Connecting cabin question

ERLEC

Hello,

I just booked my cabin on the Seaside for February 2018. I selected cabin 10222 which is a connecting cabin. I don't need a connecting cabin... I choose this cabin simply because it's larger than a normal cabin because the between beside it is a handicap cabin.

Even if cabin 10222 in not handicap room, it's still larger (1.5X larger than regular balcony room.

I'm a little concerned that it's designed for connection between cabin 10222 and 10224. Should I be concerned about noises? Are connecting cabins built the same as regular ones for insonorisation?

1013425207_Cabin10222.jpg.26419fd86a19bf821bc95b2b9addf4ae.jpg

Well, Seaside isn't built fully yet, so nobody can tell you (IMO) how good or bad the sound isolation is.

I can say, on the Divina, the sound isolation is terrible. We literally saw daylight from the other cabin through the connecting door, and could hear *everything*. Every cough, burp, sneeze, fart, etc. I'm sure the other room could hear the same from ours. Worst sound dampening of any ship/cruise I've been on.

But the Seaside will be newer, so hopefully they will use better insulation.

You're probably better off waiting until people have actually sailed to tell you how well or not well the insulation was.

Well, Seaside isn't built fully yet, so nobody can tell you (IMO) how good or bad the sound isolation is.

I can say, on the Divina, the sound isolation is terrible. We literally saw daylight from the other cabin through the connecting door, and could hear *everything*. Every cough, burp, sneeze, fart, etc. I'm sure the other room could hear the same from ours. Worst sound dampening of any ship/cruise I've been on.

But the Seaside will be newer, so hopefully they will use better insulation.

You're probably better off waiting until people have actually sailed to tell you how well or not well the insulation was.

Yeah, I can always change the cabin until I make the cruise final payment in December. Lots of time ahead to think about this...

Larger cabin, larger balcony.... All for the same price as a regular Fantastica balcony cabin. I couldn't resist and I booked it.

Hello,

I just booked my cabin on the Seaside for February 2018. I selected cabin 10222 which is a connecting cabin. I don't need a connecting cabin... I choose this cabin simply because it's larger than a normal cabin because the between beside it is a handicap cabin.

Even if cabin 10222 in not handicap room, it's still larger (1.5X larger than regular balcony room.

I'm a little concerned that it's designed for connection between cabin 10222 and 10224. Should I be concerned about noises? Are connecting cabins built the same as regular ones for insonorisation?

[ATTACH]403265[/ATTACH]

With connecting cabins you will always hear more noise regardless of which ship it is.

With connecting cabins you will always hear more noise regardless of which ship it is.

That's my fear... I might change the cabin and take a regular one. I need to figure out what's best... Less noise or a bigger cabin& balcony...

Change it ASAP. We had one on Poesia never again.

so you would prefer a regular cabin than a larger one with bigger balcony?

So that connecting door is a noise thing right? That's what I thought as well...

Hello,

[ATTACH]403265[/ATTACH]

My guess is it is designed for a family with a special needs person., so that they can have interconnecting cabins.

And as such I think you run the risk of being bumped out of it if that type of family book on the same cruise as you.

I wouldn't bank on keeping it so wouldn't book it as you never know what you will end up with.

Also I would be concerned about a possible noise problem

Pete

I chose that cabin for the same reason January 2018! We are doing a back to back so I hope it turns out okay lol

Haaaaa... So you'll be in this cabin before us then! Great! But right now I'm considering a cabin change... I'm still not sure. Would be great to have that larger cabin... It's 1.5X the size of a regular cabin... Same for the balcony!

I agree! We actually had a different cabin and changed to this one after looking at the deck plans. We are traveling with kids so the additional space takes priority lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I look at the pictures of the construction, the cabin do not seems larger than the regular ones. I hope they didn't change the plans... See attached.

2017-02-09_0756.jpg.b958c3bff49ff94e0df98962596240e1.jpg

msc-seaside-work-in-progress

821914139_SeasideConstruction2.jpg.06f1b23c129e93b855bd85fc1d5b1164.jpg

Erlec ... I have had a look back at the Old ship model and it shows those two cabins as Double balconies but from Deck 10 to 15 which could mean originally they were all going to be either Handicapped cabins or Suites, I have checked some other photos but it is difficult to see the size of the actual opening due to machinery in the way and on another a Tug boat towing Majestic Princess by it.

It is likely that the openings will be the same but the cabin will be wider, on another image it shows two cabins with no divider between them, on the rendering photos it also shows the cabins above going all the way to Deck 15.

Found another photo and zoomed in, it appears the openings are the same all the way up the block and the balcony size looks like all the rest, have to wonder if they have altered the deck plans.

Edited by sidari

Erlec ... I have had a look back at the Old ship model and it shows those two cabins as Double balconies but from Deck 10 to 15 which could mean originally they were all going to be either Handicapped cabins or Suites, I have checked some other photos but it is difficult to see the size of the actual opening due to machinery in the way and on another a Tug boat towing Majestic Princess by it.

It is likely that the openings will be the same but the cabin will be wider, on another image it shows two cabins with no divider between them, on the rendering photos it also shows the cabins above going all the way to Deck 15.

Found another photo and zoomed in, it appears the openings are the same all the way up the block and the balcony size looks like all the rest, have to wonder if they have altered the deck plans.

I'm guessing they altered the plans and they are going to be regular size cabins&balcony. If that is the case I'll move to another location (higher and in the middle). I selected that cabin only for the size. But the connecting door and the view underneath is not the best. If we look down the balcony we'll see the large terrace extending of the special room on deck 9.

Aw man! Well hopefully as more pictures and details come out it will shed more light on it! At least there is a lot of time to change if it ends up not being ideal lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know for sure they altered the plans now. According to the deck plans, we're supposed to have 24 cabins on starboard side and 25 on port side from the hump to the aft.

24 cabins on starboard because of the 2 large cabins that are 1.5X larger. But if you check the pictures closely, both sides of the ship have 25 cabins from aft to the start of the hump. That means we're not getting a larger cabin unfortunately... It's a mistake on the deck plan.

Because of that I'll move my cabin to another location that do not have a connecting door. There's no gain now to get this cabin 10222.

It says the balcony is the same size and the cabin is the same size. I would not stay in that cabin. I would move right away to allow you the choice of where you want to be. I have had an adjoining cabin on Poesia and it became a new rule for me....never get one. I will tell you that I heard someone coughing and DH thought it was me. I heard them put ice in a glass. I heard tons of things I did not wish to hear..which included snoring from the cabin next door. I would rather sleep in a small cabin that was sound proof than a large one where I felt I had to tip toe around and hear all of their noises!! I think these cabins should not be sold and should be kept for families needing the adjoining cabins.

We've had a connecting cabin on a couple of occasions and had no problems. Maybe we were just fortunate with the next door neighbours. I've had other cabins where noise outside in the corridor at night or movement overhead was more problematic.

• 1 month later...
I know for sure they altered the plans now. According to the deck plans, we're supposed to have 24 cabins on starboard side and 25 on port side from the hump to the aft.

24 cabins on starboard because of the 2 large cabins that are 1.5X larger. But if you check the pictures closely, both sides of the ship have 25 cabins from aft to the start of the hump. That means we're not getting a larger cabin unfortunately... It's a mistake on the deck plan.

Because of that I'll move my cabin to another location that do not have a connecting door. There's no gain now to get this cabin 10222.

Did you end up changing cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...