Getaway Splash Academy- Strictness on Ages

99taylorpn

Hi,

We have two children and their ages are 7 & 10. It appears they are in different age groups. We have done disney and they were grouped together. Will they be abel to stay together in the Kids club? I cant see them ever accessing the Splash Academy if they arent together.

Thanks

On rare occasions when there are not a lot of children on board they combine. But this is very rare. They will most definitely split them into their designated groups. My two younger children are the exact same age difference and we thought they would never enjoy Splash without each other. We were wrong. They LOVED it despite being separated. They each met new friends that they enjoyed seeing every time they went. The Splash staff is amazing as well.

Hi,

We have two children and their ages are 7 & 10. It appears they are in different age groups. We have done disney and they were grouped together. Will they be abel to stay together in the Kids club? I cant see them ever accessing the Splash Academy if they arent together.

Thanks

simple answer: NOPE. yes, exceptions are made but rarely. And there is a good reason for this: the activities are based around age appropriate. You might be surprised about their attending Splash if separated. At least give it a try and see how it works.

Don't worry about them being "split"...they will still see each other occasionally...and they won't be IN the clubs 24/7! The activities are VERY appropriate to the age group, so it's more fun to be in the correct age group! They may allow the 10 year old to move down, but they will NOT allow the 7 year old to move up. It's pretty much just like in schools...kids go to the appropriate grade!

I'm very hopeful that they will allow my daughter to move up to the 10-12 year group. She will turn 10 less than a week after we get off the ship and I really don't think she would enjoy being in the younger age group. she and my son would much rather be together (their choice not mine)!

I'm very hopeful that they will allow my daughter to move up to the 10-12 year group. She will turn 10 less than a week after we get off the ship and I really don't think she would enjoy being in the younger age group. she and my son would much rather be together (their choice not mine)!

If they do let her then it will, to my knowledge, be the first time that they have done so.

It's a question that gets asked fairly regularly and I have never seen a single report of it being allowed.

The only time I know of something like that happening is when the child has a birthday on the actual cruise. They they pick which group they want to be in on day and and can't switch. Pretty sure it says that somewhere on the SA sign up sheets, also.

My kids 7,9,11 have been spli over the last few years, but love it every time. Program is great. They may combine at night when working on things like their circus acts for the final show. Not sure if they do circus on getaway.

Zero chance.