Carnival-are ANY drinks free?

mr&mrs big dog

I have always had cappuccino after dinner and the last Princess cruise in November they told us they have started charging for it so they may be on all the ships now, hope not though!!!:D :eek:

Princess? All I know for sure is as recently as November, Carnival didn't charge for either espresso or cappuccino on Holiday or Sensation.

• 3 weeks later...
When I mentioned this to my waiter he just laughed and told me there was no such policy and charged me for it. Kids aged 10 and 6. :mad:

Straight from the Carnival website, check out the final line.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

What is the Fountain Fun Card?spacer.gifWe will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). The "Fountain Fun Card" can be purchased at any bar on board the ship. In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cost for guests under 18 = $4 per day

Cost for guests over 18 = $5.50 per day

Free soft drinks in the dining room for children under the age of 12 is still in effect whether they have purchased a "Fountain Fun Card" or not.

Straight from the Carnival website, check out the final line.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

What is the Fountain Fun Card?spacer.gifWe will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). The "Fountain Fun Card" can be purchased at any bar on board the ship. In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cost for guests under 18 = $4 per day

Cost for guests over 18 = $5.50 per day

Free soft drinks in the dining room for children under the age of 12 is still in effect whether they have purchased a "Fountain Fun Card" or not.

Yes, I knew all about this and read it before I left on my cruise. I just didn't realize that I should have printed it out and carry it with me to the dining room every night. :rolleyes:

Yes, I knew all about this and read it before I left on my cruise. I just didn't realize that I should have printed it out and carry it with me to the dining room every night. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. Im sure if you went to the Maitre D' or to the pursers desk they would have removed the charges and informed the waiter of the policy.

I know what you mean. Im sure if you went to the Maitre D' or to the pursers desk they would have removed the charges and informed the waiter of the policy.

Went to the purser's desk and was not going to wait in the line. Never thought about the Maitre D'.

The "fancy coffee" still just comes from a machine that automatically makes it -- push a button and presto, there's your espresso or cappuccino 10 seconds later (i.e. no big deal to produce it like what you'd get from Starbucks or from the cafe on most ships). I'm not even sure if the machine is even using ground coffee.

Still, it's much better than the "brewed" coffee that they offer for free elsewhere on the ship, which I understand is made from a liquid coffee concentrate (sounds like instant coffee to me -- and it tastes like it).

Since I'm not a coffe drinker, do they allow adults a free diet Coke w/dinner? Certainly less trouble & less costly than fancy coffees! :)

We had free drinks at the Captain's Cocktail Party (and they flowed continuously).

We had free cappucino after every dinner in the Normandie Restaurant (it states it quite clearly on the dinner menu that it is available).

Hot chocolate, lemonade, fruit punch, and non-bottled water was always available on the Lido Deck. We would fill up our empty bottles with the water from the Lido Deck - cool it off in our fridge and then take it with us on the Shore Excursions. We would whisk off to the gangway with our cold, pure, water - passing others who stopped to purchase the bottled water at $3.50 each that Carnival was offering.

Heather

We would fill up our empty bottles with the water from the Lido Deck - cool it off in our fridge and then take it with us on the Shore Excursions. We would whisk off to the gangway with our cold, pure, water - passing others who stopped to purchase the bottled water at $3.50 each that Carnival was offering.

ditto...... free water..... :)

Did you buy the premade mixer and put it in a plastic jug?? Just trying to figure out what I want to take. I have been given some drink coupons for B-day but I'm sure they won't go far enough. Do you take the mix to the pool w/you??

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Do they serve Chocolate Milk for Big Kids like the Speedo Man?

Yes, Yes, Yes & it's FREE. I had it served in the dining room, at breakfast in a glass & picked it up in the cardboard containers at the buffet line in Tiffany's on the Elation.

Delicious! (I'm not a kid either and I LOVE chocolate milk!)

• 2 months later...
We are usually at the pool in the early AM then go to lunch in the dining room and then we attend the wine and cheese party. All you do is place your order for either $2.95 per glass or buy 2 @ 2.95 and get one free. They bring the wine any combination of white, red , blush and a small plate of cheese and a few fruits. It doesn't take long to consume. There is usually a musical trio playing too. It is very relaxing but it is very short. Then you can go back to what you were doing.

Archived