Rhapsody cabin question

Just a question about Rhapsody. We have just been offered a great price on a cruise in December. The cabin is a Ocean View Cat I on deck 2. We have sailed on Rhapsody twice before but only in a Junior Suite. Just wondering the pros and cons of this particular type of cabin. I have read on previous threads that some people have experienced sewer smells etc. As I get seasick, I would not be happy with this. We have to give an answer tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. :)

You know that an inside cabin is going to be really tiny in comparison to a JS---especially on an older ship....

Those "sewer smells" happen on every ship, and not always in the same place...they tend to move around, for some reason. We've experienced it on upper decks, as well as in the hallways on lower decks.

It's true, the lower in the ship, the less motion you're likely to feel.

What's important...space or motion....that's what you need to decide. Check out the deck plans for sq. footage of what you're planning to book!

You know that an inside cabin is going to be really tiny in comparison to a JS---especially on an older ship....

Those "sewer smells" happen on every ship, and not always in the same place...they tend to move around, for some reason. We've experienced it on upper decks, as well as in the hallways on lower decks.

It's true, the lower in the ship, the less motion you're likely to feel.

What's important...space or motion....that's what you need to decide. Check out the deck plans for sq. footage of what you're planning to book!

Thanks for the info. This cabin is an OV, the size of the cabin is not much of a concern, I guess it is just the fact that we have always had a balcony and the level of this particular cabin that is causing the concern, but we love the ship and the price is great on this cruise.

OP, just curious - is it the Dec. 1 sailing? If so, slip on over to the Roll Call and let us know you're coming!

I'd heard that the Dec. 1 cruise was sold out. But maybe they had a couple of cancellations.

--Michael

Hi Michael,

No I this is for the cruise after your one. You will have a great time I am sure!

Archived