What do you want to know about Carnival Dream?

No question is ever ridiculous.

As then it would never be asked.

In the City of New York where you reside it ( DREAM) is scheduled to depart the Manhattan Borough Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal. On all 3 Ship Trips this year in Town there.:cool:

God willing I and we shall be aboard here next week ( Sunday November 15th, 2009 A.D. as well all our other Shipmates. Some of which are doing a B 2 B as well B 2 b , B2 B's .

In my own personal opinion it looks as with the Kodak Moments it will be on our departures where those Magic NJ/NY Moments shall occur in the best lighting and visibility.;)

May all who are aboard on her ever have safe trips and calm seas.

God bless America!

I have one ridiculous question for you. Is the DREAM going to be docked in Brooklyn or Manhattan before going on the cruises out of NY? i have read somewhere that it was going to be out of Brooklyn then I read somewhere else it would be docked in Manhattan. My wife and I live on Staten island and we want to see the ship leave on this sunday. Depending on where the DREAM is leaving from, will determine what time I have to get to the spot where I want to see her leave. Thanks

Two Important questions Maam from me.

1.) On your Improvements today in the wee hours now acoming on the Server Changes.. will this effect the reporting and if it does will there be another Server Cluster you have prepared to go live from ..etc..

2.) On the Carnival DREAM , as already noted many times by Booked Cruisers ..both Past now and near future as we are on Sundays journey to FL , God willing..

Is Carnival going to increase Hours of the Mongolian GRILL as well PASTA Stations etc?

Seeing, IMHO, long lines going up a Steep Staircase in heavy seas is not a Safe way...eh..

It is Demand exceeding Supply...;)

Later today may all things go well in Town for you and staff!

You are an extreme asset to Cruising, New Jersey and the Internet.

GOD Speed to youall!

:cool:

ps: Why a Bookless library?

Hi everyone,

On Thursday, Carnival will finally christen it's brand-new Carnival Dream in New York City, and I'll be there, reporting live on the event in Cruise Critic News. I'll also be sailing on Friday's two-night preview cruise -- along with Host Mach and 100+ other Cruise Critic members! -- and would be glad to answer your questions about the 130,000-ton, 3,652-passenger ship, the line's largest ever.

A few questions I've already jotted down for myself:

* What's the 11,250-square-foot adults-only Serenity area, covering two decks, like?

* How does the indoor/outdoor dance club work?

* What's the deal with the 36 "FunHub" kiosks -- easy/useful?

* Is the new steakhouse as good as the Supper Clubs of ships past?

* Will anyone use the corkscrew waterslide in November, in New York (especially if we DO get a nor'easter up this way?!)

I will answer as many questions as I can (though I won't be able to check out specific cabins -- sorry) and post insights and photos -- and I know Host Mach will be doing so as well.

Can't wait!

Melissa

What I am really trying to figure out, we have a balcony on deck 10.. about 8-10 cabins from the bow.. will we look down at the water OR is the path still sticking out so far?? I was hoping it would cut back in towards the front

Camp Carnival.. I will have a 6, 8 and 11 y/o AND an almost 13 y/o in Circle C (?)

THANKS! Stephanie

Hi HLR,

I am not sure what type of security is going to be employed tonight and whether you'll be able to get close to the pier -- I will see what I can find out for you!

Melissa

Hello!

What time do you suggest going to the pier as "a member of the public" to view the festivities? I am guessing it will be mobbed?

HLR

Thanks for your questions, and kind words, AAAAmerican! As for the server changes, today's tech updates went smoothly and are now complete -- all is ready and well for tonight and beyond :)

I will inquire about hours for the Mongolian Grill and on your other questions!

Two Important questions Maam from me.

1.) On your Improvements today in the wee hours now acoming on the Server Changes.. will this effect the reporting and if it does will there be another Server Cluster you have prepared to go live from ..etc..

2.) On the Carnival DREAM , as already noted many times by Booked Cruisers ..both Past now and near future as we are on Sundays journey to FL , God willing..

Is Carnival going to increase Hours of the Mongolian GRILL as well PASTA Stations etc?

Seeing, IMHO, long lines going up a Steep Staircase in heavy seas is not a Safe way...eh..

It is Demand exceeding Supply...;)

Later today may all things go well in Town for you and staff!

You are an extreme asset to Cruising, New Jersey and the Internet.

GOD Speed to youall!

:cool:

ps: Why a Bookless library?

I'll check that out for you! As for Camp Carnival -- the line is so excellent for kids with programs so specific for each age group, that I can't imagine your kids not having fun. How exciting that you are leaving for your trip in less than a month :D Stay tuned for more....

What I am really trying to figure out, we have a balcony on deck 10.. about 8-10 cabins from the bow.. will we look down at the water OR is the path still sticking out so far?? I was hoping it would cut back in towards the front

Camp Carnival.. I will have a 6, 8 and 11 y/o AND an almost 13 y/o in Circle C (?)

THANKS! Stephanie

Hi, all!!

The journey didn't begin too smoothly... The flight out of San Antonio was delayed and ultimately canceled of a maintenance issue... I'll post a pic a bit later.

We got a flight to Houston where we sit awaiting a seoncd flight that will get us into Newark at about 6PM... FOO!!!

Regarding the question about 'fixed' seating for dining... There's three options available for dining... two traditional dining times and Your Time dining. Traditional seatings are in both the Crimson and Scarlet dining rooms at 6:00 PM and 8:15 PM. You have an assigned table and an assigned wait staff. Your Time dining is avaialbe for about 10% of the passenger population from 5:45 to 9:30 PM. I believe that option is available only in the Crimson. I'll check to be sure...

:)

Wish us luck!!!

Hi, all!!

The journey didn't begin too smoothly... The flight out of San Antonio was delayed and ultimately canceled of a maintenance issue... I'll post a pic a bit later.

We got a flight to Houston where we sit awaiting a seoncd flight that will get us into Newark at about 6PM... FOO!!!

Regarding the question about 'fixed' seating for dining... There's three options available for dining... two traditional dining times and Your Time dining. Traditional seatings are in both the Crimson and Scarlet dining rooms at 6:00 PM and 8:15 PM. You have an assigned table and an assigned wait staff. Your Time dining is avaialbe for about 10% of the passenger population from 5:45 to 9:30 PM. I believe that option is available only in the Crimson. I'll check to be sure...

Wish us luck!!!

Naturally I wish both you and Stitch the best of luck. I pray that everything else goes smoothly and that you and Stitch have the best time of your life. You too deserve the best.

Hi, all!!

Wish us luck!!!

Good Luck Mach and Stitch!! Glad you don't sail til tomorrow!;)

THANKS! Stephanie

Hi, Stephanie!

According to the Drag 'n Drop deck plans about the first seven cabins are forward of the wide area on the Promenade Deck so I'm afraid that you'll be looking out a bit to the sea.

I'll be glad to go forward to that area and shoot a picture up toward the Lido Deck to give you an idea of what it might look like.

Naturally I wish both you and Stitch the best of luck. I pray that everything else goes smoothly and that you and Stitch have the best time of your life. You too deserve the best.

Howdy, Robb!!

How's the back doin'???

We're gonna have a great time regardless of the weather...

All we need to do is get to New York today and we'll be fine.

We got a slightly earlier flight out and will be in Newark about 4:45, God willing...

Good Luck Mach and Stitch!! Glad you don't sail til tomorrow!;)

Thanks, Julie!!

I'm not sure about the weather tomorrow vs. today...

It's not too shiny either day but tomorrow DOES have the advantage in swell heights... pressing 30 feet...

;)

Thanks, Julie!!

It's not too shiny either day but tomorrow DOES have the advantage in swell heights... pressing 30 feet...

;)

At least you'll be there though!!!! 30 foot seas, WOW....that sounds.....EXCITING!!!!! :eek::p:D

Ya'll have fun!!!!

Hi HLR,

I am not sure what type of security is going to be employed tonight and whether you'll be able to get close to the pier -- I will see what I can find out for you!

Melissa

Melissa just called me to say that she's at the pier and she checked with Carnival -- there's no public viewing area. However, you can virtually join the festivities on Carnival.com where they will be streaming a video of the christening ceremony.

She also says that as it's kind of a yucky day in New York, you're better off watching the event from the comfort and warmth of your own home or office.

She'll check back in once she's onboard, so keep those questions coming!

Dear Melissa,

Thats great about your new servers and nodes. I see the time to PIPE now is a lot better in flow-through rates. This will provide youall with much better conditions.

Thank you again, in advance for asking them on our questions.

Are you aboard her ( DREAM ) when we board, D+GOD Willing, on Sunday coming ?

PS: DID you see the newly Commissioned US Naval Vessel USS New York too? That new piece of WTC Steel vertical now between the carrier and Passenger Piers is so meaningful for all to know/ see. Will you take a picture of it and show CC.com er's here?

Thanks for your questions, and kind words, AAAAmerican! As for the server changes, today's tech updates went smoothly and are now complete -- all is ready and well for tonight and beyond :)

I will inquire about hours for the Mongolian Grill and on your other questions!

I just boarded the ship -- very cheerful against the gray NYC skies, bright lights, lots of red (which is one of my favorite colors, so I love it). I disembark ON Sunday so we'll just miss each other!

I was harried getting out of the cab and did not see the USS New York -- I will DEFINITELY look for it on Sunday, thank you very much for the tip. Will share photos!

Dear Melissa,

Thats great about your new servers and nodes. I see the time to PIPE now is a lot better in flow-through rates. This will provide youall with much better conditions.

Thank you again, in advance for asking them on our questions.

Are you aboard her ( DREAM ) when we board, D+GOD Willing, on Sunday coming ?

PS: DID you see the newly Commissioned US Naval Vessel USS New York too? That new piece of WTC Steel vertical now between the carrier and Passenger Piers is so meaningful for all to know/ see. Will you take a picture of it and show CC.com er's here?

Good luck with your travels! It's icky here but not pouring...be safe, looking forward to meeting you in person :D

Hi, all!!

Wish us luck!!!

Dear Mach,

Sorry for your Air lag.

That is one P I T A sometimes eh..

Arriving early here and staying in the Garden State where you pay about 60-70 percent less but attain the same bennies at the hotels..is a benefit too and transport into town ( NYC) is easy as well a lot more inexpensive.

We all have to be glad the Fuel Pricing has been fairly constant and supply is now a lot being done via Tankers instead of onshore tanks..

MW-AC521_vopak__MC_20091112104301.jpg

On the WX it has been raining but not hitting the ground a lot so far north of the narrowest part of our Peninsula State (( NJ )) here Which I-195 dissects.

Friday looks as not so nice queing now at 90 percent chances of rain with a lot of wind. Saturday at 77 percent rain.Temps are moderate.

I guess when you read this!

Welcome to Liberty International in Essex County in the City of Newark, NJ!!

May your stay be blessed with a wonderful time aboard the DREAM!

Thanks, Julie!!

;)

Nice pic, LoraJ! Taken from...Weehawken? Fort Lee? Somewhere in that general vicinity, I bet (I grew up in WNY).

Just a note that in addition to covering the christening in Cruise Critic News and hanging out here with you all, I'll be tweeting from my Twitter account @melissapaloti with the hashtag #dream. Feel free to follow us there, too!

I don't really have anything specific on the ship I wish to know. However we would be interested if you could find out from the Maitre'd Ken if he will still be on the ship for the Dec 19-26 sailing. We were in his dining room on the Splendor and would love to still see him on the Dream for our upcoming sailing.

The Carnival Dream definately looks to be a beautiful ship. Can't wait for December to get here.

Hi, Stephanie!

According to the Drag 'n Drop deck plans about the first seven cabins are forward of the wide area on the Promenade Deck so I'm afraid that you'll be looking out a bit to the sea.

I'll be glad to go forward to that area and shoot a picture up toward the Lido Deck to give you an idea of what it might look like.

Thanks Mach! Much appreciated! Considering that we need an inside and a balcony across from either other.. we didnt have much choice.. but I guess I am glad we are more foward than midship with that large wide area out!

And where can I find the drag and drop deck plans???

Archived