Transportation to Sea from airport?

wacky1rn

HI all! First time posting here! Anyone know the best way to get from the airport to the NCL SEA in Houston? We have 2 adults and 3 teens. Looking for a cost effective way to get there!! Any other helpful tips would also be greatly appreciated!!

We rented a car from Enterprise. It was $13 before all taxes-- ended up like $22. They shuttle you to the cruise terminal at no charge. It worked out great. They have a special for cruise passengers.... going back to the airport the rate is much higher though.... we ended up catching a cab as we had an early flight to catch.

REnting a car through Enterprise is the only way to go. We ended up with a full size Van, it did cost us over $70, but that was 6 adults and we had it to use to run arougd for a day as we flew in the day before our cruise. You have to book it directly through the Enterprise in La Porte or you won't get the cheapy pricies. NMNita

I would double check, but Enterprise had cars waiting at the dock. We didn't have a reservation so we took their shuttle to the office. They had two people working at the pier helping people find their cars.

I used to take the Cruise Line shuttle bus from airport to ship. This usually is slow as you have to wait for everyone to get on the bus and sometimes with their luggage. A friend suggested to not take advantage of this but to get your luggage and jump into a cab. It worked! (Miami) We were on the ship before the bus groups and enjoying the lunch buffet on the top deck!

HI all! First time posting here! Anyone know the best way to get from the airport to the NCL SEA in Houston? We have 2 adults and 3 teens. Looking for a cost effective way to get there!! Any other helpful tips would also be greatly appreciated!!

Also interested in how to get to La Porte in March. When I spoke with Enterprise, they said they were closed at that office on Sat./Sun.. That poses a problem for drop off and pick up.

Did you talk to the La Porte (actually I don't think it is in La Porte exactly) office? They surely wouldn't be closed on weekends as this is where they make buku bucks!!! I wish I still had the number, if I can find our paper work I will let you know.

NMNIta

• 2 weeks later...

I'm resurrecting this thread, as we will be going on the Sea on May 7. NMNita -- did you ever find your phone #? Also, I'd like more information from anyone who has rented a car. We will probably be flying in the night before. Were you able to pick the car up at the airport and return it to the LaPorte office? How about the return trip? Was the LaPorte office close on Saturdays? Inquiring minds want to know...

The NCL transportation from the airport is $40 pp -- with 4 of us going, I'd rather find something cheaper. Also, if we fly in the night before, then we need to get back to the airport from the hotel. The car rental just seems like a much easier way to go, as well as cheaper.

I just made reservations for a car.....

From George Bush Intercontinental Airport, a mid-sized car runs $69/day plus tax. You may return this car at the Enterprise branch in Seabrook and they will shuttle you over to the cruise terminal. Airport Enterprise 281-230-8200.

From the Cruise Terminal, you can get a car right at the dock. A mid-sized car runs $65/per day + tax (no drop-off fees). That telephone number is 281-474-4466. Hope this helps and and hope to see some of you on April 2!!

40 bucks a head is what NCL wants to take a bus. We have 4 people and we booked a limo for 125.00. The Limo will pick us up at our hotel (We arrive one day early) and take us to the dock, then they will meet us after the cruise and take us to the airport for another 125. It is 35 dollars less than the bus and a whole lot classier way to travel..:)

I have the same question. We (2 adults and 4 teens) are on the Sea 4/2 and flying into Hobby the afternoon before. I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel/motel with a free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise port. Anyone know if that exists? Then a ride from cruise terminal back to Hobby for afternoon flight. Is there a bus other than NCL? Or will I need to rent a van at cruise terminal to drive to airport? Also does anyone know the distance from Hobby to cruise terminal? All info greatly appreciated.

I have the same question. We (2 adults and 4 teens) are on the Sea 4/2 and flying into Hobby the afternoon before. I'm looking for an inexpensive hotel/motel with a free shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise port. Anyone know if that exists? Then a ride from cruise terminal back to Hobby for afternoon flight. Is there a bus other than NCL? Or will I need to rent a van at cruise terminal to drive to airport? Also does anyone know the distance from Hobby to cruise terminal? All info greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Hobby for $45 Entertainment book rate. We used "Harry Keep the Change" taxi service to get to the port. Its about $45 for any taxi (set rate) and Harry has a minivan which would fit all of you without problem. We had 11 people and Harry was able to provide 2 minivans which held us and all of our luggage. I don't have his number any more but he has a website so you could do a search to find him.

Thanks for the tip. I called Harry and he quoted $45.00 (not per person) for fare from Hobby to Port of Houston either way. He is working on Port of Galveston but at this time His company is not available to that port. He also said that is the published rate for any cab company. So good to know. I'm sure we'll use him to get from end of cruise back to airport. Next I will check on the best rate I can get for a van to rent to go from airport, stay at hotel and leave at or near (with shuttle) Port of Houston for before our cruise on the Sea.

We will be on the Sea March 12th, 2 adults and 2 teens and booked through Enterprise Rental. Book the car from the Bush International Airport to be dropped off at Enterprise in Seabrooke. Use the 1-800 # for this. The rate for a full size car was 16.50 + taxes. Then you call the Enterprise Rental in Seabrooke directly and book the car from the cruise ship to be dropped off at the Airport. The rate was a little higher plus an extra $7.00 to have the car waiting for you at the ship. I think the price with tax came to approx. $35.00. This is way cheaper than taxi service and you have a vehicle a your convenience.

Wow Thunder-Lin you got a great deal. Enterprise is all over with their prices! We booked last week with them & got $49.50 each way. I wonder why it's so different. I think I called the airport office directly. Maybe I should try the 800#. Anyone else change bookings like this?

There is no such animal out there. The terminals are so far from the airports it would cost the hotels a fortune to provide free transportation.I would rent a van. Locting the local Seabrook phone number for enterprise is the secret. I guess some are getting good quotes via the 800 numbers. We used the local, but I can't find it for the life of me. As to where to stay, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Hobby airport. The rate was about $55 per night with a pretty decent breakfast and coffee, tea and cooking all day. NMNita

we are staying at the marriott by the airport, they'll pick us up for free then we got a limo for $80 for TEN pepole to the terminal. I'm looking for the limo info

THey are called Extreme Ellegence (866)799-5466, they'll even keep our car seats for us while on the cruise ship and bring them back when they pick us up.

I agree with babsmv. Enterprise is all over the place with prices (though it seems still the best option). The Seabrook office quoted me ~ $50 each way but when I said I could get ~$17 from IAH he said go for it. Problem is... internet won't let me enter a 1 way trip. ~$50 from Seabrook (that's with $15 at port charge) to Hobby. Still haven't booked hotel in La Porte, looking into Comfort Suites. Excited about trip 3/19.

We just got back on 1/22 from a cruise on the Sea. We flew into IAH and rented a car from enterprise at $13 before tax. It was about $23 after tax. We did drop off the car in Seaport the next day and they shuttled us to the ship. It really went very smoothly. We stayed at Baymont Inn near the airport. I found a great rate online and then called the hotel directly to see if they would match it and they did! Any other questions, ask away.

The direct number to the Enterprise Rental Car in Seabrook is 281-474-4466.

Using Enterprises 1-800 number, I reserved a van from IAH, dropping off in Seabrook for $49.99. With taxes and fees, it came to $69.00 total.

For the return, I'm paying $63.90 for a minivan, plus $15 to have it waiting at the ship for us when we get off.

I called Seabrook Enterprise directly and they wanted over $90 each way for a minivan. I definitly did better with the 1-800 number.

We are a party of five. A cab or using NCL's bus would have cost us over $200 from IAH. Using Enterprise, we are paying about $148 for round-trip transporation and have the benefit of our own vehicle.

If you don't need a van, and can get away with renting a small car, you can do it far cheaper.

The direct number to the Enterprise Rental Car in Seabrook is 281-474-4466.

Using Enterprises 1-800 number, I reserved a van from IAH, dropping off in Seabrook for $49.99. With taxes and fees, it came to $69.00 total.

For the return, I'm paying $63.90 for a minivan, plus $15 to have it waiting at the ship for us when we get off.

I called Seabrook Enterprise directly and they wanted over $90 each way for a minivan. I definitly did better with the 1-800 number.

We are a party of five. A cab or using NCL's bus would have cost us over $200 from IAH. Using Enterprise, we are paying about $148 for round-trip transporation and have the benefit of our own vehicle.

If you don't need a van, and can get away with renting a small car, you can do it far cheaper.

Susan, I think it's amazing the difference prices we all seem to be getting and the differenct information. Whichever works for everyone, that's the way to go. I suggest we all check for ways and as you said, no matter it's a whole lot cheaper than the NCL bus plus for those who arrive a day early you have transportation. We used ours like crazy. First it was very cold in Houston so I had to buy another pair of warn pants. By having the van we were able to find a Ross's, then when it was time for dinner we could get in the Van and look for someplace not necessarily right in the hotel area which we did, we located a very good Chinese buffet as Chinese or any buffet goes anyway. NMnita

We just called the 800 # for Enterprise & received the same prices as Asrey04. We will pick it up at Bush Intl. Airport & drop it off at Seabrook for $24. Then on the return we will pick it up at Seabrook & drop it off the next day at Bush Intl. for $36.50. Much better deal than the $49.50 each way we received from the Airport office directly. Thanks for the posts!!

Barb

We are on the SEA on the 4/23/05 - 4/30/05 sailing. On our return trip, our plane doesn't leave until 5:30, so we want to rent a car to tour around Houston for the day. Looking on their website, I called Seabrook direct and was quoted $50 + taxes to have a mid-sized car waiting at the dock and return to Hobby. After reading these posts, I think I'll call the 800# and see what they quote me. :p I'll come back and let you know!

Kathie

Archived