little table and sip a cup of tea while Alan was working on his solo act.

Hank

Hi A&A Fans,

Just received extremely sad news that Alan & Alana after 27 years with Princess will not be returning to sea at least for the foreseeable future.

We have cruised with Alan & Alana from 2008 to 2012 and were looking forward to seeing them again on the 2014 world cruise.

It appears that hard work, dedication and loyalty does not count with Princess.

Cecily & Kevin

And do you know for sure that this was a decision made by Princess; perhaps this couple choose themselves to leave.

I had the same question as cruiseryyc. On another line a beloved, very popular entertainment couple (world cruises and such) was suddenly "let go" according to them. Well, while that was true, the reasons were that they knew they were popular and had gotten very demanding about the terms of their contract including salary. I guess the cruise line decided they were good, but not that good.

Now, I am NOT saying this was the case with Alan and Alena, just pointing out that sometimes there are reasons, even if let go (versus their choice).