How do I add pictures to my post besides attaching at the bottom?

crazymomof4

Put your picture on the net somewhere such as photobucket. Right click on it and select "copy image url".

Make your post and click on the Insert Image button on the toolbar above the box where you type your post. Just hover your mouse over the icons on the toolbar and you will see which one it is. Paste your image link into the box that comes up when you click that button.

Edited by Thrak

I tried searching for the answer and couldn't find it... I am working on my trip report and thought it would be nicer with pictures.

Thanks for any help!

Hi, if you follow Thrak's advice you can go to the test forum to check your work as many times as you need to. Just start a new thread there. You can experiment with the size of the image.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Norris

Put your picture on the net somewhere such as photobucket. Right click on it and select "copy image url".

Make your post and click on the Insert Image button on the toolbar above the box where you type your post. Just hover your mouse over the icons on the toolbar and you will see which one it is. Paste your image link into the box that comes up when you click that button.

Does it need to be Photobucket or can it be another site like shutterfly or snapfish? Still having a problem - I can do thumbnails on some pictures but most of the time - my pictures direct to CC say my pictures are too big to upload.

Your way seems so easy but still presenting a problem :eek:

Does it need to be Photobucket or can it be another site like shutterfly or snapfish? Still having a problem - I can do thumbnails on some pictures but most of the time - my pictures direct to CC say my pictures are too big to upload.

I use Shutterfly. Open the picture on Shutterfly. Right click on the picture and click Copy Image. Then come here and hit the little icon at the top of the post that looks like a picture of a mountain. Right click over the blue "http://" and click paste. It'll paste a full size image to your post.

If it's too large to upload it may be that you took a high resolution picture. At work we once had a woman "break" everybody's email because she put a picture of her daughter (totally inappropriate) into a newsletter she sent to everybody. She "dragged" the picture "smaller" but it was still a huge file that put everybody's mail over the size limit.

You will need to resize your picture until it fits the guidelines. You may be up against a limit imposed by Cruise Critic or you may be up against a file size limit that is imposed by your ISP.

It can be anywhere, even craigs list. And for those saying copy the URL and .....? Don't bother. Simply copy the picture and paste directly in your post

OK, I must be so dense - please have patience with me. :eek:

Yes, my camera pictures are high resolution - pretty much always had problems with that respect and don't know how to adjust.

When I go to copy and paste to the thread - it doesn't allow me to paste.

I tried taking pictures from snapfish & shutterfly using the little mountain box up top here and I get a link to the picture but not the picture.

I'm limited with my knowledge - all self taught or shown procedure and I do quite well - better than the average person but this I'm stumped:confused: