VOTE for WHICH LINES Newest ship you would sail

MrPete

Changing the subject to the OP's question:

All the new ships sound appealing to me. My cousin recently sailed on the Ruby Princess and she really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Carnival, and the Carnival Dream sounds nice, but I am wondering if the Dream is just a bigger version of the Triumph or Freedom.

One of my previous cruises I was on an NCL ship. Norwegian was advertising the Epic, where the rooms are "rounder" and is layed out in a unique fashion.

Oasis of the Seas sounds pretty appealing as well.

My vote would be tied for Oasis of the Seas and Norwegian Epic.

There are so many cruise ships, and so little money for me to take all of them out for a spin. Anyhow, I haven't met a cruise ship I didn't like!

There are so many cruise ships, and so little money for me to take all of them out for a spin.

I remember in the 90's thinking I would go on ALL the Fantasy class ships as they came out.

Wishful thinking! :o

I remember in the 90's thinking I would go on ALL the Fantasy class ships as they came out.

Wishful thinking! :o

I still haven't been on one of the Fantasy Class ships. Yesterday I saw a thread showing pictures of the refurbished Ecstasy, and it looked pretty appealing to me. I don't care if it is an older ship. I'm sure they are just as fun as going on a newer ship. Either way, a cruise ship is more than what I have at home... a canoe.

:)

I think the Dream is the least appealing for that large of a ship. It seems to be too close to their other offerings and that's what I'll stick with when I choose Carnival. NCL Epic is ugly but damn it's got some cool features and shows.

I was excited about the SPLENDOR, but discovered it was merely an oversized CONQUEST CLASS (my least favorite class) ship in many ways, I suspect the DREAM is just another upscale in size. I'll probably cruise the DREAM, (if I live long enough) :D, but since Carnival isn't nearly as nice to SOLO cruisers in the pricing department these days, I'm now tempted to try other lines. I would first "stray" to Princess, then maybe Celebrity before cruising another NEW "Farcus" Conquest type ship again. They're starting to remind me of the Tide ads ! !

I'm not suggesting some kind of radical change like RCI has made with the Oasis, but I'd like to see Carnival do something other than just a bigger same oh same oh when it introduces new ships. :rolleyes:

Especially the treatment of the cabins ! ! I was amazed that the SPLENDOR cabin I was in was IDENTICAL to the PRIDE, which was IDENTICAL to the VICTORY, etc. No complaints just no pizzazz one would expect with a newer ship. :(

As long as there will be SPIRIT CLASS ships around, I'll be fine.

Actually, I'd like to try them all. I too am afraid that "Dream" will just be a bigger, more crowded Conquest Class ship, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. The others all sound interesting, except Oasis. I have no real desire to sail that one, as I don't even like Mariner, or the Freedom Class ships. Just too big, and too many people aboard. As soon as I try all the rest, the price of Oasis will come down, and I'll give her a go as well. ;)

"SKY"

Actually, I'd like to try them all. I too am afraid that "Dream" will just be a bigger, more crowded Conquest Class ship, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I'm curious to read the reviews from those that are sailing her now. I hope the "first" one was a fluke.

My vote would be Oasis of the Seas and Norwegian Epic. Dream.

When new smell wears off I would love to board Oasis as well as the Dream .

Oasis especially.

Spirit Class, AKA Radiance Class (RCI) and Vista Class (HAL, P&O and Cunard).

Badge engineering. Its not just the Big 3 automakers doing it.:D

Thanks for the info, Bonneville. I was aware that the HAL Vista class had the same hull as the Spirit class, but not aware of the others. Very interesting. :)

I guess, with each line having so many ships out there, the need to have a ship so designed that it can tranverse the Panama Canal (Spirit class are the absolute maximum size for the canal) is not as necessary these days.

Archived