How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

My question about luggage tags - if you do not book your air flight through RCCL, do you still get luggage tags? Also, if you are flying into your destination a day before your cruise, you take care of you own luggage, correct?

Also, don't put the cruise luggage tags on your bags until you have completed your flight.....

Lynda

Joan, I can't do a screen shot but I copied and pasted this, scroll all the way down to see what I'm talking about.....you can still request the luggage tags if you are within the time frame even after you've checked in on-line. It's right there on page one of the on-line check in where you have the names of the people that are travelling and the boxes that tell you what to do.

Online Check-In

Guest Status

Language Preference: Select a language English Spanish French German Italian Portuguese

Completing Online Check-In for all the guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier and must be completed 3 days prior to your sail date. When you arrive at the pier, you will need a printed copy of your SetSail Pass and identification documents for each guest. All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board and begin your adventure.

Please have identification documentation available for all the guests you wish to check in now. Note: You will need to complete all steps in the Online Check-In process in order to access the SetSail Pass.

Travel with minors on a different reservation?

If you require assistance with the Online Check-In process or your SetSail Pass, please call (800) 398-9819 or click here for our Contact Us information.

Guest Names

Information

What is this

Onboard

Expense

Account

What is this

Cruise

Ticket

Contract

What is this

SetSail

Pass

What is this

Lynda Completed

(Edit) Completed

(Edit) Completed

(Edit)

Lynda

LUGGAGE TAGS

Royal Caribbean's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each luggage tag mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment.

I don't have anything on my "online check-in" for luggage tags either. I did a search on RCI and found something to the effect "if you are eligible to print luggage tags".

I use an online agent who always sends E-docs so I am presuming that is why I cannot request luggage tags. I'll check it out on my next online check-in as I have used a different TA.

You may want to double check if you have ordered the tags to be sent to you.

I requested mine yesterday, but just now, when I went on my reservation page, I saw the following message:

s.gif

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits.

You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

And I was all excited about nothing!!!:(

so...if it turns out that I cannot access this service, because I used a TA other than Royal Caribbean, how do I print my own luggage tags? Is the thing that is at the end of the SetSail Pass the luggage tag? I am new to Royal Caribbean. I'm use to Carnival where they specifically tell you what to print for the luggage tags. I don't mind printing and laminating myself, I just want to make sure I am using the right thing. All I have found so far on the Royal Caribbean website is something that says that you must have your luggage marked with your room info.

Here are screen shots of what some of us are seeing.

Maybe you have to be more than 13 days but less than 40 days? Something like that, because it just showed up for me about the 40 day out mark.

HTH :)

BTW- I did E-docs for this reservation.

luggage1.jpg.a8065bc7d3c6a5c8175b31046f38a3b9.jpg

luggage.jpg.e1518ac40ed5562c85623b14d9067259.jpg

so...if it turns out that I cannot access this service, because I used a TA other than Royal Caribbean, how do I print my own luggage tags? Is the thing that is at the end of the SetSail Pass the luggage tag? I am new to Royal Caribbean. I'm use to Carnival where they specifically tell you what to print for the luggage tags. I don't mind printing and laminating myself, I just want to make sure I am using the right thing. All I have found so far on the Royal Caribbean website is something that says that you must have your luggage marked with your room info.

I used a TA as well. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I found the Luggage Tag button on my reservation, and clicked on it. This was yesterday.

Today, I had the message I posted earlier about them being no longer available to be mailed out.

So, I printed up my Sea Pass, and yes, the little "thing" at the end of the Sea Pass, the one with your ship and stateroom number, is your luggage tag.

Good thing I didn't return my sticker paper......

Me76...

Thanks for those screen shots. I definitely do not see the same thing on mine. Maybe there is a time frame when you can do it.

ASeaPrincess1...

or...maybe they got overwhelmed, and quit offering it, like your experience implies.

I will keep watching, since we don't leave for 2 months. If it doesn't work, I will print my own and/or use the ones that the porters have.

Thanks everyone!

Maureen

I just looked again and the Luggage Tag request was still there on the Check In site for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise...........ordered ours earlier today and received an immediate confirmation that they will be sent within several business days.........will see how long it takes.

I just looked again and the Luggage Tag request was still there on the Check In site for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise...........ordered ours earlier today and received an immediate confirmation that they will be sent within several business days.........will see how long it takes.

I had the same initial message.

I would check back tomorrow to make sure you don't get the "unavailable" message........

Just to be on the safe side............;)

If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.

Lynda

thanks for the interesting news-however i just checked and this option was not available to me.

Dean

I had the same initial message.

I would check back tomorrow to make sure you don't get the "unavailable" message........

Just to be on the safe side............;)

Just checked the Booking Dashboard and went to Check-In for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise and the order Luggage Tags box was still there so we're quite confident that our request did go thru yesterday for tags.....will let you know how long it takes in real time :eek: to receive them

Contact your TA and ask him/her to print out your luggage tags- all TA's can print out both edocs and luggage tags for their clients for RCI and X- If he says he can't- tell him to order the luggage tag stock through cruisingpower- he should have the stock within a week or so

I've checked in online, provided all the documentation info, printed a SeaPass and still don't see the option to get the luggage tags. I had originally requested paper docs because I wanted the luggage tags. When I read this thread, I went in and changed to e-docs, thinking I'd see the luggage tag option. Nope. Plus that wiped out all our passport info, so I have to re-enter that. And I still don't see the button. (Our cruise is 11/29.)

Just checked the Booking Dashboard and went to Check-In for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise and the order Luggage Tags box was still there so we're quite confident that our request did go thru yesterday for tags.....will let you know how long it takes in real time :eek: to receive them

Same here....requested them and still see the option to request again. No message that they are not available. I'll post back when I actually receive them.

BTW..I used a TA and still have access to the tags. I'm sailing in 32 days. :)

Maybe the "unavailability" is only on Mariner.:confused: For my sailing, for me only.....:(

At any rate, I have been printing out my own tags.....sigh

For those of you who can't find the box, I found it on the Cruise Documentation tab when I logged on to my reservation.

Good luck to everyone else. I still have the unavailable message..........

Archived