Full face snorkel recommendations please!

Vineyard View

we have decided to quit renting snorkel and masks.....I have been reading about the full face snorkels that allow yo u better viewing, and the ability to breath through your nose or mouth without fogging the mask...no more clamping your teeth around the mouthpiece!

Wondering if we could get some recommendations and input from those who have gone this direction please? We won't use them all that often, so we aren't looking for top of the line, but it seems the right direction to go.

So any guidelines on models/makes, ease of packing, reliability, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last year I purchased 2 of them and absolutely loved them. So much better than having to have something annoying in your mouth. No problems at all with fogging or leaking! I bought the Tribord brand. Worth every penny,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are welcome! Oh also, the snorkel part comes off and mine came in a small pouch so it won't scratch. Easy to pack! Very comfortable and the band is a stretchy elastic type material that doesn't get caught in your hair.

Thank you Canadarocks. I spent a lot of time yesterday researching the two highest rated brands. There are fans of both, but it sounds like the Tribord has a longer history and possibly higher quality materials, so I think it will be the direction we will go. The 2017 model of Tribord has a different logo/owner but so far getting great reviews

And thank you ms411.....I did not see the previous question on this St Thomas forum. I will see if I can find it. I did just ask here and on St Lucia - I normally don't do that on two forums, and probably should not have.

I appreciate all the input.

I have the Tribord for the entire family except for my daughter who does free diving. We LOVE it. I got a friend who lives in the UK to buy it for us when it first came out. Been using it for four years. The best purchase EVER. No fogging. BUT if you do intense swimming and heavy breathing you will feel that your breathing is impeded.

Last year I purchased 2 of them and absolutely loved them. So much better than having to have something annoying in your mouth. No problems at all with fogging or leaking! I bought the Tribord brand. Worth every penny,

How is it diving down 12-15ft?

All the responses that I am seeing are saying these are not good for free diving. They are apparently best for surface snorkeling.

Because that is my husbands style I will get him one. Because I enjoy free diving while snorkeling I am researching the traditional mask.

I am a bit disappointed but better to know ahead.

All the responses that I am seeing are saying these are not good for free diving. They are apparently best for surface snorkeling.

Because that is my husbands style I will get him one. Because I enjoy free diving while snorkeling I am researching the traditional mask.

I am a bit disappointed but better to know ahead.

Yea, after some research I'm seeing that also. Thanks for the info