air canada

stacylv

Just FYI air canada had some great rates past couple of days from US airports to German airports, FRA, DUS, MUC... etc... for summer 2010

RT around 650 with taxes for July!

Yes, I'm so proud of AC.

1) The roundtrip from US airports via Canada is much cheaper than for us poor Canadians. SEA-YVR-LHR return is cheaper than YVR-LHR return

2) They charge a fuel surcharge, which (according to their last financial statements where they admit it costs 5.5cents per available seat mile), is 80% of their total fuel cost to carry you. OK a surcharge because fuel has gone up, but 80%. Come on guys, how about being realistic.

I would never willingly book a flight on AC.

Why Not! I fly to the UK often on either BA or AC, while I slightly prefer BA, I have absolutely no problem with AC, just used them for our Med cruise and had great flights

Terry

They are no worse than any other airline

At least here in Canada you can get non-stop flights to a lot of places unlike the U.S. airlines where you have many stops

No worse than any other North American airline. Can't beat Singapore and some of those other Asian or Arab airlines.

We note food in economy TA has just become a little worse, but we don't fly for the Haute Cuisine.

I fly fairly frequently. Lots of people like to bash Air Canada...it's almost a sport in Canada. I find their service to be reasonable...certainly better than any of the domestic US airlines that I fly on. No issue with their transatlantic routes-both business and economy service. Certainly just as good as Lufthansa or others. Cannot comment on the Asian routes. When we lived in Vancouver, it was not unusual for us to fly SEA-FLL or MIA because of the price delta. In fact, the price of a return ticket from SEA was often as much as what Aeroplan would charge for a 'free ticket'.

I fly fairly frequently. Lots of people like to bash Air Canada...it's almost a sport in Canada. I find their service to be reasonable...certainly better than any of the domestic US airlines that I fly on. No issue with their transatlantic routes-both business and economy service. Certainly just as good as Lufthansa or others. Cannot comment on the Asian routes. When we lived in Vancouver, it was not unusual for us to fly SEA-FLL or MIA because of the price delta. In fact, the price of a return ticket from SEA was often as much as what Aeroplan would charge for a 'free ticket'.

Agree that Air Canada bashing is really unwarranted. If Americans are hyper-patriotic, Canadians appear to be the opposite. Neither is terribly attractive.

I just returned from TA out of Zurich, and even the flight attendants were uncomfortable with the economy dining options though.:eek: As I say, we don't fly for the fine dining.

Air Canada will bring you home with the best.

Air Canada bashing is a national sport and has been for years. I am Aeroplan Elite so have had lots of exposure. I think you have to travel around the world a bit to realize it's not that bad. No, their in-flight service does not compare with Etihad or Singapore but have you tried some of the others? Why do people think only of in-flight service? I like to get there safely and on time. They do that.

notwithstanding that, as someone who travelled many, many miles on CP, if only we could go back in time and bring CP/CAI back. Now that was an airline! We still remember that fabulous service on the Toronto Rio route. Ah, for a cafe Imperiale!

To this day, when I call Aeroplan to book tickets I can always tell when I have a former CP/CAI employee on the line because of the nothing is too much trouble attitude.

notwithstanding that, as someone who travelled many, many miles on CP, if only we could go back in time and bring CP/CAI back. Now that was an airline! We still remember that fabulous service on the Toronto Rio route. Ah, for a cafe Imperiale!

To this day, when I call Aeroplan to book tickets I can always tell when I have a former CP/CAI employee on the line because of the nothing is too much trouble attitude.

I remember the Vancouver - Narita route.

Holy cow!! Horrible attitude from the check-in counter to the flight attendants and that was business class. We used to fly out of our way to LA to pick-up Singapore Airlines for trans-pacific to avoid CAI's cavalier attitude, terrible and I mean terrible food and indifferent on-board service.

I hated to see an airline die but if an airline ever asked for it it was CAI.

It was really a shame too. Cabin crew on short haul was much better.

Archived