Change of itinerary

Not sure which port you're referring to, but I know that RCCL will change ports based on a lot of things - customer feedback, local conditions, weather, etc. I'd also guess that it comes down to economics, too!

Several years ago, we cruised the Monarch of the Seas from San Juan (when this was a newer ship) and it included a stop in Martinique from noon to 5 PM. While I'm sure this is a beautiful island, there were lots of complaints about the locals being "indifferent" to tourists. When you went into the shops, the people were not friendly at all - in any of the stores. Well, a few months later, Martinique was replaced by a stop in St. Lucia.

Hopefully, whatever port they've cancelled will be replaced by something else, and it will be equally as good or even better. Enjoy your trip!

Which ports?

Changes in our cruises:

- Labadee cancelled due to politcal unrest --> went to Freeport Bahamas (great day!!!)

- Cannes instead of Villefranche (not bad at all)

- Santorini and Mykonos was switched

Happens a lot...and like the other poster said it happens for many reasons...sometimes it is too many ships due in a port at one time...our most recent:

On the Serenade--Scheculed stop in Ketchikan, AK...replaced with Victoria BC, Canada...had a great time anyway...

The lesson of the day when cruising...go with the flow...expect changes...:)

What port got cancled? Did they replace it? Which ship? Which itinarary?

Last year, on Grandeur, Oct 28th sailing, Cozumel and Key West canceled due to Wilma, Georgetown, Grand Cayman added just before cruise. While in Grand Bahama, Coco Cay canceled due to high waves, could not tender, Key West added back in since they got the power back on and the pier was okay. So itinerary can change anytime, and if you're past the "free" cancellation date, isn't a good enough excuse to get a full refund by itself. For that matter, if you followed the Grandeur threads from a month ago, they canceled Bermuda altogether and did a cruise to no where after the rudder malfunction. They did offer incentives for that cruise.

it's a med cruise on navigator. They've changed Corsica to Provence, a poor swop in my opinion. I didn't know there was a free cancellation period,more info please. What would I do without CC, you are all experts!!

Daff

it's a med cruise on navigator. They've changed Corsica to Provence, a poor swop in my opinion. I didn't know there was a free cancellation period,more info please. What would I do without CC, you are all experts!!

Daff

When I said free cancellation period, I meant the days before the cruise when you can cancel and get a 100% refund of whatever you've paid. I should have said that in a more straight forward way. Sorry if I confused you.

Here's what RCL says on their FAQ,

3 or 4 night cruise, 100 % refund if canceled more than 60 days before sailing

7 or more nights, 70 days

holiday cruise, 90 days

here's the link: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do;jsessionid=0000Ch9i2RqPiYbCNcIrhZ2pzTv:10ktmeu5p#6

Must be 14nt Med...but sheik is right...I dont see Corsica listed on any Navigator itniarary...it only lists Provence...Actually ...I dont see Corsica listed anywhere on the Ports of Call list for any RCI ship...(am I missing something?)

I wish they would drop Jamaica:eek: and replace it with another port.

After reading about all the bad things about Jamaica, I'm glad they changed our port after booking. Taking us to Grand Turk instead!! :D

The itinerary in the web site says provence because it has been changed! The brochure lists,quite clearly,Ajaccio Corsica, and this is what I booked. I am not "getting confused" with celebrity, I've paid my deposit and I know which line I've paid it too. I might be an " ancient mariner" but I've got most of my marbles. Just seen a comment on another thread from someome who's itinerary has been changed twice!! Is this a common thing with RCI? This will be only my second with them( if I go) and I'm not impressed . The cruise date is may5th . Thanks for your comments.

Daff

daffodil:

I'm with you. We have the same cruise booked for September 7, 2007, on the NOS, 14 nite Med., and I have my itinerary in front of me that my TA sent me. We were going to Ajaccio, Corsica on Saturday, September:( 15, 2007, the day after Nice, and now we're not going there. I don't understand the change, do you?

This is our first time in that region (our 42nd cruise overall) and that was one of the ports of call I was looking forward to. Maybe I can get my TA to contact RCCL and find out why.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10

which had Iceland cancelled as last stop before TransAtlantic to NYC. What do we win? Vigo Spain, a refueling stop. Entire city shuts down for siesta at 1PM, we docked at Noon & disembarkation was 12:30PM. Absolutely nothing to do, no beahces as it is all commercial port with tankers all over. A long line at the Purser complaining about the port. He tells us we got our money back as a OBC for excursions in Iceland. BUt we get noting sitting here in a stinky port getting refuled?

Then 6 days to NYC not 5. Then flights are a day off, airline was the rudest to everyone. What a mess!

I have seen port changes even worse than just one port changed. This past January I had clients booked on a 7day Eastern Caribbean cruise which RCCL changed to a Western Caribbean cruise. Clients ended up canceling and rebooking an Eastern Caribbean for the same date with Carnival.

The itinerary in the web site says provence because it has been changed! The brochure lists,quite clearly,Ajaccio Corsica, and this is what I booked. I am not "getting confused" with celebrity, I've paid my deposit and I know which line I've paid it too. I might be an " ancient mariner" but I've got most of my marbles. Just seen a comment on another thread from someome who's itinerary has been changed twice!! Is this a common thing with RCI? This will be only my second with them( if I go) and I'm not impressed . The cruise date is may5th . Thanks for your comments.

Daff

As others have advised you, and as you probably should have known, you can cancel your booking up to 70 days prior to sailing and get a FULL refund. Have you asked for a reason for the itinerary change? It is neither common nor uncommon for any cruiseline to change its ports of call from time to time, usually for a good reason. I doubt that they changed the ports on purpose just to spite you. Changes in itinerary can and do happen, sometimes with far less advance notice than you have received. At this point, if going to this particular port of call is that important to you, you should cancel the cruise and see if you can find another ship or line that offers Corsica.

a few years back we were booked on Enchantment of the Seas for a 7 day cruise. We received an email that Enchantment would be doing 4 day sailings and we were rebooked on Voyager of the Seas instead. Different itinerary. We were given the same category stateroom on Voyager that we had booked on Enchantment at no price increase. Glad we sailed on Voyager :D

daffodil - these posters are right - in the US you can cancel and receive a full refund right up until final payment date BUT, since you are in the UK, please check with your TA or RCI (if booked directly with them). The rules for refunds may be (and I've seen info posted here that makes me think they are) different for folks outside the US.

Archived