Port of Miami parking

centurycruiser

I found a site on the internet for United Parking at the Port of Miami and they offer parking for a 4 day cruise around $11 a day (at least for the 4 night Destiny cruise).

They say:

Premier Cruise Parking Providing Secure Garage Self Parking

Driving directions, address and facility telephone number are provided on your reservation confirmation.

Details:

Round-trip shuttle, every 5 to 10 minutes from 7:30am to 3:30pm, up to 4 people maximum per party. Over 4 people, drop off at the port first, then, come park. Rates are for standard size vehicles. Clearance 6'8". 3 day minimum.

Distance: 3 to 4 minute ride, 1 mile north of Port of Miami

Have you used them? Could you tell me where their garage is and if the pick up business is accurate? Is it secure?

We just parked in the covered lot at the port. I can't remember the price but it wasn't bad. It was actually pretty convenient.

OH and BTW: I wouldn't ever pay someone for something when they won't give driving directions prior to confirmation. a little fishy sounding. I would want to mapquest the place and find out about the neighborhood where my car was parked before I committed to leaving it there.

• 5 weeks later...

United Airport Parking is an "information source" that works on a commission basis; they disclaim any responsibility for any type of problem that you might have with the parking lot; they won't disclose the lot location until you make a confirmed reservation. Not a reputable way to do business, in my opinion.

I guess I'm just a detail freak - who previously worked in Port of Miami, or should I say my ship was homeported there - 1 mile north of anything on the north side of POM is in the waters of Biscayne Bay! 1 mile noth of the port entr' on US1 is the vicinity of the old OMNI hotel and mall .... a wasteland last time I was there.

We've used United Parking several times, and it's convenient, clean, safe and professional with protected facilities and prompt shuttle service... AND fees generally 50% less than the airport or seaport it serves.

CelebConsult and/or rednose 83 could you contact me at jchalbach@yahoo.com for more info about parking? Thanks in advance.

Archived