How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

I was told the below:

If you get e-docs, you can request bag tags, through the online check-in or the cruise docs part of countdown to cruise. But not before your e-docs have been released.

If you get paper tickets, tags are included. You can not request from website.

Cut off is 14 days I believe. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone for the heads up - I might have noticed the luggage tag button, or I might not have noticed! At any rate, I ordered them last week and they arrived today. So instead of the Doc Dance, I guess I'm doing the Tags Tango!

• 3 years later...
I still do not have an option to order luggage tags for my December 16th cruise. Do you think its too early? I also booked through a travel agent.

This thread is from 2009 and no longer pertinant. Royal only provides luggage tags to a select few (suites and higher C&A members, I believe).

You can print out your own or get them from the porters at the dock.

Happy sailing!

I still do not have an option to order luggage tags for my December 16th cruise. Do you think its too early? I also booked through a travel agent.

Luggage tags are only mailed to those in GS or higher or Pinnacle club members. Your edocs will have a printable luggage tag towards the end or you can get them from the porters at the pier.

Thanks for your responses.... Got the tags with the edocs however the cabin number is wrong. Do I just cross it out or can I call and get new ones?

You have to contact Royal and have them re-issue your electronic documents. It's free, but apparently does not happen automatically when the stateroom changes.

Haven't had any difficulty with the home printed luggage tags, but I don't trust them much. I put two on each piece of luggage - on both the top and side handles. I use about 10 staples on each luggage tag.

I then put an itinerary in the outside pocket of the suitcase with all vital information and another inside the suitcase on top of everything.

Paranoid about lost luggage? Yep.

Haven't had any difficulty with the home printed luggage tags, but I don't trust them much. I put two on each piece of luggage - on both the top and side handles. I use about 10 staples on each luggage tag.

I then put an itinerary in the outside pocket of the suitcase with all vital information and another inside the suitcase on top of everything.

Paranoid about lost luggage? Yep.

Princess, Carnival and HAL have been using this type of luggage tags for years. They are surprisingly sturdy. I have never had a tag torn off. In fact we find them hard to pull off due to all the staples I put in.

The only problem I encountered was once when boarding on a rainy day the ink ran and it was difficult for them to read the cabin number. I solved that problem by running a strip of clear packing tape over the information before folding the paper. This keeps the info area dry and makes it sturdier. I also staple all the way across the ends of the tag to keep it on. We have always put a tag on each handle, even when using the old style luggage tags - we had a room steward tell us to do that about 25 years ago. We will be taking our 50th cruise in January and touch wood we have always received our luggage.

... its confusing that on my e-docs (and website references are also made) that you can still order the lugguage tags online... i received e-docs last week.

Fortunately, I had read on CC that the paper ones were all we were gonna get.

RCI - Please update your website/e-docs to specifically say who will get 'real' luggage tags...thanks:D

... its confusing that on my e-docs (and website references are also made) that you can still order the lugguage tags online... i received e-docs last week.

Fortunately, I had read on CC that the paper ones were all we were gonna get.

RCI - Please update your website/e-docs to specifically say who will get 'real' luggage tags...thanks:D

You may be asking too much;).

Forvige me im fairly new to RCL and have only done online check in once. Is that the part where you give your CC number for your onboard account and all of your emergency information? Or is that the part that my travel agent will do with printing some 40 pages for the cruise agreement? Just curious if i should email her and alert her that this is on the first page.

Forvige me im fairly new to RCL and have only done online check in once. Is that the part where you give your CC number for your onboard account and all of your emergency information? Or is that the part that my travel agent will do with printing some 40 pages for the cruise agreement? Just curious if i should email her and alert her that this is on the first page.

The online check-in as you said first: entering your CC number for your on board account, passport info, emergency contacts, etc.

On the Rccl website when you log into "my cruises" click on your reseravation number and go to "cruise documentation" You can log in online there for your cruise, and then go to "guest vacation documents." If your final payment is in and it has all been processed, you will see a whole ticket booklet with all your cruise information on it. I think its page 14 that has the luggage tags that you can print out.

Seems like a long way around to me, but that's the only way I could find to do it.

Archived