Thoughts or experience on guarantee cabins

cwuer

Does anyone have experience with how Azamara generally handles guarantess. Specifically, here is my question. If one were booked on a inside cabin guarantee catagory and all the inside cabins are sold out, would they generally be upgraded to the first available outside cabin catagory, OR would folks with assigned cabins in higher cat. inside or lowest cat. outside but moved from assigned rooms to higher catagory rooms and the guarantee take those spots? I know there is no way to know for sure, I am just wondering if anyone here has been in this situation and how did it work out for them. Just wondering if they generally leave folks along that have an assigned room and slot the guarantees in where there is an opening, or if they move assigned folks up to better rooms and slot the guarantees in there? Thanks for any help.

PS I know it is best to book the specific cabin you will be happy in whenever possible and there are no guarantees with a guarantee.:)

Does anyone have experience with how Azamara generally handles guarantess. Specifically, here is my question. If one were booked on a inside cabin guarantee catagory and all the inside cabins are sold out, would they generally be upgraded to the first available outside cabin catagory, OR would folks with assigned cabins in higher cat. inside or lowest cat. outside but moved from assigned rooms to higher catagory rooms and the guarantee take those spots? I know there is no way to know for sure, I am just wondering if anyone here has been in this situation and how did it work out for them. Just wondering if they generally leave folks along that have an assigned room and slot the guarantees in where there is an opening, or if they move assigned folks up to better rooms and slot the guarantees in there? Thanks for any help.

PS I know it is best to book the specific cabin you will be happy in whenever possible and there are no guarantees with a guarantee.:)

Hi Cwuer !

I think you last sentence said it all. I believe you are asking if you book an Inside GTY, what the odds are, that you will do better. I'd say there is always a chance, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Even if all of the insides are currently sold out, Azamara might choose to wait it out until final payment or beyond, to see if there are any cancellations.

As long as you dont mind getting an inside cabin, in any location, then there is no harm in rolling the dice and see what happens. If location or type of cabin is a big issue for you, I would opt for an assigned cabin.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Cwuer !

. I believe you are asking if you book an Inside GTY, what the odds are, that you will do better. I'd say there is always a chance, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Even if all of the insides are currently sold out, Azamara might choose to wait it out until final payment or beyond, to see if there are any cancellations.

Hey Andy, thanks for your reply. Actually I am not really hoping for any upgrade. I am almost afraid of it LOL. I am fine to keep an inside guarantee. What I don't really want is to be "upgraded" to one of the lowest cat. outside cabins with the obstructed view, because they are SMALLER than the inside cabins and the other outside cabins. I don't know how Azamara considers them a higher cat. since they are fully obstructed and smaller (145 sq. feet instead of 158.) But maybe I would never notice them being smaller. Of course if they upgraded above that level to an unobstructed oceanview that would be awesome. But I don't really think that would happen. I was just wondering if they typically left assigned rooms alone, or if they have a history of upgrading assigned rooms to better rooms. The outside cabins have been sold out for a good while as there are so few on the ship, so they gotta put the guarantees somewhere:rolleyes:

Hi Cwuer !

. I believe you are asking if you book an Inside GTY, what the odds are, that you will do better. I'd say there is always a chance, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Even if all of the insides are currently sold out, Azamara might choose to wait it out until final payment or beyond, to see if there are any cancellations.

Hey Andy, thanks for your reply. Actually I am not really hoping for any upgrade. I am almost afraid of it LOL. I am fine to keep an inside guarantee. What I don't really want is to be "upgraded" to one of the lowest cat. outside cabins with the obstructed view, because they are SMALLER than the inside cabins and the other outside cabins. I don't know how Azamara considers them a higher cat. since they are fully obstructed and smaller (145 sq. feet instead of 158.) But maybe I would never notice them being smaller. Of course if they upgraded above that level to an unobstructed oceanview that would be awesome. But I don't really think that would happen. I was just wondering if they typically left assigned rooms alone, or if they have a history of upgrading assigned rooms to better rooms. The outside cabins have been sold out for a good while as there are so few on the ship, so they gotta put the guarantees somewhere:rolleyes:

Remember you can always turn down "an upgrade" you dont want!!

Jancruz1

Really? I did not know that. I thought if you took an inside guarantee you had to take whatever they offered you as long as it was in that catagory or HIGHER. So I could turn down an "upgrade" to one of the smaller obstructed outside cabins?

• 4 years later...

Did anyone find out about this?

What was your experience @cwuer?

I have an upcoming cruise booked on the Journey Nov 6, 2014 with an inside guarantee. We haven't been assigned a cabin yet (and figure we won't be until closer to sailing) but noticed that all inside cabins are showing as being sold out today.

I too would prefer any inside to a smaller obstructed view outside. Overall I will be happy either way. All I really care about is getting from port to port and having a place to lay my head at night but I am a little curious how things played out for you.

Our family of 6 has booked 3 inside guarantees on this sailing, and knowing that there aren't a ton of inside cabins and that now Azamara is showing inside cabins as sold out I figure chances are a little increased that one of them may be upgraded. Then again...who knows. We will be happy cruisers either way.

Well, first, you've resurrected a thread which is 5 years old!

However, i just booked my 1st Azamara cruise in an OV GTY (which was on offer for same price as an inside GTY) and I've been upgraded to a V2, so it does happen but I have no idea why or how frequently.

But, as you say, enjoy, whatever! Happy cruising!

Edited by canny_cruiser

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I know it's an ancient thread. But I figured some of the participants in it may still be subscribed to the thread and could be willing to share their experience. No hurt in trying. Haha. Thanks again.

I was upgraded in March on the Panama Canal trip from a Guarantee ocean view to a V2. I think it depends on how full the ship is and your Club Voyage level. This time I haven't been as lucky -still an inside cabin but on 8

Sometimes they even upgrade you when you check in on the ship.

Can someone explain the above statement to me? Granted, I've only been on 2 cruises but each time I've gotten the cabin that I did book and on our upcoming cruises, we have the cabin I booked for each cruise, which means no moving.

I have my Xpress passes printed and each one has the same cabin number. :D

I was upgraded in March on the Panama Canal trip from a Guarantee ocean view to a V2. I think it depends on how full the ship is and your Club Voyage level. This time I haven't been as lucky -still an inside cabin but on 8

Wow, what upgrades!

We have a guarantee balcony and am just hoping for a V2! Could I even dream of a higher upgrade?!?!?!?!?!1:p

We have recently been upgraded from a gty ocean view to a mid ships Balcony on Quest....very nice upgrade. The upgrade fairy has visited me quite often so it does happen. :)

However, I never expect it and I have to know that I can be happy in the cabin grade I book.

Last year B2B with an OV Guar we were immediately assigned a lovely balcony on 8 for the second cruise. Much later we were given the dreaded obstructed view for the first week. Small, totally obstructed view out but a view in for people working on the boats if you didn't keep the curtains closed! We loved tender days.

This month the fairy has visited again. For which, many thanks!

I was on the same Panama Canal cruise in March. We had a Guarantee ocean view and got a category 05 ocean view room - no surprises, no disappointments.