We are offended

beauxdammit

Yeah!!It is me. To those of you who have opined that I am some sort of one-shot troll wonder, let me assure you that I am much too big and much to thick skinned to be offended by your uncivil remarks. It amazes me that so many of you do not know how to disagree without attempting to denigrate my beliefs without insults.

As for being a one shot and out, please take a look at my history on Celebrity and Princess boards. You will see that I have been active there for quite some time. As for why I haven't been on this board, I choose to spend my time and money on more sedate excusions that suit my stogy old self.

For those of you who feel compelled to aggresively defend Carnival, good for you. I am happy that you have found a cruise line you really like.

For those of you who take umbrige with my inadvertant mis-spelling of "Aweigh", my apolgies. Spelling was never my long suite.

For those who commented on why it took so long for me to respond to your entries, I have a thing called a job that does take up considerable of my time. It seems many of you are not encumbered by this distraction and have plenty of time to nit-pick and carp. Again, I am happy for you that you have so much free time.

To whoever it was that wondered what kind of name is "beauxdammit", it is the name of a dog that I used to have. He was a great pet, but seemed to have a penchent for getting into the darndest situations, hence "Beauxdammit"

To those of you who served our country, a big thank you. I too am a Navy vet whose time ended much too soon because of health problems.

By the way, Bguppies, my feelings are never feigned. What you see is what I am.

Happy cruising to all of you.

Sargent_Schultz,

To quote your namesake: "You know nozzink" :D:D

Annapolis is the name of the town where the U.S. Naval Academy is located and is not a college itself. Therefore it has not fight song. The explanation of what Anchors Aweigh is, is above.

Close enough. ;)

And the original lyrics:

Original Lyrics

[Verse 1]

Stand Navy down the field, sails set to the sky.

We'll never change our course, so Army you steer shy-y-y-y.

Roll up the score, Navy, Anchors Aweigh.

Sail Navy down the field and sink the Army, sink the Army Grey.

[Verse 2]

Get underway, Navy, Decks cleared for the fray,

We'll hoist true Navy Blue So Army down your Grey-y-y-y.

Full speed ahead, Navy; Army heave to,

Furl Black and Grey and Gold and hoist the Navy, hoist the Navy Blue

[Verse 3]

Blue of the Seven Seas; Gold of God's great sun

Let these our colors be Till all of time be done-n-n-ne,

By Severn shore we learn Navy's stern call:

Faith, courage, service true With honor over, honor over all.

I wonder (not really) if anyone was offended that the lyrics were changed.

I wonder (not really) if a bottle of cheap champagne and a fruit basket would make the OP feel better?

Yep, yep . . . had to go back and make sure I did include the emoticons. Which obviously you did not see. That part of the post was "tongue in cheek"

You can use any emoticons you like, that doesn't mean it's going to be perceived as you wish. An error on my part? Perhaps, but I'm also one of those people who gets a stick up her butt about stupid pedactic things like this.

Also had to go back to check just where I said it was the Naval Academy's Alma Mater, and guess what Cat, I never said that, nor even implied it, so I miss your point.

School Song = Alma Mater. School's Fight Song = School's Fight Song.

Now one thing I did write and meant to clarify was "adopted as the official song of the U.S. Navy". I meant to add and neglected to do so that while there have been proposals to include protocol for performing "Anchors Aweigh" in the Navy Regulations and to designate it the official song of the U.S. Navy, it remains an unofficial service song.

And it's also public domain.

Please note the last three words "unofficial service song". It is service wide, not just for the use of our Midshipmen at the Naval Academy.

Duly noted.

You say it is just a good song, and it may be just a that to you, but there hundreds of thousands of sailors who have served the Navy over years who would disagree with your "small world" view of it.

1. "Just a good song", despite your attempts to paint it as being used in a perjorative sense is not meant that way. It's a tightly constructed, catchy tune with a lot of sentimental value and a lot meaning. Nice try though.

2. As for my "small world view", my father is a Navy man, and went willingly into an unpopular war. And while I may not have served, I'm a naval history scholar and have a deep respect for our sailors. My world view might not be as small as you wish it to be. Regardless, I think you and I have a fundamental misunderstanding anyway, and one easily remedied.

I would kill to have Kelly's arms. She really looks good, but then she works at it every day.

Ummm a tad to skinny:eek:

Naww she's looking too much like a dude with pipes like that.

DUDE I would be scared to see a dude look like her:eek:

When you have "wings" like I do, you would say Kelly looks really good too.

Nah.. wings I say look better than skin on bone ... enjoy what ya got :D

To the OP... too each their own as they say you do have your right to your opinion on the issue.. I can't agree or disagree I am not American.. but do respect how you feel about this;) All I know is anchors away from being a kid going out in boat fishing with my pop and hearing that when we were in the spot to fish:D

Really?

I think the song is just as synonymous with the water as it is with the US Navy. TBH, I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.

My DH is a career military man too. If they decided to use the US Army Anthem as their music choice, it wouldn't bother me one bit. As a matter of fact we even have a little dancing, camouflage hamster that sings the song and we love it. "Over hill, over dale. As we hit the dusty trail..."

To each their own, I suppose. And they do offer great military discounts as the previous poster pointed out.:)

I have that same hamster!

Yeah!!It is me. To those of you who have opined that I am some sort of one-shot troll wonder, let me assure you that I am much too big and much to thick skinned to be offended by your uncivil remarks. It amazes me that so many of you do not know how to disagree without attempting to denigrate my beliefs without insults.

As for being a one shot and out, please take a look at my history on Celebrity and Princess boards. You will see that I have been active there for quite some time. As for why I haven't been on this board, I choose to spend my time and money on more sedate excusions that suit my stogy old self.

For those of you who feel compelled to aggresively defend Carnival, good for you. I am happy that you have found a cruise line you really like.

For those of you who take umbrige with my inadvertant mis-spelling of "Aweigh", my apolgies. Spelling was never my long suite.

For those who commented on why it took so long for me to respond to your entries, I have a thing called a job that does take up considerable of my time. It seems many of you are not encumbered by this distraction and have plenty of time to nit-pick and carp. Again, I am happy for you that you have so much free time.

To whoever it was that wondered what kind of name is "beauxdammit", it is the name of a dog that I used to have. He was a great pet, but seemed to have a penchent for getting into the darndest situations, hence "Beauxdammit"

To those of you who served our country, a big thank you. I too am a Navy vet whose time ended much too soon because of health problems.

By the way, Bguppies, my feelings are never feigned. What you see is what I am.

Happy cruising to all of you.

sorry.

I think we were all kinda HOPING you were a troll...it's difficult to understand your gripe. Obviously VERY difficult to understand it, because for once (and this is HUGE) everyone on this thread...EVERYONE is in agreement, that your being offended by that song in a CCL commercial is really, really petty.

And again, I'm sorry you feel offended and hope that you can learn to let the small stuff go, because this is truly small stuff.

I have to know though...is there so little legitimate bashing to be done of CCL these days on the 'other boards', that THIS is what you all have come up with to keep the trash talk going? :confused:

Obviously VERY difficult to understand it, because for once (and this is HUGE) everyone on this thread...EVERYONE is in agreement, that your being offended by that song in a CCL commercial is really, really petty.

Everyone???????????

How do you know that?

Does everyone mean people with more then 10,000 post?:D

Perhaps, but I'm also one of those people who gets a stick up her butt about stupid pedactic things like this.

Except to ask if you meant pedantic after stupid, I will not comment on the rest of this sentence as it applies to you. I enjoy my posting privileges to much.

And it's also public domain.
Did I ever say or imply that it wasn't?

Regardless, I think you and I have a fundamental misunderstanding anyway, and one easily remedied.
You are absolutely. In the future, if you don't want to engage, just ignore me. Couldn't be simpler.

DH is also military (10 years airforce) and yes the discount is great! Thanks to all that are serving and have served to keep us safe!!

As far as the OP comments above. Do they know that Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation (edited - see correction below Corporation was left off the first time)??? :confused:

DH is also military (10 years airforce) and yes the discount is great! Thanks to all that are serving and have served to keep us safe!!

As far as the OP comments above. Do they know that Princess is owned by Carnival??? :confused:

Carnival Corporation.........not Carnival cuiseline......

Archived