How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

I HAD that option on my reservation, however, after ordering my tags, the next day I found this message:

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits.

You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

So, it seems that my sailing is overloaded, while others are not...:(

I understand that is the message you got, but if it were me, I'd call C&A anyway...can't see having a "quota limit" on luggage tags...maybe an error? Can't hurt to ask, right? :)

I posted on another thread:

Click on your reservation

Click on the tab "Cruise Documentation"

There is a button to click on the right side of the screen to request luggage tags.

I did this on Monday or Tuesday (Sept 21-22) and got them on Friday 09/25.

My cruise is at the end of October.

There was a reply:

I followed your instructions and got the following under Cruise Documentation. Yes, we are booked through a TA.

s.gif

cc_GuestVacationDocumentats_hdr.gifs.gif

These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details

So, if you booked through RCCL you should be able to do it.

I am booked with a TA and I was able to request luggage tags on the website. I printed Edocs. If your docs are being mailed to you, perhaps they would not send additional luggage tags? Just a thought.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but it doesn't matter anyway.

I already made my own.......

I have to say, I made my own as well before finding this thread. However, the example luggage tag in my Edocs was very, very different than the ones I requested and received in the mail. They were not the same color, even the "quadrant" was not the same. Edocs said A FWD ...tags said C FWD. There is also a bar code on the mailed tags that is not there on my homemade ones.

I realized that I had requested paper docs because I wanted the luggage tags. Maybe that's why I don't have a little box for luggage tags? Makes sense.

So I went in, changed to e-docs - but still no box. (cruise is 11/29) So I switched back to paper docs just in case it never shows up. I'll keep looking - by the way, when I switched back again to paper docs, Ihad to re-enter our passport info. It got wiped out. Huh.:confused:

Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

I just spoke with C&A this week and soon there will be no mailed documents.

So, nice we can get the tags mailed if needed.

Mine is 11/19, so I'll let you know if/when it becomes available for me...

Maureen

I sail on 11/15 and for awhile, I didn't see the option for luggage tags....and then, one day earlier this week, I logged in and there it was! I ordered them and got a successful message. :D

I sail on 11/15 and for awhile, I didn't see the option for luggage tags....and then, one day earlier this week, I logged in and there it was! I ordered them and got a successful message. :D

Now that is the answer I've been looking for.

Thank you

Al

Where exactly should I be looking on the RCCL site???

I sail in 3 days and have yet to receive any baggage tags.

We booked a guaranty room and was assigned a cabin - via the website.

Maybe they don't want to send them so that they can re-assign us. Who knows why we didn't get the baggage tags. I applied for luggage tags maybe 3 (or more) weeks ago after reading this thread.

If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.

Lynda

YES you can order luggage tags............

We had to change sailing dates with only one month to the new sailing. I was told to get our luggage tags at pier, WRONG.... When you go into you resv. there is a box to check which orders luggage tags for you.

We got our tags yesterday and sail in 2 weeks. It only took a week to get them, thank you RCI.

I just checked for our sailing on 10/15 on Explorer. I had already checked in online but after seeing this thread I went in and checked. Sure enough, under "Guest Names" and columns 1,2,3 & 4 there is a section named "Luggage Tags". I checked the box and received a message saying they would be mailed out to us.

Thanks to the OP for notifying us!

And by the way we did receive our docs electronically...

UPDATE - we received our luggage tags yesterday! 4 for each of us. It worked :D

Thanks for the heads-up, Garren. We've done the on-line check-in every time, and never saw the checkbox - probably because we always check in as early as possible (it makes the sail date approach faster, right?). I found it under "check-in".

MIL got luggage tags today. I was mad that we didn't get ours. But, they were in the envelope with hers!!!

Is there anything that can be done to speed up time?

Were your luggage tags different size that before? We got our tags few days ago and they are smaller than before.

Mari, yes they are smaller than the one's we've had in the past. I also noticed that they had our Diamond status on there....don't remember them doing that before either.

Lynda

Our next cruise is Nov 21st, and I saw the Luggage Tag box for the first time today.

Me too...I think that they are available to request when documents are ready.....i got the e-Doc email, and when i went to the RCCL site i saw the link, so i clicked away! yipppee!!

Archived