Oasis of the Seas Godmothers: Best (and Worst) Choice?

Who's your favorite of my seven godmothers?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite of my seven godmothers?

• Daisy Fuentes, television personality
    • Shawn Johnson, gymnast
    • Dara Torres, swimmer
    • Keisha Knight Pulliam, actress
    • Jane Seymour, actress
    • Michelle Kwan, figure skater
    • Gloria Estefan, musician
    • I don't like any of the choices, Oasis!

I agree with BecciBoo's opinion on getting REAL woman to be the Godmother. Why not go for a woman that has been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan for any length of time away from her family especially if she has left little ones behind?:confused: She is far more a woman than the ones you have named who are out there making BIG bucks and sleeping in big king size beds everynight and taking nice hot showers whenever they please:rolleyes:. They are the real Godmothers to all of us lucky enough to be living in the United States of America:).

I vote for Keisha hands down! She is intelligent, beautiful, talented and deserves an honor such as this one!

I see that this is your first post so I'll cut you some slack!:cool:

I agree she is beautiful, talented and intelligent but why does "RUDY" deserve an honor like this? The Cosby show ended 17 years ago! And she hasn't done anything reputable since........wait........didn't she pose in Playboy recently?........ :eek: LOL!

And Daisy Fuentes? Super smoking hot! But Godmother? And to the OP who commented on her backside.......I think you've got her mixed up with J Lo! :rolleyes:

definately Gloria Estefan. I totaly agree with digital_curator... The best person here is Gloria.

No offense Laura but I didn't actually think that Gloria was a good choice.

I do agree with some of the others- I would have like to have seen an 'everyday' hero but I guess in RCI's opinion the celebrities bring some cache to the ship. Kinda D-list cache with this group, but whatever;)

I think people like Dara Torres and Shawn Johnson are the perfect Godmothers.

Dara Torres went up against all the odds and succeeded. She was the oldest athlete at the 2000 games. She then retired from swimming and settled down to build a family. After having her first child she used swimming to get back into shape and it worked so well that 15 months later she returned to the Olympics in Beijing to win three medals at the age of 40. Now that is an inspirational story.

Shawn Johnson is only 17 yet since the 2008 Olympics she has worked to help children. She recently was a part of a contest for children to win a trip to the 2010 Olympics where she will be their guide. She is also the one who will be working with the Make A Wish Foundation to grant wishes on board. Yet she is still not even an adult.

Well said. :) (I voted for Dara - what an amazing, strong woman.)

I really do not understand the choice of celebs for godmothers.

If the cruiselines want to honor someone by naming them godmother of a newly built ship, why don't they select a person who has actually done something to improve the condition of world, or some part of it.

Somehow singers, actresses and other celebrity types just don't make the cut. They're worth millions, and usually are not particularly philanthropic (at least not publicly). They just spend all their big bucks on themselves and their outrageous lifestyles.

I agree....RCI got it right with the Godmother of Independence ...Elizabeth Hill started a great charity.

Dara Torres is my favorite. Being over 40 and winning 3 silver medals in the 2008 Olympics was inspirational, plus her having competed in the Olympics five times since 1984. Just amazing.

I don't understand the selection of Keisha Knight Pulliam.

I think she's a fabulous choice. A comeback kid that just keeps going, and a great inspiration for all women. If you think you can do it you can!:)

So my seven godmothers have been announced, and I'd like to know, who's your favorite of the picks? Is it Daisy Fuentes, international television personality and producer; gymnast Shawn Johnson; actress Keisha Knight Pulliam; swimmer Dara Torres; actress Jane Seymour; figure skater Michelle Kwan; or Gloria Estefan?

And just for fun ... since I am the the largest and most amusing cruise ship ever built ... which pick are you most disappointed with?

Best Jane Seymour

Worst Gloria Estefan

In the legal world, Daisy Fuentes' selection would be considered a conflict of interest. Doesn't her representation of Celebration Cruise Line conflict with being Godmother to a RCCL ship? Odd. Maybe she doesn't have a signed contract with Celebration, they probably couldn't afford an attorney to write up the contract! Ouch.

Gloria Estefan is the right person for all 7 spots. She is the Queen of South Florida!

Archived