Doc Question

karensj

I will be sailing in 6 weeks. I should be receiving my docs within the next few weeks. What will be in them? Will it tell me what nights are formal nights? Is it ok to start packing once I have received them or can I start before? What is something I should never forget to pack?

Karen

In your documents there is so much wonderful information, I love to read each and every little tid bit. Yes, in your cruise tickets themselves, I believe it will list which days are formal, casual, etc.

Pack away, I am not sailing til March and I packed my shorts and tops back in October!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to pack your passport or BC and government issued I.D.!!!!!

There have been some threads here on packing ... but the search feature isn't working right now. You might try looking for it later. Meantime, the general rule of thumb is that we all tend to pack too much. With clothing, do the mix-and-match thing as much as you can. This will save you having more pieces than you need. If your cruse is longer than a week, you may use the self-service laundries on board (except for the Vista class ships) or use the ship's laundry to hold down what you bring. The best way I ever heard it was when someone said to place on your bed all the clothes and all the money you planned to take. Then get rid of half the clothes and double the money! Good luck.

No your docs will not tell you which nights are formal/informal/casual. They will just tell you how many of each there will be.

I've also been told, to lay everything out on the bed and then take half away, but I still end up taking too much. :eek:

Your cruise documents will not tell you specially what nights are formal, etc. They will only tell you how nights are formal, how many are informal, and how many are casual.

When you get on the ship, there will be a daily program in your cabin which will list what nights are formal, etc.

If you are entitled to any shipboard credits, make certain that document is included and make a copy of it as you will need to turn in the original once you are on the ship.

Always take along a power bar.

Packing - we leave Thursday for Ft Lauderdale for our cruise. Brought down the suitcases yesterday. Filled prescriptions today. Packing is tomorrow - AH - the power of computer lists that tell you exactly what goes into each suitcase.

Well, the booklet we received entitled "What you need to know before you go" does give exact dates of formal, informal and casual nights as well as the dates of theme nights and whether those are formal, informal or casual. It has certainly come in handy and I have shared that info with other passengers on our next cruise who hadn't yet received this information.

That's from HAL. Maybe other cruise lines aren't as specific. I'm so glad Holland America is, because we had many theme nights to prepare for on the long cruise.

Slinkie

Slinkie, your documents are more specific because you're on the World Cruise.

For the rest of the time the documents are as the others have posted---totals for the nights in the documents, list of specific days once on board.

Have a marvelous time on the World Cruise. Will you be reporting from the ship or ports as the journey progresses? Some of us (o.k., me at least) would love to travel along virtually.

Archived