Cost of taxi or Uber between Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port

DaveNetMan

I was wondering if anyone knows the current rate (ballpark) of a taxi or Uber between the Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port for 2 passengers. Looking at our options, I know the Carnival shuttle says $16 per person. Thanks in advance!!

Agree.....Don't mess around with ship transfer services at this super close and easy airport to port trip. Those that think the ship transfers are the easiest way to go, find that they have to sit at FLL while waiting for other flights carrying cruisers arrive. By using Uber or a cab you will be at the ship within minutes. AND save the money.

Thanks for the replies! We have never used Uber (not available in Buffalo) but thought we'd give it a try.

I take it there's no restrictions preventing Uber drivers from entering the cruise port area?

Edited by DaveNetMan

Thanks for the replies! We have never used Uber (not available in Buffalo) but thought we'd give it a try.

I take it there's no restrictions preventing Uber drivers from entering the cruise port area?

No restrictions. We've used Uber several times to get in and out of Port Everglades. You do need the Uber app on your phone and to get registered with Uber before you ride. You can get an accurate estimate of your fare using the app and then request your ride. No tip is included.

If this is your first ride, you can get $15 off that ride with a promo code. If you or anyone needs one, you are welcome to use mine. Mine is 6y3g9. We both get $15 off our next ride.

Neal