OCEANIA Cabin noise by elevators on Deck 7

cruiseseattle

We stayed right by the forward elevators on deck 6 on our first Oceania cruise last September, and we never heard a sound. In fact, one day when I returned to our cabin, there was a guest standing right outside our door talking on his cell phone. Once I entered the cabin, I could not hear him at all.

We were in cabin 7030 on the Nautica, right across from the elevator and were never bothered by noise. We found that to be a very convenient cabin location. We were also not far from the laundry room but on the other side of the ship so not close enough for noise. I wouldn't worry about noise. It's not like being on a big party ship with late night party people.

Staying in a cabin opposite the elevator entrance on Deck 7 (A2 cabin). Has anyone had an experience regarding noise encountered from guests gathering by the elevator?

The elevators are in an enclosed vestibule - access from the hallways. Any "gathering", as you put it, would be inside this elevator lobby.

As so many previous posts on this same subject have stated, the soundproofing on "O"s ships is excellent and one rarely hears anything from passersby in the halls.

The elevators are in an enclosed vestibule

It's stretching to call that an enclosed vestibule, Rickey

There are fire doors between the hallways and the elevator lobbies, but they are always open. I've only ever seen those doors closed when the ship is being cleaned, like on embarcation day

**Note** on the very first day of a cruise, before the ship sails, passengers cannot take posession of their staterooms until housekeeping has finished cleaning them and the supervisors certify that they are up to snuff. The fire doors are closed to keep passengers out until the staterooms are released.

In the meantime, embarking passengers generally have a buffet lunch on the lido, tour the public rooms and make thier specialty restaurant reservations. An announcement is made as each group of cabins is opened up.

We were on Deck 7 next to the elevator lobby on our first Oceania Cruise.

We DID hear noise from the elevator lobby in our cabin ONE time. It was so unusual that we opened our cabin door to see what was going on - we figured we had missed an alarm or something.

Turns out, a rather large group was using the elevator lobby to meet prior to going to a cocktail party in Horizons. (The group must have had forty people in it!)

I too am shocked by the really poor customer service from Oceania.

We have had our papers lost and no one will return phone calls.

After many sailings on other lines; I'm actually afraid of what the cruise in October may be like.:mad:

After many sailings on other lines; I'm actually afraid of what the cruise in October may be like.:mad:

:confused::confused:

What papers? Do you have a travel agent?

What has that to do with noise by the elevators??? :eek:

Archived