Diamond discounts

batoryfirst

We're Diamond and on a 4-night Enchantment this month. If I upgrade us to a JS, are we eligible for a Diamond discount and what would the discount be? Wouldn't we also get 2 credits?

I think I can get a quicker answer on here than I can RCI. They must really be busy. I was on hold for so long, that I finally gave up and came here.

We're Diamond and on a 4-night Enchantment this month. If I upgrade us to a JS, are we eligible for a Diamond discount and what would the discount be? Wouldn't we also get 2 credits?

I think I can get a quicker answer on here than I can RCI. They must really be busy. I was on hold for so long, that I finally gave up and came here.

You are only permitted to use one "discount" or "benefit" per cruise. You are eligible for the $100 diamond balcony discount, as FLCruiseGirl and seagoer55 stated, but not in combination with: shareholder OBC, C&A coupon, NextCruise booking certificate OBC, booked-onboard OBC, WOW sale OBC or Thank You or Welcome Back coupon.

You CAN choose which one (i.e., highest amount) you wish them to apply.

But you can only have ONE.

:(

I could be wrong... but I beleive you only get one C&A credit when you sail in a JR Suite... I think you have to be in a full suite to receive 2 credits....

As of January 1, 2004, booking a JS cabin or higher earns you an additional cruise credit.

You need to be in a full suite to be eligible to enjoy the Concierge Lounge on those ships that have one.

I could be wrong... but I beleive you only get one C&A credit when you sail in a JR Suite... I think you have to be in a full suite to receive 2 credits....

Sorry, you are wrong. You do get an extra credit for sailing in a JS on any cruise. ;)

12 nights or longer in a JS gets you 3 credits. :D

You are wrong. ;)

As of January 1, 2004, booking a JS cabin or higher earns you an additional cruise credit.

You need to be in a full suite to be eligible to enjoy the Concierge Lounge on those ships that have one.

You are right. :)

Sorry, you are wrong. You do get an extra credit for sailing in a JS on any cruise. ;)

12 nights or longer in a JS gets you 3 credits. :D

You are right. :D

You would be eligible for the balcony discount as long as you don't have OBC for booking while onboard a previous cruise or WOW sale. You can no longer combine the two. You'd have to pick which you would like to have.

WHAT??? this is a new one on me. I am on the LOS in Nov. I received my $200 balcony credit for being diamond. I also booked on board last year, so I have a $100 credit coming to me. Are you saying I won't get the $100 credit??? I know I can't use a coupon, but my credit for booking on board last year????? That can't be right??? Is it???

Irene

WHAT??? this is a new one on me. I am on the LOS in Nov. I received my $200 balcony credit for being diamond. I also booked on board last year, so I have a $100 credit coming to me. Are you saying I won't get the $100 credit??? I know I can't use a coupon, but my credit for booking on board last year????? That can't be right??? Is it???

Irene

If you booked before Jan 1, 2009, you get to use the old rules, which allowed combinations of benefits. Enjoy!

Irene

Because you booked onboard LAST YEAR, you will get both or all depending on how you look at it. The non-combinability started 01/01/09. :(:)

We booked 12/08 for a 12/09 sailing, however, we will be switiching ships that same week. Does this mean we will lose our OBC? The original booking was back in Dec. '08. I'm finding RCCL has so many special offers during the year, why bother to book while on board, giving them your $500.00 to use for 12 months?

Mary

We booked 12/08 for a 12/09 sailing, however, we will be switiching ships that same week. Does this mean we will lose our OBC? The original booking was back in Dec. '08. I'm finding RCCL has so many special offers during the year, why bother to book while on board, giving them your $500.00 to use for 12 months?

Mary

You shouldn't...not if you keep the same booking number. :)

Mary

We were able to transfer an OBC when we had to cancel a cruise. We did keep our original booking number when changing to the new date. The key was keeping the original booking number inorder to keep the credit. If we cancelled the first cruise and then booked another we would have lost the OBC. This was before Jan 09 so not sure if things have changed.

We won't be booking onboard anymore unless it is for a cabin without a balcony. Since they only allow one credit now I will use my stockholder benefit when booking an inside cabin. I am addicted to balconies so guess I will have to use my C & A discount.

Archived