Beverage Packages - Live now!

6502programmer

Thanks (and I like your reasoning=7 bottles=3 nights). So, the pricing of the package on individual itineraries would be dependent on the length of the cruise. My Mercury cruise is 11 nights so my package would be priced for 11 bottles:eek:

Thanks again.

Re: sharing.

One possible way for Celebrity to track this is through their bar management(?) system. Every time you order a drink it is run through their system and ordering two drinks on the same card within mins. of each other may through up a flag.. Then again maybe not.

I'm not sure how the Beer / Frozen Drinks / Liquor packages will work, but with soda packages, they never even swipe your card. They just look at the sticker or package designation and give you the carbonated beverage of your choice.

Pat

Pat - I notice that once you have the cup in your hand they don't even ask about the sticker. They just take the cup and fill it with whatever you ask them. I guess soda is so cheap it really doesn't matter.

Lucy - I think I told you we decided on doing wine each night individually. Seems a better deal for us since we drink different wines but also the package seemed a little high without knowing the quality or taste of the wine itself. We had such great luck with Michael on Connie in March and all the wine stewards had such great suggestions it worked for us so, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Will do the frozen one for me though!!!

Pat

I decided to try the classic drink package for my 5 night Century cruise of Dec 12th. I like the fact that there are many brands of hard liquor. I can have some old school drinks such as a: Harvey Wallbanger, White Russian, Rusty Nail, Gin & Tonic, B52, many different Martinis, and many many Balley's drinks. To break even, I think five drinks a day is about even; so ten to twenty I will be far ahead!! So I get to enjoy the old school tradition of the three Martini lunch and endless Beefeater & tonics by the pool.;):p

What a grest life; however, having no large charges on one's final bill, priceless!! :):D:cool:

I decided to try the classic drink package for my 5 night Century cruise of Dec 12th. I like the fact that there are many brands of hard liquor. I can have some old school drinks such as a: Harvey Wallbanger, White Russian, Rusty Nail, Gin & Tonic, B52, many different Martinis, and many many Balley's drinks. To break even, I think five drinks a day is about even; so ten to twenty I will be far ahead!! So I get to enjoy the old school tradition of the three Martini lunch and endless Beefeater & tonics by the pool.;):p

What a grest life; however, having no large charges on one's final bill, priceless!! :):D:cool:

That's the way to do it.lol;)

I'll also be on the Century on the 12th. The site isn't letting me view the packages right now (probably because I booked through a TA?), so out of curiosity, what are they charging you for the liquor package you opted for?

Please can you post your experiences with the package (if you can remember :) ) when you come back - it will be good to hear if you found any anomolies of things included or not included

Enjoy your cruise

I like the idea of the packages, however the only one that seems to make financial sense is the frozen drink package. At $5-$6 a drink you only need to have 4 or 5 to be ahead of the game. Plus...my spouse likes the frozen drinks and as long as I get the drink, how to they know who is drinking it? 4-5 a day should not be a problem.

I like to "mix" my drinking on a cruise (frozen drink, beer, wine, liquor) depending on the time of day. I called Celebrity figuring if I purchased the $51 liquor package I could drink beer or frozen drinks too. It would only make sense since beer and frozen drinks are cheaper than liquor drinks. The answer was NO. She told me I would need to buy multiple packages. Yeah...right... lol

I'm cruising on the Equinox on Dec. 4th. Other than the frozen drink package none of this makes too much sense for the average person. I can't see drinking more than 5-7 drinks a day and that is a heck of a lot to drink over a 10 night cruise. I'm waiting until I get on board so I can ask some more questions about the packages. I'm all about limiting costs but I don't want to be drunk for the entire cruise. lol

Do they ever make martinis using ice wine? We are from Southern Ontario and martinis made with ice wine are to die for. We'll be on the Equinox in March.

I like the idea of the packages, however the only one that seems to make financial sense is the frozen drink package. At $5-$6 a drink you only need to have 4 or 5 to be ahead of the game. Plus...my spouse likes the frozen drinks and as long as I get the drink, how to they know who is drinking it? 4-5 a day should not be a problem.

I like to "mix" my drinking on a cruise (frozen drink, beer, wine, liquor) depending on the time of day. I called Celebrity figuring if I purchased the $51 liquor package I could drink beer or frozen drinks too. It would only make sense since beer and frozen drinks are cheaper than liquor drinks. The answer was NO. She told me I would need to buy multiple packages. Yeah...right... lol

I'm cruising on the Equinox on Dec. 4th. Other than the frozen drink package none of this makes too much sense for the average person. I can't see drinking more than 5-7 drinks a day and that is a heck of a lot to drink over a 10 night cruise. I'm waiting until I get on board so I can ask some more questions about the packages. I'm all about limiting costs but I don't want to be drunk for the entire cruise. lol

Do they ever make martinis using ice wine? We are from Southern Ontario and martinis made with ice wine are to die for. We'll be on the Equinox in March.

I have never seen ice wine on any of our cruise. Too bad too as it is so yummy.

Laura

I'm all about limiting costs but I don't want to be drunk for the entire cruise. lol

Heh. Totally the wrong way to look at it. It's about making more money in purchases than losing to over-consumption. If 1 person who (used to) drink $100 per day buys a $50 per day package ("losing" X $50), but 10 people who (used to) drink $40 per day buy it also ("gaining" X $100), Celebrity is money ahead. It's not about providing value, helping people budget, or anything else. It's about maximizing revenue. As a shareholder, I expect nothing less. As a cruiser, I can grumble about it though. :)

Keep in mind that the markup on the booze is probably in the 300% range. While a large part of this is "because they can", I'm sure a not insignificant part is that if they didn't, people would be falling off ships all the time. If you charge for something, people are far less likely to over-use it. This is why certain areas on ships (think: Casual Dining, Johnny Rockets, Bistro on 5, etc) have a token charge. It's not for upgraded product--It's for capacity control. By charging a small amount, you're ensuring only people who are interested in that particular item will use it, versus people who are simply looking for something new/different/shiny.

First, let me say that I do ENJOY my beer. The price for my cruise (9days) is $310 for the bber pkg., which includes the 15% gratuity. I like the choices of imports and microbrews and figure one of them would cost about $6.00 each. That's approx 50 beers for 9 days, or 5-6 beers per day. That might work for a guy like meself, especially on the sea days. But I do like a martini just before dinner as well. Oh well, decisions, decisions.....LOL

what beers are on the ships

5 or 6 beer day

that sounds like before lunch

wow

does anyone know the list of beers for the equinox

what beers are on the ships

5 or 6 beer day

that sounds like before lunch

wow

does anyone know the list of beers for the equinox

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value:

Coors Light, Miller Lite, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Samuel Adams, Dos Equis, Grolsch Swing Top, Carlsberg, Buckler, Hoegarden, Guiness, Bodington's, Leffe, Stella Artois

Oh and I got confirmation that mixers are included in the Liquor package FYI.

• 1 year later...

I am trying to figure out if the beverage package is worth it. When it says that the package cannot be shared, how can that work. If my husband goes to the bar how would they know if the drink if for him or me?? Can someone tell me if these packages are worth it.

I am trying to figure out if the beverage package is worth it. When it says that the package cannot be shared, how can that work. If my husband goes to the bar how would they know if the drink if for him or me?? Can someone tell me if these packages are worth it.

It works exactly how it says; per person. You do not share them and you will very likely get caught if you do. Hopefully this won't blow up into yet another ethics discussion!

Whether it's worth it or not depends on your consumption. There's a sticky thread with prices so you can estimate your costs per day without the package.

We had a classic and a premium on the equinox. It was like 35 a day plus your 15 percent tax. You could get a beer up to 5 and a wine or mixed drink up to 8. It was great. They did not just have a beer package or we would have taken that. Does not take long to add up. Wine at lunch wine with dinner. All your coffees at the coffee bar, fresh orange juice, smoothies, specialty coffees, all the water. We found it great and better yet having a 0 owing at the end of the cruise. We got our money worth and then some.

We are sailing in 2 days on the Solstice. Right now my wife has the premium and I have the classic (alcohol for both). She drinks cosmos and I drink vodka and beer.

We are likely going to spend most of the sea time in the martini bar and the molecular bar. Can we both get martinis (different sizes to suit the packages)? Since we have different packages, are we going to be watched to be sure we do not share drinks?

Should I just upgrade to premium when I get on board to avoid any issues?

Thoughts?

We are sailing in 2 days on the Solstice. Right now my wife has the premium and I have the classic (alcohol for both). She drinks cosmos and I drink vodka and beer.

We are likely going to spend most of the sea time in the martini bar and the molecular bar. Can we both get martinis (different sizes to suit the packages)? Since we have different packages, are we going to be watched to be sure we do not share drinks?

Should I just upgrade to premium when I get on board to avoid any issues?

Thoughts?

If you want to enjoy the drinks in the Molecular Bar, I would consider upgrading to Premium. All of the drinks there are $12 and you do not get credit for the $8 max on the classic. There aren't smaller sizes for less money at either the Martini Bar or the Molecular Bar..

Archived