Taking my own soda on board

Hello everyone!!!!!! I am not new to cruising, as on May 4th we will be taking our 11th cruise. My question is can I bring my own soda on board and then take a can with me to the dining room each night? I've read the soda card is $42 for the week and sodas are about $2.25 each. I'd appreciate any info you all have for me. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for responding, When I get to the port do I keep it in my carry on or put in my checked luggage?

At the pier I've seen lots of people slap a luggage tag on cases of water/soda and leave it with the porters. Enjoy your cruise!

They don't care about your bringing soda onboard, so carry it on however you want. If you want to carry your own soda around the ship, bring cans of coke products...that's what they sell---they won't know if it's yours or theirs!

Until recently, the ships did not have Sprite Zero available, so we brought a dozen, or so, with us. We then asked the room stewart to remove the items from the fridge and we always had a cold Zero when we wanted one. There are no restrictions on bringing on-board soda (pop) and water. Portage is at your own discretion.

Another hint, sometimes the room fridge does not get cold enough since it's in a small closet and the heat from the coils can not escape. Just leave the closet door propped open and the temp. inside the fridge falls dramatically.

At the pier I've seen lots of people slap a luggage tag on cases of water/soda and leave it with the porters. Enjoy your cruise!

I have done this on all my cruises and never had a problem with it getting to my room. Not sure about the dining room.

Another hint, sometimes the room fridge does not get cold enough since it's in a small closet and the heat from the coils can not escape. Just leave the closet door propped open and the temp. inside the fridge falls dramatically.

I'm going to try that. Certainly won't make it any hotter.

Just off the Explorer and we brought on board a case of Diet Pepsi. We put a luggage sticker on it and sent it up with the luggage. We carried it around the ship and even brought it in to the dining room at dinner time. We asked for a cup of ice and got it from the assistant waiter. No one ever said a thing.

I was about to die for a Diet Mt Dew while on our last cruise. You can be sure I'll have it with me on my next. I did find a couple cans on Diet Dr pepper but seems like they ran out after the first two cans. You can get Dr Pepper in Johnnie Rockets though.

The last time I tried to 'luggage tag' my water, they said no. I had to carry it myself. Same for soda. May have been Galveston port though. So be prepared to carry your own. When I did check a 6 pack of liter Evian, only 4 made it to our cabin. Do so at your own risk!

I bought the soda package on the Freedom back in 2007. The fountain sodas were terrible throughout most of the ship. I ended up getting a refund half way through. Last year we brought Coke's with us and it worked out fine.

Thanks for responding, When I get to the port do I keep it in my carry on or put in my checked luggage?

Do not put it in your luggage...it may explode due to the baggage handling...getting all your things as well as other Innocent peoples things wet and sticky.:eek:

Isn't this kind of like trailer trashy to bring your own soda and coolers onboard? I'm shocked, just shocked, that some of you would even consider doing this, not on this line surely.

I hope you are kidding!!!!!!!! I see nothing wrong with taking a case of water, re-wrap with packing tape and put a luggage tag on it. Also we do take a soft sided cooler packed with sodas and beer. I am willing to match anyones sign and sail bill. We always buy drinks as well as we enjoy one on our balcony!!!! Happy Crusing:)

Has anyone sailed out of Galveston lately and taken a case of water? There will be six of us, and we are all very picky about our water. We are bringing two cases with us, one for each room, and I heard you might have to carry it on board with you. Ugh. Please help, I though I could slap a luggage tag on each one and put it with our luggage.

Isn't this kind of like trailer trashy to bring your own soda and coolers onboard? I'm shocked, just shocked, that some of you would even consider doing this, not on this line surely.

I think it is less trailer trashy to bring water or soda than your own alcohol. :rolleyes: At least water and soda is ALLOWED by RCI.

I plan on bringing a six pack of Propel on board the Monarch in May, and possibly a few cans of Dt. Mountain Dew. As far as I know I can't get them on board if I wanted to so I'm not denying RCI any money.

What's shocking is that you posted that....

Has anyone sailed out of Galveston lately and taken a case of water? There will be six of us, and we are all very picky about our water. We are bringing two cases with us, one for each room, and I heard you might have to carry it on board with you. Ugh. Please help, I though I could slap a luggage tag on each one and put it with our luggage.

When we boarded last, I had to carry my water on myself. Porters wouldn't touch it. The last time I checked it, 2 liter bottles were missing by the time it got to my cabin. If you want ALL of your water, carry it yourself.

Archived