Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:15 AM.
Everywhere
134 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
I am trying to book a B2B2B2B with carnival but it includes both Australia and USA Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival Australia uses PVP's. I would love to have my USA PVP contact a Australia PVP. I i want to be able to have the same room on all 4 legs. It will be a pain otherwise. I prefer not to us a TA as then carnival will not allow me to deal with any issues and i have to have the TA do it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
20 Cruises - 160 Days - CCL
Batehaven, Australia
11,524 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Life_Traveler
I am trying to book a B2B2B2B with carnival but it includes both Australia and USA Carnival. Does anyone know if Carnival Australia uses PVP's. I would love to have my USA PVP contact a Australia PVP. I i want to be able to have the same room on all 4 legs. It will be a pain otherwise. I prefer not to us a TA as then carnival will not allow me to deal with any issues and i have to have the TA do it.
Excuse my ignorance, but if may, who/what is a PVP ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last trifecta of cruises:
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

Next Cruise: Nil booked.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
I come from a land down under
26,013 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by NSWP
Excuse my ignorance, but if may, who/what is a PVP ?
Personal a Vacation Planner, Uncle Les
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

26,013 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I know Princess do and am prett6 sure a friend who sails Carnival a lot said they use a Personal Cruise Consultant (the term used here it seems)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Batehaven, Australia
11,524 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by GUT2407
Personal a Vacation Planner, Uncle Les
Well I never, thank you Mr GUT. Now I know who all those people are from Princess who E Mail me and want to be my PVP. But as you know, I am my own.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

223 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Contact their Customer Service Team,
1300 385 625 - Australia
0800 442 095 - New Zealand
So that's Uncle Les's Phone No's Thanks Mic!
Canberra Australia
43,839 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by beatleman
LOL, I can give you his if you want but you may be better of using the Carnival lines. Uncle Les is retired and only works on commission (bevvies and gluten free pies).
Everywhere
134 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Thanks everyone. I guess i am just going to set up a conference call with my USA PVP and Carnival Australia 800 number and let the two of them find me that room I need.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
20 Cruises - 160 Days - CCL
Batehaven, Australia
11,524 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by beatleman
That's me, Senior PVP for Princess Cruise Lines. I only want 10% commission. 1% discount to Princess Captains Circle Elite Guests.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Melbourne
700 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Life_Traveler
Thanks everyone. I guess i am just going to set up a conference call with my USA PVP and Carnival Australia 800 number and let the two of them find me that room I need.
Be careful with the Australian 800 number.

While toll free here, it could incur international call charges from your end.

Of course, if using VoIP etc, no worries.
Canberra Australia
43,839 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
That's me, Senior PVP for Princess Cruise Lines. I only want 10% commission. 1% discount to Princess Captains Circle Elite Guests.
Your rates are higher than I thought.
Batehaven, Australia
11,524 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Your rates are higher than I thought.
Zero commission fee for you Mic, as you are a Canberran. Keeping our town going.

I will charge Mr Gut 20% PVP commission, all those rich Central Coast geezers. lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
43,839 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Zero commission fee for you Mic, as you are a Canberran. Keeping our town going.

I will charge Mr Gut 20% PVP commission, all those rich Central Coast geezers. lol.
Good man and too right about those Novacastrians. They have money stashed in their surf boards that lot.
Wjat gets my goat is that they constantly rub it in by saying they had a pie here and hey had a pie there. Only cost $x and they had bought all the cakes as well. Makes me sick.
Perth Australia
5,156 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Cant your US PVP arrange your aussie cruises? It may get difficult if you have more than one PVP? might as well just book all legs yourself online that way you can deal with any consultant who answers the phone or make changes through anyone, plus I dont think aussie Carnival offer the same benefits as US Carnival like the constant price drop guarantees so no real point in a PVP.

One of the things I like about Carnival is I can book US cruises on the US site from Australia.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
223 Posts
Joined Feb 2017

Can i pay in GFPies and Scrumpy?
26,013 Posts
Joined Jul 2014

Well I’m safe, not from the Central Coast you see.

Currently in the Hunter Valley but really always be a Lake Mac Boy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

26,013 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Good man and too right about those Novacastrians. They have money stashed in their surf boards that lot.
Wjat gets my goat is that they constantly rub it in by saying they had a pie here and hey had a pie there. Only cost $x and they had bought all the cakes as well. Makes me sick.

See my answer to Uncle Les, never lived in Newie so not a Novocastrian.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
43,839 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
See my answer to Uncle Les, never lived in Newie so not a Novocastrian.
I don't think I was referring to you directly but it is close enough.
Batehaven, Australia
11,524 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Well I’m safe, not from the Central Coast you see.

Currently in the Hunter Valley but really always be a Lake Mac Boy.
Sorry my mistake, so you live in the Hunter Valley Mr Gut, all that wine !!
Lake Macquarie boy then.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature