Holiday Not Back Yet

shecat

From reading the other threads, the 13th sailing SHOULD be okay... it is an older ship, so who knows what they will come up with when they actually start working on her. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you! If it helps at all... the 13th is my bday and has always been a very lucky day, LOL... so I'll do a little dance for you :D Better yet, you should probably take me with you as a good luck charm :D :p

I'm sure with having to tell passengers they will now only be going to Key West, rather than Coz... they are going to need that extra time... I'm sure it's not fun to be one of those people having to break the news... :eek:

I just got off the phone with my TA and here is what she told me.

She talked to two people at Carnival who told her that 'the 17th sail date would 100% NOT be affected by all of this'. My TA is very cautious and told me nothing is 100%. LOL, I liked her because she never promises the moon - now I wish she would.

Anyway, I got the impression from my TA that it was going into drydock in Key West this week but that doesn't seem to fit with letting pax on today. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, it is a problem with the propulsion system and they need to drydock it to fix it. The CSR at Carnival even said that they are not anticipating any problems with the 13th date.

I thought I had heard lst night that it was being drydocked for the 8th sailing but I could be wrong.

Every time I have called, I have either gotten a 'we don't know' or a definate 'it will not affect any sailings past the 8th'.

What's the Tropicale? It's an old Carnival ship that is now part of the Costa cruiseline (I think.) I don't remember the story about it, but it had some major problems at the end of it's Carnival life if I'm remembering the right ship.

Gayle

What's the Tropicale? It's an old Carnival ship that is now part of the Costa cruiseline (I think.) I don't remember the story about it, but it had some major problems at the end of it's Carnival life if I'm remembering the right ship.

Gayle

"Major problems" is accurate. Just one of the stories from that time ....

http://www.sptimes.com/News/92399/State/_No_water_No_toilet_N.shtml

(interesting that the Carnival spokeswoman back then is the same one quoted in this week's Mobile, Ala. story about the Holiday fiasco)

Just keep in mind that if they went aboard with bad feelings because of the last minute change that excluded any port of call, that affected everything else that happened. The old adage..."if mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" can be applied to this...and that is contagious! I know you already know all this...so just keep in mind the ship and crew, overall, had good reviews before all this happened.

The real failure I see here is Carnival's management failing to manage this incident by giving out accurate, and sufficient, information.

First let me say I've cruised Carnival many times wonderfully. I've been on their small ships and knew what it would be like. We, and we means most everyone on that ship, are mad because Carnival knew it had problems and took us out anyway. I've been to Coz 3times, so it was no big deal for me, but it was for my family members who had never sailed. There was a wedding party on board who was meeting more family members in Coz to get married. Groom was pissed. Hopefully they'll look back years later and laugh, but if that had been my daughter... If they had been able to go south enough where it was warm, it would have been so much better, but 60miles off coast didn't cut it. Also, I can't figure why people think we had the option to cancel and get a refund. We had dropped our luggage, paid to park the car, gone thru security, registered at the desk (she was not friendly-they had computer problems)and were sitting in the room waiting to board with other pax when they handed out a "letter" telling us we'd be going nowhere. If they would have contacted us ahead of time, we would have canceled or rescheduled. One pool was broke, I heard someone complain about the equipment in workout room, the staff was overworked, and the list goes on. Unfortunately I have wonderful cruises to compare this one to. I guess that's bad.

I just can't believe they took the ship out again. I've heard they are coming in one day early. I can live with small things, but when the ship won't go, that's different.

The main reason people are mad is because CCL is being so hush hush. If you try to book this ship next week, you can, or could yesterday, because my TA tried to. I don't really expect anythin from CCL. The $100 was partially port fees. There were SO MANY first time cruisers on this particular cruise because it was New Years and families were able to get together. They wanted to see that Exotic Port! I don't blame them. That's part of cruising.

I encouraged people on board to cruise again, and i even told them we have great experiences with Carnival. Right now, though, I'm pretty mad at Carnival.

That was the only cruise ship in my life I've ever been glad to get off of. Usually I'm depressed.

Just a note: I've never sailed for less than 7 days before. I think I'll stick to 7 or more. If you miss a port then, which has happened, it's not as big a deal.

So, Momsoftwins, to answer your question, which I don't think I did, try to get as much info on that ship's repairs. Personally, it had alot of small problems, but not enough to ruin a cruise. But you don't want to get on it if the propulsion system is still messed up. I don't know how for you to get info, because my TA keeps getting the run around. I heard and believe it will have to be dry docked for a few weeks to get repaired. I wouldn't get on it before then.

i havent seen carmel on here today.... has she given up that things will work out for all of us or has she gone to miami and taken carnival head quaters hostage until they have true, real, info. lololol just a thought. well i am just hoping for the best. we really need to wait until the ppl that are on that ship right now get off and hear what they have to say. the drama conts.

Archived