Martini's and Chocolate!

Renorita

I love Martini's and Chocolate and I have heard that they have a Martini Bar on Celebrity cruises and that the Creamy Chocolate Martini is to die for. We are planning our first Celebrity cruise on the Galaxy. Do they have them on all Celebrity ships or just on select ones? Appreciate any imput. :)

:) Hi! Oh you picked an excellent topic! I have been on 3 ships and all had wonderful martinis!

Just returned from sailing Constellation and friends from our ROLL CALL met every evening before dinner in the Martini Bar:D Yes, they have a creamy chocolate one!

They have a Full Martini Menu....try some different ones....there are some great flavors!

:) Hi! Oh you picked an excellent topic! I have been on 3 ships and all had wonderful martinis!

Just returned from sailing Constellation and friends from our ROLL CALL met every evening before dinner in the Martini Bar:D Yes, they have a creamy chocolate one!

They have a Full Martini Menu....try some different ones....there are some great flavors!

Thanks Lois for your reponse! :) I am strill trying to find out if there is one on all Celeb. ships. You didn't mention if one of the 3 ships you sailed on was the Galaxy.

Hi:) sorry, I have not sailed Galaxy (yet) LOL

Century, Mercury and Constellation.........and going on Horizon in May:D

I believe all the X ships have Martini Bars though!

I've sailed on the Galaxy and they have an excellent Martini Bar. It's located in the corner of the Savoy Night Club. You're bringing back excellent memories of martinis and dancing, which we did almost nightly. I got hooked on the Peach Martinis (after all, I'm from Georgia:D ), but others talked about the chocolate ones. Enjoy!:D :D

Garrt

The Martini Bar on the Galaxy has moved. Last January it was located at the lower entrance to the main dining area...where the Champage/cavair bar used to be. NO windows but it is better than the night club location which celebrity closed a number of times on our cruise for private parties.

Rich in N VA

Grey Goose....up with a twist...I'm a purist. All that extra stuff like chocolate just takes up room in the glass. Bottoms up!

To the true purist, a martini is gin, vermouth and a garnish of either an olive or a lemon twist. Everything else is a "cocktail". It's become fashionable to call any mixed drink which is served in the traditional triangle-shaped glass a "martini". To be fair, though, vodka "martinots" are more popular than gin martinis, primarily because vodka has less flavor and gin is definitely an acquired taste. We've been on the Summit, Constellation, and Horizon and all three Martini Bars make a near-perfect classic martini. They even have one of my favorite gins.... Van Gogh.... and Noilly Prat vermouth. We always have late seating, but one of my favorite pastimes is to go into the martini bar at 5:00 and enjoy an ice-cold martini while people-watching as the early diners come in for pre-dinner drinks. At 6:00, I then go up to the Sushi bar for a snack, and then have another martini on the way back down to the room. Hopefully, by then, my wife would have a very good headstart on getting ready for our 8:30 seating. We were on the Constellation for 14-days in July-August in the Baltics and Jintana and Yulia created martini nirvana with their great personalities and their impeccable mixology. We had heard a lot about the famous Sudi, but he wasn't on that particular sailing. His replacement was a very personable young man from Croatia whose version of a classic martini was to pour vermouth into the glass, swirl it around, and then pour the vermouth out and fill the glass with straight gin. One of those would go a long way. :) If you're interested in a very cool martini site, go to Zigy's Martini Lounge. There's also a Discussion board there where you can see just how picky some people can be concerning the definition of martinis and shaken vs. stirred debates....but it's all in good spirit and very informative. Cheers!

Allen

The Martini Bar on the Galaxy has moved. Last January it was located at the lower entrance to the main dining area...where the Champage/cavair bar used to be. NO windows but it is better than the night club location which celebrity closed a number of times on our cruise for private parties.

Rich in N VA

I stand corrected. I'm thinking about the Century. You're right that it's near the dining room. Sorry 'bout that.:rolleyes:

Garry

Hi, I was just reading your post! I have the recipe if anyone is interested.

Heavy Cream

Godiva Chocolate Liqueur

Vodka

Clear Creme de Cacao

I don't really know the parts, I put even parts vodka and Godiva, splash of the Creme de Cacao and heavy cream. That's the way I like them. You may like extra cream or extra vodka. But anyway, there's the ingredients!

I will be cruising with Century on Saturday! Can't wait! All packed and ready to go! Will give full review when I get back on the 15th! It is what you make of it. Expect the worst and you will receive the worst! I'm sure she's going to be lovely! :p

I had a chocolate martini every night of our cruise on Summit in Oct/Nov. A yoo hoo with a zing. Best thing I ever drank. I am not really a drinker, so this fit the bill for me. My husband tried a different martini every night & liked them all. Have fun. A friend had the clear chocolate one & didn't like it. I had the creamy one.

My wife is hooked on chocolate tini's.. here's a good receipe if you like them thick.

1 shot vanilla vodka (yes vanilla does make a difference)

3/4 shot Godiva Choc Liquor

3/4 shot crem de coco (dark)

3/4 shot Bailey's (makes it thick and smooth)

shake with ice or can put into a blender

Hey, Just read your recipe, that sounds delicious! And even MORE liquor! To substitute the cream with Bailey's, never thought of that! The vanilla vodka does make it better, I forgot about it! Thanks for the new recipe! S.

I love Martini's and Chocolate and I have heard that they have a Martini Bar on Celebrity cruises and that the Creamy Chocolate Martini is to die for. We are planning our first Celebrity cruise on the Galaxy. Do they have them on all Celebrity ships or just on select ones? Appreciate any imput. :)
You'll find not only a martini bar, but the Cova Cafe with their yummy chocolates. You can visit either one first, and take the goods to the other. The Cova is also the place to snag a fresh mid-afternoon cookie, latte, espresso & etc.

How much do the Martinis generally run? (I know they probably vary by drink, but in general)....we're on the Millie in June and would LOVE to try them all but don't want to break the bank!!

Meanwhile, there was a champagne and CAVIAR bar?! That's craziness!

brigantiner - i'm with allen on this one, probably along with every other martini purist. gin = martini. vodka = faketini. don't let the nouveau hype fool you.

I agree, Gin, no vermouth and a large green olive! Maybe once in awhile a twist of lemon. Is that a James Bond drink, or was his made with Vodka I forgot? Also I found out on the RCCI site that the Creamy Chocolate does not have Gin in it. That makes sense, as I was trying to picture Gin mixed with chocolate. I definitely will try one, but will think of it as a chocolate yummy drink. Will Continue to have my real martini about an hour before dinner. I may have a tiny bit of good dark chocolate on the side. :D

Canderson Thanks for the info on Cova!

Stevewiz Recipe sounds really good, but you are taking away some of my excuses that I am making to DH for going on a Celebrity Cruise! :D

Jenny, the martinis in the Martini Bar on the Summit and Constellation last year were $8.95, but they are double martinis in very large designer glasses. You can also buy a Celebrity stainless steel shaker for about $8.95. I think it's only $5.00 more if you buy it at the same time that you order a martini. They also give you wooden olive picks with the Celebrity logo on them. Another plus is that they serve absolutely delicious breadsticks, and you can also ask for a bowl of nuts, or a bowl of Asian snack mix with wasabi peas. We were on the Horizon in October in Bermuda, but only went into the Martini bar once. There were only six tables, no barstools at the bar, and it was tucked into a corner of the Rendezvous Lounge. It just wasn't the same ambiance as the M-class Martini Bars. The martinis were just as good, it just didn't feel the same, if that makes sense. And, besides, I got hooked on the Bermuda national drink.... The Dark and Stormy, which is made with Gosling's Black Seal dark rum and Ginger Beer. There are several Gosling's stores on Front Street.

My wife really doesn't care for the gin martinis or the vodka and vermouth cocktails. She likes things a little more frou-frou. I have, however, and with all due modesty, created the perfect green apple martini for her, which she says blows away any she has ever had on a cruise or in a restaurant. Use a large martini glass, and swirl caramel syrup around the inside. Then pour a jigger each of Vodka (she prefers Van Gogh Wild Appel infused vodka), a jigger of apple schnappes (DeKuyper is good) and a jigger of Midori melon liqueur. The Midori cuts down on some of the tartness and adds a mellow, smoother texture. The caramel syrup adds just the proper touch of decadence.

Allen

Allen...I am going to Bermuda on Horizon in May:) .....so now, I have to try that local drink....

And if you want...you can make me that same martini you make your wife too;)

it sounds absolulety awesome:D

Lois, there is a bar/restaurant right across from where the Horizon docks on Front Street called The Beach. That's where I had my first Dark and Stormy. They also feature it at the pool bar in the afternoons, and one night had free rum tastings of the Dark and Stormys. When I got back home, I was amazed to see that my local North Carolina ABC store (which carries next to nothing) had Gosling's Black Seal rum. I made my own at home, using a shot of the rum, one or two shots of ginger beer (which I found at my local supermarket) and a dash of bitters and lime juice. They were yummy, even though I'm somewhat of a martini purist. I even sneak drinks of my wife's Green Apple Martinis that I make for her, but then I start feeling all girlie and stuff.

Allen

Allen...thanks for the information:)

I know Horizon is one of the smaller ships...but I really want to sail her before she leaves the fleet.

I usually LOVE the small ships......but I have to tell you, I LOVED sailing Constellation last month....she might be larger, but she didn't feel "TOO BIG".....if that makes sense.

I am really looking forward to Horizon though......and I have always wanted to see Bermuda!

I don't drink rum much at all.......but now I am going to have to try the local drink;) ...tough job LOL

Archived