Randi's Happy Horses Question

blueladybug

I haven't met Randi, but there have been only the best of interactions with her by email. She has gone out of her way to be helpful, and has arranged an extra trip for my group. I can only say great things about her and based on all the positive comments, I assume that we will have an outstanding time. I must say, that I have seen similar comments on tour guides or excursion providers in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman. We have visited these ports with people suggested on Cruise Critic and have not had a bad experience yet. Networking like this is the way to go. I used ship excursions for the first 3 cruises, then I found cruise critic and have planned every excursion on my own, no turning back. We went ziplining in Costa Rica before the cruise ships did it--- definately the way to go for me. I am happy to be riding with Randi, don't let a couple of negatives get in the way of doing what you want. We will be riding on the 23rd of Feb. When we get back, I will put in a report of our excursions. pat

I need Randi's email address for making reservations...

A few years ago, my husband and I booked the horse back ride with Randi while we were in Mazatlan and I can not find the email address I had for her... Some friends of ours are getting ready to take the same Mexican Riviera cruise and I was telling them how much we enjoyed the ride we did with Randi and the group. I am trying to find a website or her email address to pass along to our friends so they can book with her too.

If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it!

Thank you

Jacki

jackimc@cox.net

• 2 weeks later...
I don't mean to seem suspicious . . . but I have never seen any shore excursion touted to the extent that Randi's Happy Horses are. It seems to be discussed on hundreds of posts. I can't help but think that these are either the happiest horses on earth -- or Randi has got a terrific publicist. What is so much better about what she offers than the competition? :confused: I am seriously considering booking this during my Feb. 18 cruise -- and I just can't help but be suspicious. :rolleyes:

By the way . . . any other recommendations in the Mexican Riviera?

HI,

I have to agree with you as I was also a little wary ;) before I made the trip, but I booked with her anyway. We just returned from our cruise and when asked what was the highlight of our trip, I tell everyone it was the day we spent in Matzatlan with Randi!:D Wonderful ride thru the coconut groves and then on the beach with Tony.The lunch at Victor's was heaven! Randi was there at the ship to meet us just as she said, then met us at Victor's and made sure we got back to the ship safely and on time. Believe me, you will have a wonderful time. I can email pics if you would like.

Enjoy,

Jodie and Lorenzo

• 11 months later...

"I recently booked Randi for my Feb. 20th Pride sailing. I used her online reservation form on her web page.."

Have been trying to find Randi's web page but no luck. Can you give me the URL? Would really appreciate it.:)

it is $45 per person and that is cash only!

(no credit cards)

We are going in March. One of her assistants is going to be leading the horse for my youngest son (who is a special needs child). I am going to tip him separately. Would $10 be ok? (about 20% of the cost of the ride)

Please...don't ever think that she is not what she appears to be...a happy, fun-loving, honest person..who is making a living for herself and the people who help her with the rides and the horses! All of my friends who did the ride (I had a broken foot so had fun sitting at Victor's with Randi) said this was the high-light of their trip! The ride, the food and the fun were the best! Again...she is a very special lady and is providing an experience that I think you will all value, for ever! And as far as Victor's is concerned...a spot in paradise..with great food and service...cast your concerns aside and believe that there are people in this world who are REAL! LuAnn

Luann,
You are so right. We have ridden and we have sat and talked while others have ridden. Randi is a down to earth, hard working gal who loves what she does. She used to live here in Northern California and was involved in rodeos and horses here and then went to a slower paced life style and she loves it. She also loves her crew as if they were her kids and takes really good care of them. Her horses are well cared for. I can say this tour was the highlight of our whole Mexican Riviera cruise each time - and we are looking forward to doing it again. Now she is more than "our" tour guide, she is our friend. You won't be sorry you booked this ride.

Maybe seeing is believing... Check out these pictures from our ride with Randi back in 2003! Maybe you'll understand why most people who have spent the day in paradise with Randi's Happy Horses keep coming back for more! We absolutely can't wait to ride with her in April!

[URL="http://community.webshots.com/user/jenmoreno123"]http://community.webshots.com/user/jenmoreno123[/URL]

HI,
If you want to tip her, send an e-mail and ask her if she wants anything for the states. She loves Rye bread and Ex. Sharp Chedder Chesse.
I always write to her before we leave and ask her if she needs anything. We have been riding with her for the last 5 years now.We are going again in April. My girls wouldn't have it any other way....
Michelle

I don't think anybody with us that day wore pants - it was late June and about 100 degrees with 100% humidity!!!! :eek: Surprisingly enough - when we got to Stone Island, it was much cooler and on the beach it was heaven! But it was really hot and muggy when we first got off the ship and in town!

Shorts were perfectly comfortable for the ride IMO! Notice Randi is wearing a swimsuit and shorts - I think that is her standard outfit! Dress for the weather - if it is coolish, wear pants. If hot, wear shorts - you will be fine!

Just a note: we booked with Randi and are going next Wednesday on her ride... we emailed her first to ask a question and after waiting a few days wrote her again and she said she did get my first email and wrote me back. Come to find out all her emails to me were going to my spam folder. So just a tip to someone who is emailing her, CHECK YOUR SPAM, it might be there!
Have Fun!

Archived