1,000+ CABINS

PANAMA FLAG

BUILT 1990

CLASS LR

70367 GRT - 43450 NRT

260.60M LOA X 224.00M LBP X 31.50M BEAM X 7.85M DRAFT

MAIN ENGINES 4 X WARTSILA DIESEL OY, SULZER (12ZAV40S) - 57,430 BHP

SPEED 18 KNOTS

NEED TO TEST OWNERS WITH NAMED BUYERS INDICATION.

:eek::D

That listing has been up for a looooooong time. It's been brought up before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That listing has been up for a looooooong time. It's been brought up before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And evidently no takers. Kinda telling that no one wants what was once the talk of the cruising world.

And evidently no takers. Kinda telling that no one wants what was once the talk of the cruising world.

I thought of buying it but decided it was a tad small and figured I would wait for one of the Spirit class ships to be put up for bid.

It means that theres not a very robust used ship market; the Fantasy will either be sent to P&O, Costa, or be scrapped when it her time. I think she has a few year left in her.

Edited by cjknox

It means that theres not a very robust used ship market; the Fantasy will either be sent to P&O, Costa, or be scrapped when it her time. I think she has a few year left in her.

No one wants a used ship anymore. Even startups like Viking Ocean and Virgin are and will be building brand new fleets. Carnival has an aging fleet and their next problem will be how to get rid of it.

No one wants a used ship anymore. Even startups like Viking Ocean and Virgin are and will be building brand new fleets. Carnival has an aging fleet and their next problem will be how to get rid of it.

The Carnival fleet is not old and archaic and comparing it to a smaller company (Viking) and a nonexistent company (Virgin) is a bit nonsensical. If an average cruise ship lifespan is between 15-25 years then of course there will be some older cruise ships in any given fleet. Honestly, I think Carnival should keep the Fantasy class for as long as possible because they serve as important ships to introduce people to cruising. Are they the best of the best? By no means. But they serve their purpose well enough to justify them staying in the fleet.

Fantasy isn't old by any stretch of the imagination. As long as she has been well-maintained she's good for another 20 years. Had it not been for the 2010 SOLAS regulations, QE2 might still be sailing at age 45. SOLAS also took out the classic Regal Empress at age 56!

The problem with Fantasy is that it's Fantasy, with its Joe Farcus interior. I admire Farcus' work, but his interiors are not for every cruise line, and the cost to replace them is formidable. Also, one would probably want / have to replace the trademark funnel.

Also, yes, that sale listing is old news.

Fantasy isn't old by any stretch of the imagination. As long as she has been well-maintained she's good for another 20 years. Had it not been for the 2010 SOLAS regulations, QE2 might still be sailing at age 45. SOLAS also took out the classic Regal Empress at age 56!

The problem with Fantasy is that it's Fantasy, with its Joe Farcus interior. I admire Farcus' work, but his interiors are not for every cruise line, and the cost to replace them is formidable. Also, one would probably want / have to replace the trademark funnel.

I really agree about both the decor and the funnel. Decor that garish is definitely Carnival-esque and the funnel would be very hard to get rid of. I know the cruise line that owns Holiday and Celebration just painted over the funnel. The age will work ok but it is by no means anything like QE2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The fantasy is one of the least farcus fantasy class ships now. In 2007 many of her public areas were redesigned by partner ship designers who did the breeze and sunshine. She does have a couple lounges that still have the flare of joe farcus. But over all most of her public spaces are very muted now compared to others in the fleet. Just google a pic of her promenade deck or lido buffet.

As for this listing. I question if it is is legit or not. The websites does not give the appearance of a mutil million dollar ship brokers website. The previous link that was posted in a homestead website. Not a web site that one would associate with saling a mutil million dollar ship.

The Carnival fleet is not old and archaic and comparing it to a smaller company (Viking) and a nonexistent company (Virgin) is a bit nonsensical. If an average cruise ship lifespan is between 15-25 years then of course there will be some older cruise ships in any given fleet. Honestly, I think Carnival should keep the Fantasy class for as long as possible because they serve as important ships to introduce people to cruising. Are they the best of the best? By no means. But they serve their purpose well enough to justify them staying in the fleet.

Carnival has one of the oldest fleets sailing the Caribbean, and with every passing year it gets rapidly older in comparison to the other major lines. Carnival also has an over capacity of ships. They struggle to fill them each week, even at a historically low price point. They will never be able to command the prices that they did even three years ago until they get that glut of cabins under control. Now their problem will be what to do with that older tonnage as they start to take them off line. They're shuttering Ibero next year, where they've been sending their old ships. Australia and Asia are becoming go to markets and ancient floating stock is not going to cut it there. Up and coming cruise lines aren't interested in someone else's cast offs anymore. It's the state of the industry. I agree with you that Carnival will keep the Fantasy class online for years to come, but only because they don't have many options for them. It's a conundrum.

As for this listing. I question if it is is legit or not. The websites does not give the appearance of a mutil million dollar ship brokers website. The previous link that was posted in a homestead website. Not a web site that one would associate with saling a mutil million dollar ship.

What does a ship brokers website look like? They're the used car dealers of the seas. How glamorous do you expect them to be?

I doubt that Viking would be in the market for anybody's used ships. They are building their own ship. All that being said, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Fantasy class. I am pretty sure that all cruise line fleets age at the same rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Apparently it has been up for sales for at least a year now.

Yes, I remember reading many months ago that the ship was for sale. Carnival's business plan calls for them to get rid of their older, smaller less fuel efficient ships (if you read their forecast outlook that they release for shareholders). They anticipate replacing them with newer, larger more fuel efficient ships.

Yes, I remember reading many months ago that the ship was for sale. Carnival's business plan calls for them to get rid of their older, smaller less fuel efficient ships (if you read their forecast outlook that they release for shareholders). They anticipate replacing them with newer, larger more fuel efficient ships.

I agree they will be getting rid of the older fleet. I just question if this website designed in 1995 is how they are doing it. Also they have vessels in the corporation that are older then the fantasy class. One would think those would go first befor the fantasy class.

Carnival has one of the oldest fleets sailing the Caribbean, and with every passing year it gets rapidly older in comparison to the other major lines. Carnival also has an over capacity of ships. They struggle to fill them each week, even at a historically low price point. They will never be able to command the prices that they did even three years ago until they get that glut of cabins under control.

You are a very funny person, where in the world do you get these made up fantasies from. Just by chance, can you provide any factual basis for current Carnival issues in filling ships? Seems to me it is the same rate as other cruise lines, and to blow a hole in another bubble at the same rate and price as other cruiselines in the Caribbean. It is amazing to me that some people make claims that rci cruises are at the same price as Carnival and then on other posts there are other claims that Carnival can't fill "their old decrepit ships with out giving the rooms away".

Makes me laugh out loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app