Need Advice - Hotel Near Canada Place

CaptainKlutz

Hello All!

We're working our way to Princess Platinum Elite one day at a time! Almost literally. :D We're taking a one-night from Seattle to Vancouver and then a 2-night from Vancouver home to the Bay Area.

We have one night to stay in Vancouver and I hoping for recommendations on a good place to do that in mid-September. I'd like something in walking distance to/from Canada Place (if possible) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions from Vancouverites or folks who've stayed there recently would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Bruce

My friend swears by the Blue Horizon on Robson Street - they sometimes have good deals on through September if you check out their promo page. The other option is to use Priceline for the Westin, Pan Pacific, etc. I don't have much experience with it, since they don't allow Canadians to bid, but I have read on these boards that folks have got sme great deals on there.

Hello All!

We're working our way to Princess Platinum Elite one day at a time! Almost literally. :D We're taking a one-night from Seattle to Vancouver and then a 2-night from Vancouver home to the Bay Area.

We have one night to stay in Vancouver and I hoping for recommendations on a good place to do that in mid-September. I'd like something in walking distance to/from Canada Place (if possible) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions from Vancouverites or folks who've stayed there recently would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Bruce

Priceline, 4 stars, bid about $95 and select DOWNTOWN as your zone. People are getting the Pan Pacific AT Canada Place for that kind of price. Even if you don't; downtown Vancouver is compact and it will be a max $10 cab ride as long as you are in the downtown zone.

If I could get it at the price Scottbee is quoting, I would definitely aim for the Pan Pacific.

Priceline, you have no idea what hotel you're getting, just what zone and what level (number of stars). However, people are getting 4 star (the top level) in downtown for $95 right now. Give it a try, the worst that could happen is you could be in a top notch luxury hotel, less than a mile from the cruise terminal for $95. The best? You could be at the Pan Pacific which is co-located with the cruise terminal.

My advise, having used Priceline in Vancouver myself and having read other CC's posts, is that you start bidding at at the 3.5*+ for the Vancouver-Downtown area and begin at about $65 to $70. All hotels are that level are good properties, in safe locations, in walking distance of most of the downtown areas attractions and are <$10 cab fare to Canada Place. There is Faremont's Waterfront Hotel right across the street from the Pan Pacific and Canada Place however they do not release rooms to Priceline. If you are a member of Fairmont's President's Club they often offer deep discounts when things are a bit slow.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that I never posted my results. I went to Priceline and bid the $95 for a 4-star.

We wound up at the Hyatt Regency...looks like it's just a few blocks from Canada Place. The Pan Pacific would have been wonderful, but the Hyatt seems quite "adequate" ;)

Thanks!

I don't have much experience with it, since they don't allow Canadians to bid, but I have read on these boards that folks have got sme great deals on there.

We're Canadian and we use Priceline all the time. Of course Canadians can use it!

Is it too soon to bid through priceline for a hotel room for 2 nights arriving June 7th.for downtown Vancouver or should we wait till next year?

You could try now but often rooms are not released to Priceline until about 6 mos out. In other words you have lots of time....just keep trying until you get your nights for the price you want.:)

I just realized that I never posted my results. I went to Priceline and bid the $95 for a 4-star.

We wound up at the Hyatt Regency...looks like it's just a few blocks from Canada Place. The Pan Pacific would have been wonderful, but the Hyatt seems quite "adequate" ;)

It will be MORE than adequate..

We got the Pacific Palisades for October 3,2009. 3.5* for $95 US. Haven't seen any discussion of it on the forum. It looks nice and is in a good location.

Anybody have a comment?

The Pacific Palisades is located on Robson St., has very large rooms, some of the north facing rooms have good views of the harbour and North Shore mountains. It is very popular with cruisers, is convenient to most of the attractions of downtown Vancouver, has lots of restaurants around it and will be less than a $10 cab fare to Canada Place and less than $15 to Ballantyne Pier. I am sure that you will like it.:)

It will be MORE than adequate..

I'm sure it will be...had my tongue in cheek a little there...From the pictures on the Hyatt site, it looks gorgeous...of course, for $95 I expect to be directly between an elevator and ice machine! :eek: I'm kidding...I've never had a bad room at a Hyatt.

We're looking forward to having a little time in Vancouver; it's been awhile!

I'm sure it will be...had my tongue in cheek a little there...From the pictures on the Hyatt site, it looks gorgeous...of course, for $95 I expect to be directly between an elevator and ice machine! :eek: I'm kidding...I've never had a bad room at a Hyatt.

We're looking forward to having a little time in Vancouver; it's been awhile!

If I had to pick a hotel that is centre ice in Vacouver it would be the Hyatt Regency...no qestion in my mind. It is convenient to shopping, buses, SkyTrain, Canada Place and all of downtown Vancouvers sights. I have been in the hotel within the year and it is still a great hotel...it's worth twice the price you have paid for it and I am sure that you will love it.

Oh will you please fill my ice bucket on your way to the elevator?

No, to my knowledge the Hyatt does not offer a shuttle to any of the piers. I believe the only two downtown hotels that do are the Hampton Inn & Suites on Robson and the Best Western-Downtown on Drake St. That said you are only a <$10 cab fare from the Hyatt to the Ballantyne Pier.:)

Archived