Riveria

rick_1955

Any one had a cabin on the Riveria? Any comments on its comfort or motion? I know its low but thats what out TA gave us with no upgrade possibility. At least it was economical.:D

we always book on the Riviera deck.... the rooms are the exact same(except for balcony rooms). we have been upgraded many times and to us, the farther up in the ship, the more noticeable the motion is... as far as comfort, the beds are the most comfortable of any of the cruise lines we have been on... bon voyage!!

We been on the Riviera deck almost everytime we have sailed and had no problems. When you are on the ship you really can't tell which deck you are on. One time we were at the very back of the ship and felt quite a bit more motion but it wasn't too bad. We like it there just fine and we feel like we have to have an OV cabin. As you say it is more economical.

Any one had a cabin on the Riveria? Any comments on its comfort or motion? I know its low but thats what out TA gave us with no upgrade possibility. At least it was economical.:D

What ship are you on? We were on the Rivera deck on our first cruise and I have to say I honestly will never be that far down again. You can get an upgrade, but of course you have to pay for it unless the ship is already full.

When we were on the Splendor last year our friends were on the Rivera and they said it was very noisy when the ship docked. Other than that, they said it was OK.

I was on deck 2 of RCI Vision of the seas twice it is the equivalent of the Riveria deck. I was mid ship inside cabin, I felt very little motion in teh ship even on days when the seas was rough. As for comfort it was a room to sleep in, the same as when I was on the Paradise in May. The cabin on the Paradise was a basic with 2 portholes. My opion on this type of cabin I look for a place to sleep and nothing more. Others will tell you they need and want a balcany and nothing less. Well the truth is everyone is correct, if you just want a place to sleep it will work fine, if you want more of a upscale room well then I don't think it is what you are looking for.

IMHO economical is a good thing!

We were on Riviera on Elation several years ago. It was fine. I might have heard the anchors (or something) when we docked, but I tend to wake up early anyway. I don't recall what cabin we were in other than it was an inside cabin.

Personal opinion - if I can save money & cruise more, that works for me. So far I've done Upper deck on Jubilee, Riviera on Elation & Lido on Conquest & Valor. I absolutely love Lido, but again, if it makes a difference in how often I get to cruise, I'll take the less expensive cabin.

wow, thanks for all the replys!!! Looks like i spiked a thread with some interest. BTW i am on the Valor at the back with interconnecting cabins and ocean view. I have had a balcony and inside. i look forward to the daylight and the possible views.

Sensation - We were on the Riveria Deck

Imagination - We were on the Riveria Deck

Valor - We are on the Riveria Deck

Upcoming Freedom - We will be on the Riveria Deck

Very comfortable. Very little motion. Sometimes hear the ship docking. Enjoyed each and every trip.

The Riviera deck is great if you get motion sick. There is less rocking than the upper decks.

If the seas are a little rough, you might see the sprays from the ship or the ocean swells come up to the window.

As far as hearing noise, I was just on deck 7 aft of the Paradise, and heard the motors and the ropes as we were docking early in the morning. Another time I was on the Paradise on the Riviera deck aft and didn't hear any noise. Same Itinerary. Go figure.

Have been on Rivieira on Glory and Legend. DD has motion issues. And it's easier when getting back on the ship. 1 flight of stairs and you're there. No elevators to wait for.If you do have problems with motion, midship and low is the way to go.

Archived