Do we need an alarm clock?

naylenk

Hello everyone

We are in San Juan and we leave TODAY on the AOS. I just remembered that we forgot to pack an alarm clock. Does RC have alarm clocks to borrow or should we run to Walgreen's to see if they have alarm clocks?

You can get a wake up call, but I always take small and very inexpensive digital clock - one with large lighted numbers, so I can see the time in the cabin, and as a back up.

The telephone system on Explorer and Mariner offers a wake up service. It is completely automated. You just punch in the time that you want to get up and your telephone will ring. It has always worked well for me. Since they are sisters of Adventure I would think that she would have the same type of system.

After our last cruise, I was pulled aside on arriving at Miami Airport and my bags were thoroughly searched and swabbed with those incindiary device detection sets. They couldn't seem to find what there were looking for, and even ran my bag back through the scanner to try to locate whatever it is they were looking for. In the end, it was the stupid alarm clock!

I think I'll rely on the alarm clock capabilities of my cell phone! It's far more reliable than the alarm clock, far louder, and apparently far more recognizeable by security.

All wakeups are fully automated on Rccl ships. Just dial the computer, enter your time, and that is it. No need for clocks or the pursers desk. Also, if you order breakfast and hang the order card out on the door handle they call you in the am to tell you it is on the way.

After our last cruise, I was pulled aside on arriving at Miami Airport and my bags were thoroughly searched and swabbed with those incindiary device detection sets. They couldn't seem to find what there were looking for, and even ran my bag back through the scanner to try to locate whatever it is they were looking for. In the end, it was the stupid alarm clock!

I think I'll rely on the alarm clock capabilities of my cell phone! It's far more reliable than the alarm clock, far louder, and apparently far more recognizeable by security.

HA! Dorks.:rolleyes:

I don't remember there being any automated system for setting up wake-up calls in our cabin aboard Majesty of the Seas. Is this only on the newer ships? or the nicer cabins?

We just got off the Vision and were in the cheap seats (deck 2 inside) and there was a automated system for wake up calls

I don't remember there being any automated system for setting up wake-up calls in our cabin aboard Majesty of the Seas. Is this only on the newer ships? or the nicer cabins?

Did you check out the various buttons on the phone? There should have been one labeled wake up call or some such thing. You push it and then punch in the time. The system is not limited to certain cabins. The entire ship is tied into the same phone system.

There should have been one labeled wake up call or some such thing.
Hmmm... we must have missed it.

The last thing I want to do on a ship is sleep one more minute than I need to in order to remain functional.

I dunno... I can imagine doing our excursion in the morning, coming back to the ship for lunch, a shower, and then a nice nap on the balcony. :)

A nap on the balcony is perfectly acceptable. :) Going to bed and missing those early morning hours on the ship... nope. That is some of my favorite time of the week. You see the same group of people every morning grabbing their coffee and then going for a walk. Some of the most peaceful times in my life have been early morning hours on a ship.

I'm really looking forward to a better cruise this time around. My wife attributes my lack of enthusiasm for our previous cruise to my broken toe, the abomitable weather, and the fact that I was actually getting sick at the time. Your description of what the morning could be like inspires me to hope for something better. Coming to think of it, the morning was the best time of the day aboard the Shehrayar. The beauty of whatever we were floating by and the relative calm of the top deck was a perfect backdrop for my morning yoga (to cleanse the soul) and my morning coffee (to pollute it). :D

Click on my user name, and choose "Visit bicker's homepage" -- then click on Off We Go To Egypt. We both kept a full journal (I think it ended up 23 pages long), and filtered the journal entries in with the 600 photos on the web site.

Archived