A Carnival guy on Freedom OTS, The WOW factor: A pictorial review

A fellow guest gets private lessons on the Flowrider

232323232%7Ffp4334%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A77326nu0mrj

Getting ready for the Miami style Club 20 in the Solarium

232323232%7Ffp43374%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D329747%3A5%3A6326nu0mrj

Richard hosting the Quest

232323232%7Ffp43349%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A84326nu0mrj

The "I love 80s Dance Party"

232323232%7Ffp43365%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297488965326nu0mrj

Yes, a very 1980s Whitney Houston

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A%3C6326nu0mrj

very nice review as i am in pic 1 holding the surf board talking to Eathen!!!:)

A fellow guest gets private lessons on the Flowrider

232323232%7Ffp4334%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A77326nu0mrj

Getting ready for the Miami style Club 20 in the Solarium

232323232%7Ffp43374%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D329747%3A5%3A6326nu0mrj

Richard hosting the Quest

232323232%7Ffp43349%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A84326nu0mrj

The "I love 80s Dance Party"

232323232%7Ffp43365%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297488965326nu0mrj

Yes, a very 1980s Whitney Houston

232323232%7Ffp4336%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297485%3A%3C6326nu0mrj

very nice review as i am in pic 1 holding the surf board talking to Eathen!!!:)

Couple questions.......

Which restaurants are extra and how much do they cost?

Did you go on any of the excursions and were the worth it?

At the ports were you within walking distance of the cities and beaches?

When you get to port Canaveral is the parking free or is there a daily charge/ transportation charge?

Sorry for all the questions, I tried looking for the answers on my own and couldnt find the answers. Thinking about going on this boat in march :)

Couple questions.......

Which restaurants are extra and how much do they cost? Chops Steakhouse is $25 per person, Portofinos (Italian) $20 per person

Did you go on any of the excursions and were the worth it? We bought the tickets to go up to Paradise Point through RCI. The view and beverages are great, but the $18 price is a tad steep. We just stayed on the ship in St. Maarten

At the ports were you within walking distance of the cities and beaches? Yes, in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten the ship docks right in town. In St. Maarten you have to take a brief water taxi to get to the beach and shopping, buts its short and pretty cheap.

When you get to port Canaveral is the parking free or is there a daily charge/ transportation charge? Parking at PC was $15 per day

Sorry for all the questions, I tried looking for the answers on my own and couldnt find the answers. Thinking about going on this boat in march :)

Hope it helps. :)

No, I will try to get as much up as I can. But I have TONS of ship pics to post so its gonna take a while to get everything up.

I was on Freedom last September and plan on sailing on her again in September this year. Your pictures brought back so many fond memories. I will be taking the Eastern Caribbean itinerary this year and I am so looking forward to it. Thank you for the "memories":)

WOW.....this has got to be the best review & pictures of the Freedom I have ever seen.......THANKS GRADY!!!!

We take our first FOS this May and now that I've seen these pictures I am just over the top excited!!!

AGAIN....THANKS GRADY!!!!

Awesome review. Thanks for posting all of the pictures. You mentioned that Sorrento's was a favorite spot to eat, was there a charge for that? My family and I will be on Freedom this Thanksgiving.

Lisa

Nope, its included! :D I think we ate there at least once per day, the pizza was pretty good, but it was the cold case with the the salads, cheeses and desserts that really topped it off. As a double bonus, it was almost never crowded, making it a perfect alternative to the sometimes-chaotic Windjammer.

Nope, its included! :D I think we ate there at least once per day, the pizza was pretty good, but it was the cold case with the the salads, cheeses and desserts that really topped it off. As a double bonus, it was almost never crowded, making it a perfect alternative to the sometimes-chaotic Windjammer.

It is however very crowded right when it first opens. Great plac ate there at least 2 a day for a snack or lunch.

Ecxellent review Grady, many thanks! it has somehow made our first ever cruise on Freedom 14/2/2010 all the more real :-)

Hope you all have a great time, shes a great ship to start with.

I see you are in the U.K., a possible bonus for you is they have hot tea available 24/7 in the Promenade Cafe. They also usually have some in the Windjammer. They have a fairly decent selection, although its usually Lipton brand. As a coffee hating tea drinker, I notice these things. ;)

Hope you all have a great time, shes a great ship to start with.

I see you are in the U.K., a possible bonus for you is they have hot tea available 24/7 in the Promenade Cafe. They also usually have some in the Windjammer. They have a fairly decent selection, although its usually Lipton brand. As a coffee hating tea drinker, I notice these things. ;)

ah, its the simple things in life that make me happy!!

We too, are coffee hating drinkers and endure the strange looks you get when you ask for a tea in Starbucks....we were even considering bringing tea bags with us but it sounds like theres no need...Lipton tea will do nicely!!!

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Love the pictures.....Leaving Sunday with my family (husband and three kids -11, 14 and 17) for our first cruise. So exciting!!! How was the weather?! I'm concerned that our three days at sea will be chilly up on deck. Do we pack a bunch of sweatshirts?

Your pictures have me drooling! You've got me motivated to start packing! Thanks!

:o

Love the pictures.....Leaving Sunday with my family (husband and three kids -11, 14 and 17) for our first cruise. So exciting!!! How was the weather?! I'm concerned that our three days at sea will be chilly up on deck. Do we pack a bunch of sweatshirts?

Your pictures have me drooling! You've got me motivated to start packing! Thanks!

:o

The weather on our Freedom OTS cruise was near perfect. Warm days, and moderate nights. We really couldn't have asked for better.

Last month on Carnival Destiny it was cooler, especially at night. The days were probably in the low-mid 80's, nights in the low 70's I think.

What can I say........you must be tired of saying thank you to all of your appreciative posters. You made my day. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the FOS, in July, and after looking and reading your review I got so excited about our upcoming trip. I know I'm repeating what other posters said-that you should work in the PR department of Royal Caribbean, but it's true. They don't know what they're missing.

Many,many thanks for showing pics of a wonerful cruise.:):)

Amy

What can I say........you must be tired of saying thank you to all of your appreciative posters. You made my day. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the FOS, in July, and after looking and reading your review I got so excited about our upcoming trip. I know I'm repeating what other posters said-that you should work in the PR department of Royal Caribbean, but it's true. They don't know what they're missing.

Many,many thanks for showing pics of a wonerful cruise.:):)

Amy

No, Im not tired! :D I really do appreciate that folks enjoy my reviews. It makes the time I put into them totally worthwhile.

I wish I worked for RCI, I could get cheaper fares!;) Hope you all enjoy your cruise, shes a great ship. Even cooler that she will be your first, most other ships will pale in comparison!

• 1 month later...

Archived