Take with on cruises

lipping larry

I think it would be great to list item you take on a cruise to make it more enjoyable. power strip...clock that you can read...clear plastic shoe bag...extra copies of all docs...cruise critic door sign. looking forward to what you bring Larry

My choise is PG Tips tea bags. I am English :)

:) Go to "Ask a cruise question" - I am sure you will find lots of posts about

packing lists. In fact, check out your cruise line's website -- usually they

have suggested lists, too. Just use your common sense --- these are

suggestions --- you don't have to follow them to the letter. However,

the most important item to bring is money, money, and more money !! :D:D Have a great time !

I'm working hard to be a "minimalist" packer. In the past I've carried a lot of stuff that I thought I would use because I had these delusions of how my vacation would go ... I used to see myself sitting on deck painting seascapes, or gazing at stars on the balcony with a telescope. Yeah, right :rolleyes:.

Now I take a few things that make a difference - a power strip (we both use iPods, he carries his laptop, I have my hair iron) - a very small flashlight (he likes the room pitch dark, I tend to get up in the night), some sudafed (learned that lesson after a horrible cold beginning on day 3 of a 10-nighter) and a very small travel alarm. Anything else, well I can usually buy it if it becomes essential.

But others have ideas of what is essential to them. Hope you get some good tips!

• A few large Ziploc bags - good for packing dirty shoes, damp swimsuits, etc on the return trip.
  • Ozium air freshener for the cabin bathroom - small travel sized cans can be found in the auto air freshener section in several scents (original is not good)
  • Wet Ones - individually wrapped- both hand type(good for quickly cleaning hands) and for bathroom use.(These are good for taking onshore with you since bathroom facilities might not have tissue.)
  • If the ship has shower curtains instead of doors I take a handful of clothespins to clip on the bottom of the curtain. It helps prevent the curtain from wrapping around you when trying to shower. They are also good for closing gaps in curtains to keep out that early morning light.
  • Highlighter for marking things in your daily sheets that you don't want to miss.
  • A pad of Post It Notes and a pen for leaving any requests for your cabin steward or notes for cabin mates. (I like the notepad type with the lines)

Rather than a power strip, we bring a power squid. It's great for all those gadgets that have large transformer plugs like cameras, etc. You can use all the outlets instead of using only two or three. We went to the squid after we discovered that our camera wasn't charged because I forgot to replug it in the power strip after using my curling iron.

288621378_powersquid.jpg.d5254e2fc5ced87c4200a80d766c2a20.jpg

1159993598_powersquid2.jpg.8b9e601893e27d43b39d9893e41741da.jpg

One of my favorites is a folding laundry bag. It really isn't a bag, but a tall container that folds. It is very light and takes almost no space in the suitcase. It fits in the corner of the closet to hold all the things that need to be laundered.

This is a must. I never travel without a pop up hamper.

We also love the pop up hamper. It's made of mesh so damp clothes have a chance to dry and you don't have to keep pulling out the suitcase to get rid of the dirty clothes - we only do it mid cruise.

Never found a need for the shoe bag on Celebrity - there is plenty of storage space in the bathroom.

Second the night light - used to have to leave the bathroom door open and banging.

Drink cups - we carry our own insulated mugs and can fill with coffee or iced tea all day long and take anywhere on the ship - pool, library etc. The glasses/cups on the ship are too small and no lids.

Archived