How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

This is our first cruise with RCI.

No luggage tag box on my check-in either.

First page of the "On-line check in" is where I found it

So...that itty bitty little tag with the cabin # on it (on the last page of the SetSail Pass) is the luggage tag? Just checking..............

Unfortunately yes if you can't see the box on the first page of "On_line check in"

I guess I'm missing the big picture!! The tags arrive with your ticket media in the mail right???

Dean:eek::eek:

Yep, if you are going to get your docs in the mail you'll get the "real" luggage tags

I just checked for our sailing on 10/15 on Explorer. I had already checked in online but after seeing this thread I went in and checked. Sure enough, under "Guest Names" and columns 1,2,3 & 4 there is a section named "Luggage Tags". I checked the box and received a message saying they would be mailed out to us.

Thanks to the OP for notifying us!

And by the way we did receive our docs electronically...

I am cruising on FOS 11/8/09 and do not see where i can check any box for mailed tags. Am i looking in the wrong spot?

Sorry I tried to include your quote in my response...see above post. It is only on the FIRST page of the on-line check in, bottom right corner...not all that easy to see if you don't know it's there.

Lynda

Thanks for posting this - besides, if someone has seen a thread like this before, they can just bypass it so that way those of us who haven't been active on this site for months before have a chance to benefit from the current knowledge and efforts of other CCers. I appreciated the posting because this luggage tag situation occurred to me a few days ago when day-dreaming about vacation... ahh, I can't wait!!! The luggage tag option didn't pop up on my Check-in thingy until recently either, I guess it's something new, or something they do once you get closer? Who knows... much appreciation to the OP in any case!!!

Well Cool Beans...........ordered our Luggage Tags on Sept 22nd and they came in the mail today the 25th :D....our cruise is the 17th Oct......they did a good job getting them here so quickly......

Really not sure what the magic combination is with some people being able to order them and others unable.

We too booked thru a TA but I went on-line to Check-In and found that little green box to order the Luggage Tags........All I can say is for you to keep checking the booking dashboard where you check-in and print your Sea Pass for that Luggage Tag order box.

I got my luggage tags today too. :)

Ordered via the Booking Dashboard on Royal's website on 9/22 and received them today. 4 for each of us, 2 passsengers in the room, 8 tags total. I hope we don't need THAT many! :eek: LOL Though this *is* a girls cruise. LOL

Thanks again for posting the info alwayshappytocruise! :)

Received mine today too! And my moms!

Mine say "Gold member" on the bottom and hers do not :p

Since we are Gold Members it was noted as well.

I got maroon (or purpleish-red) and my mom got green. Isn't that for when you disembark?

I think the color has something to do with the cabin category of maybe Deck or even possibly the ship quad location of the cabin.

Very pleased by the way they are supplying the tags....:D

Our sailing is 11/29 and still no option to get the luggage tags...I'll be watching here and when someone close to our sail date gets the green checkbox, maybe I'll see it, too!

Mine is 11/19, so I'll let you know if/when it becomes available for me...

Maureen

That is interesting- I just did online check in last Thursday for a cruise we just booked, and the order luggage tags was not an option. I just logged into the cruise today to check, and bingo, it's a box at the bottom.

Thanks for posting - I never would have gone back and seen it otherwise!

Garren

Thanks for the heads-up, Garren. We've done the on-line check-in every time, and never saw the checkbox - probably because we always check in as early as possible (it makes the sail date approach faster, right?). I found it under "check-in".

Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

A Travel Agent - even when e-docs are done - can print out sticker luggage tags that state your name/ship/cabin number etc...

I think the online check-in was mentioned by the original poster because it was during that process in which s/he saw the link for the tags..

I was just wondering about this subject the other day. I booked online with RCI and just did e-docs. Yesterday I received luggage tags in the mail without even requesting them. I thought perhaps it was something they did for C&A members, but guess I am wrong! Not sure how I managed to get them, but certainly not complaining either:).

We are sailing on Monarch on 10/5/09

Have you called C&A and asked them what's up? I can't see why they wouldn't throw some tags in the mail to you and perhaps a phone call would do the trick.

I HAD that option on my reservation, however, after ordering my tags, the next day I found this message:

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits.

You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

So, it seems that my sailing is overloaded, while others are not...:(

I posted on another thread:

Click on your reservation

Click on the tab "Cruise Documentation"

There is a button to click on the right side of the screen to request luggage tags.

I did this on Monday or Tuesday (Sept 21-22) and got them on Friday 09/25.

My cruise is at the end of October.

There was a reply:

I followed your instructions and got the following under Cruise Documentation. Yes, we are booked through a TA.

s.gif

cc_GuestVacationDocumentats_hdr.gifs.gif

These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details

So, if you booked through RCCL you should be able to do it.

I posted on another thread:

Click on your reservation

Click on the tab "Cruise Documentation"

There is a button to click on the right side of the screen to request luggage tags.

I did this on Monday or Tuesday (Sept 21-22) and got them on Friday 09/25.

My cruise is at the end of October.

There was a reply:

I followed your instructions and got the following under Cruise Documentation. Yes, we are booked through a TA.

s.gif

cc_GuestVacationDocumentats_hdr.gifs.gif

These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details

So, if you booked through RCCL you should be able to do it.

Post #35 has screen shots of where to request :)

Archived