Carnival-are ANY drinks free?

mr&mrs big dog

All the following is provided complimentary on the Lido Deck from dispensers: (Most are also available through room service at no charge, but please tip the delivery person $1 or $2.)

Coffee, decaf coffee, hot tea, iced tea, fruit punch, apple juice, orange juice, lemonade, water, hot chocolate, milk.

Don't you get free drinks there as well? I think I remembered that from our last cruise-not that they were that good, but they were free!

You are correct! Also the Repeaters Party gets you the free drinks if you've cruised Carnival in the past.

Don't you get free drinks there as well? I think I remembered that from our last cruise-not that they were that good, but they were free!

You can order whatever you drink you want, you don't have to have just what they bring around on trays... although the blue drinks are yummy, actually most of them will do in a pinch. Our pool waiter was at our Captains party on our first cruise... he brought us two trays of drinks, so we would not have to wait for him to come back, LOL... you can drink ALOT of drinks in an hour! I think on the S&S cruise, there were many of us walking around with 4 drinks at a time... got to make the most of free drinks :D

Thanks to all who replied. Thought I was going to have to bring my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea pot on board with me along with a bag of Splenda. Now we can pack more goodies!!!!!!

There is even packets of Splenda on the ship :)

Have a wonderful cruise

Yep the Captain's reception before the first formal night. Our first cruise too we got a free glass of champagne when we had our "champagne portrait" made. I regretted drinking that though-the only time I have gotten sea sick. I learned them if the ship is rolling and you can feel it-NO ALOCHOL.

You also get free drinks if you get to go to the past Carnival guests reception the second formal night.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on several Carnival cruises and never knew about the free espresso and cappuchino. I'm so happy!!!! I always need an extra boost after dinner to keep me awake for the shows. A double espresso will definitely help!

Nik, several have said they were charged for both espresso and cappuccino in the dining room on other ships; however, on the Holiday and Sensation, there was no charge - on any of my most recent five cruises. After dinner, when the waiter asks if you'd like coffee, just tell him your preference.:)

No, you would have to pay for the coke. Only kids under 12 get a free coke.

I went on the Victory and the Triumph, at dinner they asked my kids for their soda cards. Are you sure they get free soda with dinner? This would be a good way to avoid the soda card altogether, I can tell the kids "you only get a soda at dinner".

Michelle

Valor 6/12/05

emarismom....my kids got free soda in the dining rooms. I think this might be something they've implemented in the last year or two? They have to be under 12, though, I think. I noticed this policy on their website before our last cruise when they were advertising their "new" kids features.

Just off the Glory yesterday.... and snowed in already.

Here's what we did to defray drink costs.

we packed a soft bag in our luggage, and arrived a day early. Went

to the grocery store, bought a 12 pack of diet coke, juice boxes for

our 5 year old (for in the cabin and on shore), a plastic jug of

rum, and a plastic jug of mudslide mix, and more juice boxes of

fruit punch to mix with the rum.

I rearranged the luggage a bit and everything made it on board with

no problem.

We also bought a small soft cooler and so kept the cokes and juice

cold, and had ice to put into the 32oz plastic sport bottles we brought.

So my wife had her diet coke, and I had rum & fruit punch, and we

both had mudslides on the rocks all week. We bought a few other

drinks but saved perhaps $200 on drinks this way.

Archived