alcohol smuggling

Sonchyne4U

Hey, Cecilia, it's always nice to find something to agree on! :D I've been accused of being rather direct on occasion as well. Although I usually cushion it with so many words surrounding it that it doesn't fall too hard. I'm a lover of the English language, and I tend to use it prolifically. :)

Smooth Sailing...LOL! Kudos for showing such restraint! Have a great time on your upcoming cruise, and be sure to bend your elbow a few times us fellow boozers as you round the horn.

LeeAnne

Could someone please tell me what the point of this board is???? Where's the info on alcohol???? Did we get a little off the subject here???? I'm not sure if I want to dig thru all the CR_P to get to the subject on hand....GEZZZZZ...thanks alot for all the info!!!

ok everyone.....or anyone ..........or just somone....what the heck happened today on this the most wondeful ..informative cruise site i have ever been on?........fill me in please?.....it was down up missing everything...missing something lol....was a crazy day or was it jus me?:D

I think they were trying to repair a major problem today - which for a short time made everything even worse - seems to be OK now.

As to the point of this board - it is meant to be an informative forum for both new and experienced cruiser - however, it also serves as a support group for many of us when we are in between cruises - helps us stay focused and connected - yes, frequently the primary point is long gone and we are all just having fun - however, even as we ramble on - a lot of good information surfaces that is of some value to most all of us.

Hey Stephanie - I'm from Boston - Love the Red Sox and the Patriots.

i am from boston....within site of the black falcon terminal......woohoo i go over (when in season) to watch the ships come and go...............god how i love to cruise....lol i did a tour on a raddison ship navigator i believe this past sep? october? it included a full menu lunch in the dinning room! well i met some of the staff that afternoon...i left the ship to go home....then came back later to watch it leave :(.....i drove down as the ship left with my top down waving to all...i saw the waiters in the dinning room waving back it was awesome!! when i think how one of my friends had to "talk" me into going on my first which was feb 2001 on the carnival destiny! ....i was hookedfrom hat point......hook line and sinker lol

As you can see from my signature - We also love to CRUISE and have been picking up the pace the past few years - We leave on Wendesday for Santiago and our cruise on the Crown around Cape Horn. I saw that you are retired - must be nice to retire at your young age - I have just recently retired from my position as the Director of Microbiology at the Univ. of Texas Medical School in San Antonio - Life is GREAT. We will be going up to New England in August - mostly for the Maine Lobster Fest - We do have tickets for a Red Sox game - When is your next cruise - sounds like you are really hooked. Have a great time -

Dave & Katie,

congrats on the retirement! have an awesome time on the cruise. the alpaca items in Chile are terrific prices don't make the mistake I made and neglect to get sufficicent numbers to give as gifts. When you get to Ushuaia there's a wonderful craftswoman and her husband who make jewellery out of old sterling, she's just at the end of the pier. I suspect the prices for Americans are a little higher than for Latin Americans but her work is terrific - I've recieved endless compliments on the pieces I purchased. there's a tea house (casa de te) in Puerto Madryn that serves huge amounts of food, just get a single serving it's good for four to top off your day.

Do go for the "baptismal" around the horn, the water is just not that cold. We mildly debated if it had originated in the ocean at all but were happy to have Captain Holthe pour it on our heads regardless.

Please, be sure to post following your trip, I'm dying to find out if everyone has the same fab ocean conditions that we were blessed with. have a fantastic time!

lisa

we (my fiance and i) head out our first princess cruise this feb 5.......on the caribbean princess! woohoo we cant wait.........have done royal caribbean and carnival.....and decided to try princess.................variety is the spice of life............just hope i book the next cruise before we go........will help with pcd (post cruise depression).............we will be on the princess on feb 5th and superbowl is the 6th ........how we hope the patriots are playing!..........................................cruisinstephanie!....and mr dan

oh, Dave, I did bring back the dailies but haven't scanned them in yet. not sure you'll have the same lecturers as we did since I saw both Maxtone-Grahame and Simon in BA after the cruise. Let me know if you have the same two off key folks in Top of the Crown.

they don't use the scanners or bother checking for alcohol when you re-board after the visit to the Falklands, I suspect that's because you're getting a much better price on the ship than in the Falklands!

Hi Lisa

We really enjoyed your blog - checked it everyday - made the kids read it on Chritmas morning before I let them open their gifts. We have lots of gifts to purchase - thanks for your excellent advise - as usual. My oldest daughter loves old looking sterling jewellery - matches her tatoos - not my idea - actually she is the legal counsel for Child Protective Services in Austin - I'm just not fond of her multiple tatoos -

We do not have a tour set up for P. Madryn - we will check out your recommendation - being elderly folks - not really - we often share a meal in a resturant. I will do a comprehensive review after we return - But, I don't believe i can write as good as you do.

Hi Stephanie

I went back to your previous posts and saw that you had already mentioned your upcoming trip on Princess - we have been on Princess twice - once from Acapulco to Las Angeles and then on the Tahitian Princess in the South Pacific - that was one great cruise - you may want to book it for next year so as to avoid any post cruise depression - I always have 2 or 3 cruises booked in advance so as soon as we get home - we can start to focus on the next one. You'll be on your cruise during the Super Bowl - Hope you get to see the Patriots.

By the way - from your previos posts - I see we have a very similar sense of humor - must be a New England thing - or maybe your my long lost cousin - my last name is Mason - my New England relatives are Spaulding, Banks, Nickerson - just to name a few - Have a Great time.

I'm not on a ship. I'm not on a motorcycle. And I don't even have a glass of old rum at hand. Those 3 negatives mean I'm ENTITLED to be grumpy! Anyone wanna argue with that?

Ask yourself this... if you qualify for a flu shot in every category except pregnancy... then yes, you are ENTITLED to be grumpy! Otherwise, cheer up, mate!

If I wanted to sit there and have a single malt or a Martini it was run to the bar, spill half on the way back or call room service, which in turn contacted the Bultler, who 30 minutes later brought the drink.

Too much of a production. So my driving force is not to break the rules because I can, not to save a few dollars, but to maximise the relaxation that I booked a cruise for.

That is another good point shoreguy! It is a big production. If your in the middle of dressing for dinner and suddenly your "in the mood",...well we all know how that goes if you can't have what your in the mood for right then and there.;)

I knew a XXXX Mason, who lived in Duxbury a few years back, who I believe had local relatives named Nickerson and Banks....

In fact, my paternal grandmother's maiden name was Banks :eek: She lived in Ipswich in the 70's-80's, but I'd have to check where she was born..., my father and grandparents lived in Malden, MA when he was small (late 30's early 40's)

Small world with a limited number of surnames :)

That is another good point shoreguy! It is a big production. If your in the middle of dressing for dinner and suddenly your "in the mood",...well we all know how that goes if you can't have what your in the mood for right then and there.;)

So bring your Box o wine or order a bottle. Have something in the cabin! Never let the mood escape while on a cruise. ;)

I would not be surprised if we are 9th or 10th cousins - my great grandmother's maiden name was Banks - I know her family was from the North Shore area - she married a sea captain named Nickerson - not positive of the first name - he was always referred to as Capt. Nickerson - he sailed on trading ships to China and the Orient out of Boston in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

You don't have to convince the other posters of this I'm sure. I could be wrong because we all know how crass my opinions are, and maybe your the exception, but I think the cheap americans also fall into the category as the same people who drive the monstrous SUV's (that they survived without before) and pollute the enviornment and then complain about the gas prices and then do all the other things that alleged cheap americans do on cruises (whatever that means to you)..M.

p.s. someone may have to correct my grammar because I went to a public school

Hi the name is Lena....and I am a cheap American....

Soif13.gif

ps...that's so I can donate to -- oh nevermind

Archived