Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami

gtmerc

Directions From I-95:

Take I-95 south to I-395. Follow the directional signs to the Biscayne Boulevard exit. When you get to Biscayne Blvd., make a right. Go to 5th Street which converts to Port Blvd. (landmark: American Airlines Basketball Arena) make a left and go over the Port bridge. Follow directional signs to designated terminal

Get your luggage and go outside of the terminal - you will see a man at a dias - telll him you need to go to port of Miami - they will get you a shared van - $ 18.00 pp -

Very easy - never had a problem - I think you can put in your reservation on line - but you really don;t need one.

Contact SAS Transportation it is $15 pp you call them when you land and you can arrange for round trip.

Thanks for that info - I found out about SAS on a roll call board and I decided to pass on the info - perhaps I will call them when we land.

We are cruising in February and it would have been my first time using them.

Thanks for that info - I found out about SAS on a roll call board and I decided to pass on the info - perhaps I will call them when we land.

We just uses SAS this morning (and last Friday too). They were very reliable. $13 per person + gratuity...

We just uses SAS this morning (and last Friday too). They were very reliable. $13 per person + gratuity...

Nice I will use them both ways in February -

Does anyone know is this a new company - I never heard of them and on some cruises paid very dearly to get back to FLL. I always use my own transportation back to airport - don;t like waiting for a bus to fill up.

We used SAS for $15 a person going from FLL to the Epic Hotel in Downtown Miami. No problems on that trip. Made reservations ahead of time. It was the complete opposite on the return trip. We never got picked up though we spoke by phone to three different people as well as speaking to one driver in person. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, we ended up taking a taxi to FLL.

Nice I will use them both ways in February -

Does anyone know is this a new company - I never heard of them and on some cruises paid very dearly to get back to FLL. I always use my own transportation back to airport - don;t like waiting for a bus to fill up.

I don't know how new they are, but they come very highly recommended from the Florida Departure board. You need to contact them ahead of time to make a reservation. They will need your arrival flight info and a phone number, plus the cruise ship you are sailing on and disembarkation date. They request that you call them when your plane lands and you have gotten your baggage and then they will meet you out front.

I don't know how new they are, but they come very highly recommended from the Florida Departure board. You need to contact them ahead of time to make a reservation. They will need your arrival flight info and a phone number, plus the cruise ship you are sailing on and disembarkation date. They request that you call them when your plane lands and you have gotten your baggage and then they will meet you out front.

I will do exactly that - thanks for the info - glad I happened upon this thread it has been most helpful to me.

We already have arrangements to rent a 6 passenger vehicle when we fly into FLL a day ahead. Haven't made arrangements for the post cruise trip from the port back to the airport (FLL). We were thinking of the NCL bus which we have used before, but SAS sounds good. BUT how would we find them and they find us if I make arrangements for them to pick us up post-cruise? Lots of ppl will be getting off the ship looking for transportation. Just don't want to get stuck without a ride for the 6 of us.

Thanks,

PA Cruisers

We already have arrangements to rent a 6 passenger vehicle when we fly into FLL a day ahead. Haven't made arrangements for the post cruise trip from the port back to the airport (FLL). We were thinking of the NCL bus which we have used before, but SAS sounds good. BUT how would we find them and they find us if I make arrangements for them to pick us up post-cruise? Lots of ppl will be getting off the ship looking for transportation. Just don't want to get stuck without a ride for the 6 of us.

Thanks,

PA Cruisers

SAS will have your cell # and they will give you theirs. Last time I used them, they called me just as I grabbed my suitcase in baggage claim in FLL and they had about 6 vans waiting at the port on the way back. I say say enough on their good service.

Thanks,

PA Cruisers

We are using them next month to get from MIA to FLL after a cruise.

These are the instructions we were given.

Please call the number listed below just before you go into the customs building so that I know you are beginning your debarkation from your ship.

I will then let you know where to meet the van once you do come out of the customs building.

The cost for this is $15 per person which you will pay to the driver when you get dropped off at the FLL Airport.

Thank you,

Steven Sadowsky

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

Bill

Thanks for the information. I think we will go with SAS but I will wait until it gets closer to our cruise in January. I think there is some sort of marathon taking place on the day our cruise comes in which will probably effect traffic. Our flight isn't until 2:35 PM so we should be okay.

SAS seems to have very good reviews on these boards. Cruise Critic is so very helpful. Thanks to everyone who give such helpful information.

PA Cruisers

there is a company called SAS - look them up online, they too are vans and about $ 18.00 pp back to Lauderdale (thats an estimate)

Contact SAS Transportation it is $15 pp you call them when you land and you can arrange for round trip.

Do I hear $11??? ;)

Seriously, thanks for the info everyone! You're great1

Make a reservation in advance. They are online....

THEN, you'll call them after you've claimed your luggage. If you don't have a reservation, a phone call isn't going to work.

They are very nice, very efficient, ontime and friendly.

They will be at the port on your ships return also. Same thing will apply...you'll call them when you have your luggage...and they'll zip around and pick you up.

Here's access to their website:

http://www.ridesas.com/html/reservations.html

Archived