We are offended

beauxdammit

at first i was asking myself *who the heck is Kelly Ripa*:confused:

then i had to Google her..and now she s my inspiration..i hope she s

reading this..:D

it would be nice at some time..for everyone to sing anchors aweigh while

pulling out from port..or even during the muster drill to past the time AWEIGH :D

Yeah!!It is me. To those of you who have opined that I am some sort of one-shot troll wonder, let me assure you that I am much too big and much to thick skinned to be offended by your uncivil remarks. It amazes me that so many of you do not know how to disagree without attempting to denigrate my beliefs without insults.

As for being a one shot and out, please take a look at my history on Celebrity and Princess boards. You will see that I have been active there for quite some time. As for why I haven't been on this board, I choose to spend my time and money on more sedate excusions that suit my stogy old self.

For those of you who feel compelled to aggresively defend Carnival, good for you. I am happy that you have found a cruise line you really like.

For those of you who take umbrige with my inadvertant mis-spelling of "Aweigh", my apolgies. Spelling was never my long suite.

For those who commented on why it took so long for me to respond to your entries, I have a thing called a job that does take up considerable of my time. It seems many of you are not encumbered by this distraction and have plenty of time to nit-pick and carp. Again, I am happy for you that you have so much free time.

To whoever it was that wondered what kind of name is "beauxdammit", it is the name of a dog that I used to have. He was a great pet, but seemed to have a penchent for getting into the darndest situations, hence "Beauxdammit"

To those of you who served our country, a big thank you. I too am a Navy vet whose time ended much too soon because of health problems.

By the way, Bguppies, my feelings are never feigned. What you see is what I am.

Happy cruising to all of you.

I did not insult you, this thread is what is insulating. You are insulted by a Carnival ad buy a cruise line that you have NEVER been on. Carnival supports the troops on every cruise, you did not know that because you have have NEVER sailed on a Carnival ship. I have never seen so much support for the troops as I have when I am on a Carnival cruise.

No they did not.

Please feel free to post your source.

Sure!

From Wikipedia:

"In the Navy" is a 1979 hit song (U.S. #3) by Village People. The music video for the song was shot aboard the USS Reasoner (FF-1063), with the help of the United States Navy which actually used the song in promotional advertising until protests erupted over using taxpayer money for a music video of a controversial group. The song, as is the case with many other Village People songs, is often considered a gay anthem."

Another reference in a Variety article:

"The Navy, for one, filmed a promo video in 1979 with the Village People singing "In the Navy" on the USS Reasoner. The disco group was made honorable mates of the ship, but a captain ordered all sailors within camera range to "snap your fingers, tap your toes, but if we find anybody dancing, you're out of here!" Only later did the Navy pull the promo when it was discovered that the Village People were "morally dubious."

!

She always reminds me of a Muppet gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Or rather one of those things from that movie The Dark Crystal.

That's it!!!!!

I've been trying to figure out Ripa......one of those really frenetic muppets found in the background sometimes.

It's not her looks....she's a nice looking woman.... It's more her demeanor... Anyone of her age and maturity should give up the teenybopper/20 something character. It kinda makes her seem ridiculous to me......

But, then, Vanna White has always creeped me out....and Giada on the food network.

Wonder how many I creep out???? Hmmmmmm..

:eek:

LMAO!!

That's exactly what I was going to post!

man, that girl is FLAT! :eek:

I'd gladly give her some of mine......:rolleyes:

Not to worry...take it from me.

Age will take care of that flat bosom.........just ask the gal who had one...:eek::D

Yeah!!It is me. To those of you who have opined that I am some sort of one-shot troll wonder, let me assure you that I am much too big and much to thick skinned to be offended by your uncivil remarks. It amazes me that so many of you do not know how to disagree without attempting to denigrate my beliefs without insults.

As for being a one shot and out, please take a look at my history on Celebrity and Princess boards. You will see that I have been active there for quite some time. As for why I haven't been on this board, I choose to spend my time and money on more sedate excusions that suit my stogy old self.

For those of you who feel compelled to aggresively defend Carnival, good for you. I am happy that you have found a cruise line you really like.

For those of you who take umbrige with my inadvertant mis-spelling of "Aweigh", my apolgies. Spelling was never my long suite.

For those who commented on why it took so long for me to respond to your entries, I have a thing called a job that does take up considerable of my time. It seems many of you are not encumbered by this distraction and have plenty of time to nit-pick and carp. Again, I am happy for you that you have so much free time.

To whoever it was that wondered what kind of name is "beauxdammit", it is the name of a dog that I used to have. He was a great pet, but seemed to have a penchent for getting into the darndest situations, hence "Beauxdammit"

To those of you who served our country, a big thank you. I too am a Navy vet whose time ended much too soon because of health problems.

By the way, Bguppies, my feelings are never feigned. What you see is what I am.

Happy cruising to all of you.

Well, not that you're back, you now know NO ONE agrees with you.

Happy cruising to you too.

LOL! But she has zero body fat.......that just goes to show you boobs are nothing but fat:p

Enough boob talk and help me figure out what jetskier meant about the in n out bumper stickers. :confused:

Enough boob talk and help me figure out what jetskier meant about the in n out bumper stickers. :confused:

Are you really a guy:confused:

I don't get it either......what did he say? cut it up and take two letters out?

Ummm I no u? or In nut? or I nut? can we switch the letters around?

It must be a guy thing cause I'm lost:p

Talk about off topic LMAO!!!

Are you aware that the Navy also uses Godsmack as their background music in their commercials? An Atheist band that practices Wicca. (I happen to like their music by the way) So I wouldn't exactly be casting stones.

If they practice Wicca they are pantheistic NOT atheistic (believe in several Gods/Goddesses NOT don't believe in God). Just sayin'!

As the proud parents of a career U.S. Navy man currently serving his sixth tour in Iraq, we are offended by Carnival's use of "Anchors Away" as a marketing tool in their most recent series of commercials. The use of the long identified anthem of the U.S. Navy as part of a sort of cheesy commercial should be discontinued and some more appropriate music applied.

Well as an AF veteran-spouse of retired AF and mother of former Army solder, I am glad they don't use the AF song - Off We Go into the Wild Blue Yonder...the only reason for that is that I don't want the ship to FLY. But seriously Carnival has GREAT discounts for the active, retired and non-retired veterans..Best of all the lines.

Archived