Keycard question:

What was that?

Insert and remove.

Thanks - I was waiting to place my lanyard order on Amazon until I got this information!

So, I've got it: "dip" it is, and a "badge" holder would have to allow for easy removal and replacement, I guess.

This board is the best!

Actually, ships are switching over. Eurodam in October and November was hold card near sensor.

Oooh - crumbs! How is the Oosterdam equipped? We leave 4 March for the Panama Canal. Heavens, I wouldn't want to have the rong badge holder.:eek:

Oooh - crumbs! How is the Oosterdam equipped? We leave 4 March for the Panama Canal. Heavens, I wouldn't want to have the rong badge holder.:eek:

Oosterdam last November, insert and remove.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if your ship has been upgraded to RFI (hold near) proximity cards , you still will need to remove the card from your lanyard holder for drink orders. I see people who have the plastic see-through holders, and constantly fumbling with them, trying to get their cards out to give to the patiently waiting waiters. They must swipe your card through the POS terminal. Even the portable POS terminals that the wine stewards use in the MDR require a swipe of your card. This was our recent experiences on Vista class ships. Don;t know if the Eurodam and K-Dam have proximity readers on their POS terminals.